Spider-Man 3 (discussion and spoilers)

Wow.... I'd say about 90% of the people I know who saw it said it was great. One person who even said he thought it looked worse than the first two said "Spidey 3....best movie ever, or THE BESTEST movie ever?".

I was actually surprised at how well it went over.

Maybe your friends are broken.

yes, but I still think thats the only good way to pull off kraven in a movie. Otherwise what the **** is he hunting?

On cartoon (not sure on comics) didn't he hunt spider-man beacuse Spider-man = animal like in powers BUT with the brain of a human to make him tougher foe.

but yeah I would love kraven lizard story too

I like the Kraven/Lizard idea(assuming we're exclusively talking about a real sequel with the same producers directed by Raimi and starring Maguire and Dunst.... but that's besides the point right now:wink: ).

However, they'd need to take Kraven REALLY seriously for him to work. Make him a HUGE badass and lose the leotard.

However, they'd need to take Kraven REALLY seriously for him to work. Make him a HUGE badass and lose the leotard.

like game look?

spider-man-3-character-bonanza-2-1.jpg

thanks watcher for that picture

it was a good movie but i can't help but think that they tried to do too much in this movie, they never even followed up on Peter's proposal or anything, Sandman was pretty much a hollow character that should have gotten more air time, and the whole "evil-jerkhead-jazzfan-emo-masciosinist-peter-parker" thing was waaaaaaaaaaaay over done.

7.5/10

Oh come on..... "Everybody has every intention of making a 4th, 5th, 6th, and so on". Gimme a break. I've read/watched 3 or 4 interviews with Raimi this weekend and he has said he's so exhausted he probably won't be up for even a 4th, Dunst says she refused to come back without Sam, and I have no cause to believe that Maguire would do a Spidey film without either of them.

When I say there won't be another sequel, I mean a REAL sequel, continuing the story with the same cast. And so far, nothing leads me to believe their will be.

Also, why does everyone think that even if this happens he won't be with Mary Jane in the next film? They're the whole point of the series!

Oh please. Raimi or not, they'll make the sequels, even if it isn't "real" to you. Dunst has said also she's done with this. She said it back when 2 came out.

Oh please. Raimi or not, they'll make the sequels, even if it isn't "real" to you. Dunst has said also she's done with this. She said it back when 2 came out.

What's "real" to me, as in a sequel continuing the same story with the same cast and director, is what I've been talking about all along. The article you posted in "rebuttal" doesn't say anything to confirm that something like that'll happen.

And it's clearly bollocks too, if they're saying "everybody has every intention of making three more films" when we know for a fact that several of the key people don't have any such intention at this point.

Just because there's a cast or director change doesn't mean the story won't be continued. It's a sequel in every way, shape and form if it continues at Spider-Man 4 right after Harry's death.

Batman Begins is not a sequel to Batman and Robin, but Batman Forever is a sequel to Batman Returns. Spider-Man 4 will be a sequel to Spider-Man 3.

Just because there's a cast or director change doesn't mean the story won't be continued. It's a sequel in every way, shape and form if it continues at Spider-Man 4 right after Harry's death.

Batman Begins is not a sequel to Batman and Robin, but Batman Forever is a sequel to Batman Returns. Spider-Man 4 will be a sequel to Spider-Man 3.
Bingo.

Joe Kalicki FTW!

Last edited:
:shock: I liked it. A lot.

Everything that was supposed to be bad about the film (was still bad) but they made it work. Sandman's connection to Uncle Ben's death, force feeding us Venom I would have rather seen these things worked out differently but it didn't take away from the film at all for me. God damn James Franco was brilliant! The entire Goblin Legacy thread in the movie was easily the best part. I just wish when he came to help in the end he was in classic goblin gear instead of the revamped one. Sandman and Venom were great visually. You could easily see Raimi's love for Sandman in the film. The scenes were great. My complaints are minor and I loved the previous Spider-Man films enough to give them 5/5 and I think this was the best one so I'm giving this a 5 too.

Why was Gwen Stacy and Captain Stacy in this again?

Oh yeah, I really enjoyed the score too.

Because Gwen in comics was his first love. Sony knew people would make a big deal out of it. Let's face it during the film unless you knew the story from novel ect... Mary Jane and Peter were on the rocks.

They needed a second love interest to give us the feeling M.J and peter were doomed. Now be honest if it was a no named new love interest that feeling that Peter might not choose M.J would be lost.

Add to that those "leaked" stories of Kristen saying she does not want to be in any more spider-man films and I'll admit during the film I and a few people I spoke to thought he would pick Gwen till the end.

They knew they could do that and since movie M.J is like M.J and stacy in comics together the name "Gwen Stacy" could be used as a throw away character.

Captain Stacy was there to show this IS Gwen before some comib book nerds said "It can't be Gwen. Her father isn't Captain Stacy" It was a genius movie by sony

And that's your opinion. Fine.

I have a completely different opinion of what a true, full sequel is. I've only ever had or expressed that one opinion. I then said that what I consider to be a true sequel probably won't happen. Ice proceded to say "Oh REALLY?", and posted an article that was far from reliable as if it were a fact.

So far, no one had debated with me about my sequel standards.

The article said that everyone has every intention of returning. I pointed out that it was unreliable, and that I still saw nothing to say a true sequel would happen.

In response to that, Ice goes "Oh please Raimi or not it's still a sequel" which had nothing to do with the article he posted or my debunking of it.

Then you say what you think is a true sequel and Ice agrees as if you two have proven something.

???

I'm not arguing about what a real sequel is! We all have opinions on that, and opinions are all they are! I'm just saying that what I consider to be a real sequel(Raimi and all the cast returning) probably won't happen, and so far nothing gives me reason to believe it will! That's all! I'm not debating over whose definition of "true sequel" is correct!

Last edited:
:shock: I liked it. A lot.

Everything that was supposed to be bad about the film (was still bad) but they made it work. Sandman's connection to Uncle Ben's death, force feeding us Venom I would have rather seen these things worked out differently but it didn't take away from the film at all for me. God damn James Franco was brilliant! The entire Goblin Legacy thread in the movie was easily the best part. I just wish when he came to help in the end he was in classic goblin gear instead of the revamped one. Sandman and Venom were great visually. You could easily see Raimi's love for Sandman in the film. The scenes were great. My complaints are minor and I loved the previous Spider-Man films enough to give them 5/5 and I think this was the best one so I'm giving this a 5 too.

Oh yeah, I really enjoyed the score too.

Well Gwen was pretty much just used to show how much Peter had changed. Peter without the black suit would have never used Gwen like that, just to get back at MJ. They could have just used Betty for that. I really don't know why Captain Stacy was there. Maybe they were just bonus characters for the fans.

I do know they were going to have Gwen in the second movie. but then cut her character out of the final script. It's possible like SSJmole said, it could be a set-up for the next film.

Latest posts

Back