Spider-Man 3 The game

I hate the sky dive. I swear it is freaking imposible. But as I am a glutton for Achievments I must complete them all.

Boss's are tough! My little brother spent 2 hours fighting Kraven and called that the toughest fight in the game.

Kraven's a ****ing bastard and I ****ing hate his gay-icon guts. I spent close to two hours trying to waste his ***, only to find out that you had to fight him AGAIN.

Lizard and Kingpin were tougher for me.

After beating Kraven, I was so good at the combos and the fighting that I was practically invincible. I beat Lizard on the first go and I beat Kingpin after the second.

Voice actors in both versions sucked.

Topher Grace is hilarious in this game. His character model is engaging in all sorts of angry body language (that would suggest that he was shouting), while his voice is just dull and monotonous throughout.

Goblin...Goblin starts off fun. Race to the final fight to save Spidey. And the controls take a bit to get used to, but there's some really fun possibilities with this!

Get to the fight. You're locked in going either left or right circling Sandman while you throw pumpkin bombs for a bit until he dies. There's no chance Sandman will hit you (until you use a fire hydrant on him, don't ask). It's easy.

Seems a bit weird that they gave us a big tutorial and no opportunity to use any of the stuff we learn in it. The New Goblin playable option better be downloadable soon.

Followed by the toughest thing in the game. An 'interactive cutscene' which is the fastest one I've ever seen in a game. You need to know the button and stick motions before they come up on the screen. Otherwise you must redo the utterly boring Sandman battle again.

That was pretty hard all right, but I didn't have to fight Sandman again. Are you sure you did?

And once you beat the game...what do you do? Well, you go into the hard drive and delete it and start again, because there's no way to start a new save game!

Well...there's also the option of playing through all of the story missions again, only with the black suit, or you can continue in your red and blues, on your quest for 100%. You can toggle between these two options. I thought this was great.

Venom's voice is terrible.

I thought it was alright, but it was difficult to understand him at times.

Web attacks are weak and damn near useless.
I miss webbing people to street lamps. I miss it good.

As do I. As do I.

The 360 game might be worth a buy.

It's definitely worth buying and I had a lot of fun with it, but overall, the artificial difficulty of it just pisses me right off. Whoever thought interactive cutscenes like these were a good idea has emotional troubles.

On a side note, was anyone a bit disappointed by Kingpin? I was really looking forward to him, seeing as how I always thought movie-Spidey wouldn't be able to face him because of copyright issues, and yet here he was...and he's crap. He's got a clichéd Posh English accent and Spidey already knows he's a crimelord. It would have been way cooler if we spent half the game unaware of who the Kingpin was, like in the animated series. I also would have preferred if Fisk sounded more like his animated counterpart, or better still, if he had looked and sounded like Michael Clarke Duncan in Daredevil.

If you fail at the Sandman interactive cutscene you have to repeat it and it takes off a bit of health.

Fail enough, you die and have to repeat the whole battle with Giant Sandy again.

I had to restart three times.

THREE TIMES!

Kingpin was a disappointment.
As was his "death."

Last edited:
If you fail at the Sandman interactive cutscene you have to repeat it and it takes off a bit of health.

Fail enough, you die and have to repeat the whole battle with Giant Sandy again.

Fair enough. That didn't happen for me.

Kingpin was a disappointment.
As was his "death."

Yeah! So what, did Spider-Man just kill him? We never find out!

20070509.jpg

Bwahahahahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
A few months ago I got the game for wii hoping that even though the movie sucked balls the game would be entertaining... nope, it too sucked balls. The only reason I hate the wii, they can do ports and have to make an even crappier version of the game

Oh....it so was.

I just rented it the other day to see if my initial reaction and review was wrong.

It still sucked.

I really liked the web-swinging in it, it made the web-swinging in the previous games seem like an Atari 2600 game. The combat had some positive points in it, even if it was far better in the previous games.

Oh...wait...Kraven.

Nah, you're right. This game sucks.

As stated before I had wii version and thought it really sucked. Just bought ps3 version on Ebay since Goblin is DLC (couldn't find special edtion) I think new charracter to play as + more missions + plus extras I may like it. I want to like it I really do and It'll tie me over till web of shadows comes out.

Latest posts

Back