Spider-Man 3 (discussion and spoilers)

So I watched the DVD for the first time last night, making it the second time I saw the movie.

Instead of being in hardcore Spidey-mode like the first time I saw the movie, I'm in more of a Batman mood, and this was a private viewing on DVD rather than on a huge screen with a cheering crowd. So my less-biased appraisal of it?

I still loved it. A few of it's flaws were more apparent this time, but I still don't get the majority of the hate. There really isn't anything major I would change. The biggest difference between it and the other two for me is simply that it isn't as... classy. But I still enjoy the hell out of it and I think it's easily worth a solid 9 out of 10. The weakest of the three, but coming from me that's no catastrophe.

So I watched the DVD for the first time last night, making it the second time I saw the movie.

Instead of being in hardcore Spidey-mode like the first time I saw the movie, I'm in more of a Batman mood, and this was a private viewing on DVD rather than on a huge screen with a cheering crowd. So my less-biased appraisal of it?

I still loved it. A few of it's flaws were more apparent this time, but I still don't get the majority of the hate. There really isn't anything major I would change. The biggest difference between it and the other two for me is simply that it isn't as... classy. But I still enjoy the hell out of it and I think it's easily worth a solid 9 out of 10. The weakest of the three, but coming from me that's no catastrophe.
*opens mouth*

... You know what, forget, just-just forget it.

*opens mouth*

... You know what, forget, just-just forget it.

No, really, I'd be happy to discuss it. I really don't get why you guys hate it so much. I mean, not liking a lot of it, thinking it's corny, sure. But to loathe it the way you and Ice seem to.... what am I missing that wrecks it completely for you guys? The only real plot flaw I can see is Butler Ex Machina, which is definitely the dumbest and most gimmicky part, but I can't see it pulling thw whole movie apart.

i just watched it again

i need to know something

how did Eddie know about Flint's daughter?

did Peter know? i'm pretty sure he didn't or else he would NEVER have tried to kill him symbiote or not

Well said dude.

i just watched it again

i need to know something

did Peter know? i'm pretty sure he didn't or else he would NEVER have tried to kill him symbiote or not

He looked up the records on sandman i would assume for some kind of leverage

No, really, I'd be happy to discuss it. I really don't get why you guys hate it so much. I mean, not liking a lot of it, thinking it's corny, sure. But to loathe it the way you and Ice seem to.... what am I missing that wrecks it completely for you guys? The only real plot flaw I can see is Butler Ex Machina, which is definitely the dumbest and most gimmicky part, but I can't see it pulling thw whole movie apart.

I would, but I don't feel like being pissed off all day

Watched this the other day on DVD, which is the first time I've seen it due to a few bizarre reasons!

I thought it was pretty good!

Sandman was, as anticipated, brilliant, crazy origin but it's a movie so it's to be expected! His family backstory was a bit crappy though, it reminded me of the "noone thinks of a henchman's family" scene from Austin Powers!

Venom was f****** amazing, both as Peter and finally as Brock! For some reason I almost prefer Peter when he's a bit of an ar****le! Loved the big fight at the end and the way we almost get to see Venom looking remarkably like Ultimate Venom, minus the tongue of course!

It was good to see Harry redeem himself at the end, although a pity he had to die, but I guess thats the way redemption works in these things!

Obviously the Stacy family were brought in for any future movies due to their storylines being almost nonexistent, but I'm happy with Gwen being eye candy in this one!

There is obviously a few plot holes occur along the way, like the whole butler thing, I was literally shouting....
"YOU COULD HAVE TOLD HIM THAT 2 MOVIES AGO YOU T*T",
but I tend to overlook these minor things in favour of the film as a whole!

So in the end up, beautifully realised fight scenes, Parker with the black suit, Harrys redemption, hilarious engagement attempt, it all adds up to a pretty decent film!

Now if we can just have Electro and the Lizard in the next one I'll be a happy chap !!

I'm easily pleased when it comes to these things obviously :?

4.2/5.0
(spidey 4.5/5.0)
(spidey2 4.0/5.0)
bbwwwahahaha :twisted:

Happy Bonfire night tomorrow everyone

Last edited:
I knew it was tomorrow but won't be back on till tomorrow night and I reckoned 45mins till the 5th of November was a reasonable time to wish everyone a decent day!

I stand corrected my friend :wink:

i just watched it again

i need to know something

Oddly enough it was in the Bendis and Bagley Spider-Man 3: The Black mini comic book that came with the DVD if you bought it at Wal-Mart.

It starts off with Eddie turning into Venom. Eddie wonders out of the church into a back ally. Still trying to wrap his mind around what just happened to him. He hears some people arguing with a Hot Dog vender. He attacks and as he's attacking the suit is force feeding him Peter's memories. The cops show up and start shooting. Eddie takes off and goes off the roof tops. Where he's puts together all these memories, that aren't his and coming to grips that Peter is Spider-Man. The suit is telling Eddie it wants Peter back. But Eddie wants revenge...

We them see Eddie at the Stacy house as Captain Stacy is being called back into work (most likely to tell the Parkers about Flint Marko). Eddie then sneaks up to George Stacy's room looking over the Ben Parker file. After that we see Eddie hunt down Marko and kidnaps MJ.

Up at the construction site Eddie says, He's a liar. Is the thing. You know that? He kissed her. Gwen Stacy. My Gwen. He kissed her right in front of both of us. I'm going to get him back for you, Mary Jane. For All of us. He's going to pay for what he done to you. He Doesn't love you the way I love you.

Flint: What are you doing?

Eddie: I'm Have a moment.

Flint: Spider-Man. This is about Spider-Man.

Eddie: I. Know. This is wat he cares about the most in the world. His heart... Is filled with her. Her her and her. He'll come here to get her Then you do your thing -- you just keep everyone else away from us.

Flint: Maybe he won't come.

Eddie: He'll come. And then we can flip a coin to decide if we kill him in front of her... ...or her in front of him. Either way, I'm good.

Flint: Put her back in the cab.

Eddie: Get ready... He's coming.

Flint: How do You know?

Eddie: It can feel him.

It ends just as Spider-Man shows up for the last fight.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back