Spider-Man 3 The game

X-Box 360 isn't bad. Of couse I probably would have beaten it by now if I hadn't gotten lost in the damn subway system. I finally manage to come out of Grand Central Station and a mission popped uped. I had to beat up the bad guys, save the people, defues some bomb at a bank, and take it to the police. And you couldn't shake those things to much or they'd go off. So I go it to them just in time the clock was at 00:00:02. It fun so far I'll have to play some more later.

X-Box 360 isn't bad. Of couse I probably would have beaten it by now if I hadn't gotten lost in the damn subway system. I finally manage to come out of Grand Central Station and a mission popped uped. I had to beat up the bad guys, save the people, defues some bomb at a bank, and take it to the police. And you couldn't shake those things to much or they'd go off. So I go it to them just in time the clock was at 00:00:02. It fun so far I'll have to play some more later.

Sounds cool

Picked it up right after the movie for PS3. So far so good.....

I'm gonna go fight the Goblin now.

changed my mind on Wii version. It's pretty cool. Wii controls have imprved the game when you get in to it. I just beat Sheirk and I have to say her and morbius look great on the game and i could see them wearing that in a film.

Same with Kraven.

Bosses I've beat so far

New Goblin (kind of)
lizard
Super Lizard
Kraven
Morbius
Sheirk
mad bomber

I played it for about an hour earlier. I wasn't too impressed.

It's better than SM2.........but so far not by much. Some of the controls have been changed around and they take some time to get used to.

I'll have more later when I get a chance to properly formulate an opinion on this.

4 hours 57 minutes (according to scrapbook) of game play and I've completed story mode. would collect tokens but after spider-man 3 i''m not falling for that again

I have a question, are there any big difference between the wii version and the ps3/360 other than the wii remote?

Last edited:
Who is in the voice cast for this game? Did they get a lot of the actors from the movie? Could someone post the list?

I have a question, are there any big difference between the wii version and the ps3/360 other than the wii remote?

Yes

ps3/360 have a lot more in them.

Wii has 5 storylines instead of 10 like ps3 and 30

Wii has Morbius and Shriek BUT no scorpion or Rhino

No going in sewers or subways for free roam only in story.

basically the Wii version is the Ps2 version with controls.

After seeing the movie, I don't want even want to play this at all.

You know what.....you're completely right for not wanting to.

Afer several hours of gameplay I can safely say I'd rather play "Superman Returns".

Yeah. I said it.

You want reasons? I got your stinkin' reasons:

Story: The story is loosely (and I mean loosely) based of the third film. Cut some corners, throw in some random villain at random time and boom! Story. You've seen it all before.....now only lamer the third time around.

Gameplay: This game wants to be so many things it's not. Swinging---
First off, the swinging is like the easy-mode of swining in SM2. Or for those who can't remember that far back---it's just like the swinging in USM. Remember how in SM2 Spidey only really had one or 2 different swining poses? Well this time around he's got 4-7. Too bad they don't do nothing but look passably pretty. I much rather prefer the crispness to the animation in USM game.

Then there's the simulation of speed as you fly thru the air. Ugh is it annoying. You know how everything gets blury is Need For Speed when you hit nitro? There's that fuzziness around the edges of the screen---but not in that good Burnout3 kinda way. I'm talking about early stages of cataracts. Seriously people---it doesn't look fast. It looks like my TV is about to go bad.

But all that takes a back seat to how almost unmanagable the swinging actually is. It's like the designers were so focused on making the swinging look pretty like the movie that they forgot about adding in functionality and manuverability. I honestly prefer the swining mechanics from SM2. It's so bad that swinging around a street corner is damn near impossible.

Fighting---
Haha....silly Spidey, thinks he's Kratos. I can't remember the last time I had to do so many context-sensitive commands. Uh-oh....Harry's dragging me thru the street! I better hit X and O at the right time all while manually steering out of the way of cars with the R2 and L2 buttons. WTF? Some crazy guy is shooting missles at me while I fight 7 of his goons. I better stop punching (which is impossible once the combo starts) and face the missile. Then I better hit O when I see it on the screen to send it back to him.........all while hitting L2 to dodge the laser coming at me from goon#4.

Do not mistake this for saying the game's too hard. I've played Devil May Cry3. So this game does not intimidate me. But yeah....the controls have changed a bit. And they feel unnatural.....even after playing for a few hours. Keep in mind that I'm using a PS controller...

Left analog = Move
Right analog = Move ****ty camera
Square = Light attack
Triangle = Hard Attack
O = Web pellet (hold O to string up)
X = Jump (hold X to charge jump)
R1 = Web zip (think web zip from USM...not SM2)
L1 = Nothing
R2 = Swing
L2 = Dodge

Now I know that that set-up might not seem so weird.....but just play and tell me it's not weird. It's weird.

Mini-games or civilian calls---
Ok....I don't have to save any kid's balloon. But if I have to Kratos yank one more kidnapped person out the dumpster........ugh.

Granted there are a lot more varieties of events......but they're still basically: Spidey swing here and punch 4-5 bad guys and then grab the purse or deactivate the bomb or take the person to the ambulance.

Black Suit use---
Like SM2's Spidey Sense Slow Mo Time......only instead of fuzzy light and slo-mo....you get black edges around your screen. Enough said.

Oh yeah....except that if you wear the black suit too long you lose control and then I think it's game over or something weak like that. I was always able to get it off just in time.

Graphics:
Meh. I was playing on PS2......but I've see the graphics for PS3 and 360. Not impressed. Pretty graphics do not make up for a slightly mediocre game.

Overall-----the game is a slight disapointment. Yeah it has a novelty appeal to it. But it's just not worth owning. I say give it an extended rental.

5.5/10

Trust me people. Do not let the hype fool you.

The Devil May Cry games are so hard I can't even get past the first bosses.

It was deadly just on easy.

The bosses were so extreme. I almost slit my wrist when I found out I had to fight them all again... in a row.

Then I found out only a couple and I was better and had health.

Dude....I'm with you.

Anyways.....back to the Craptastic Spiderman.

Latest posts

Back