Spider-Man: Edge of Time

Captain Canuck

The poster formerly known as captaincanuck65
spideyedgeoftime2.jpg

Activision Publishing, Inc. and Marvel Entertainment, LLC today announced Spider-Man™: Edge of Time, where Spider-Man faces one of his greatest challenges ever – saving Spider-Man. Developed by Activision-owned studio Beenox, Spider-Man: Edge of Time challenges the player to take on the roles of both classic Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2099 to correct a timestream gone awry and prevent a catastrophic future brought on by the early and untimely death of Peter Parker.

"The first Spider-Man entry by Beenox, Spider-Man™: Shattered Dimensions, was touted as one of the wall-crawler's best Spider-Man games to date from both critics and fans," said Vicharin Vadakan, Director, Global Brand Management. "Beenox is once again taking a fresh and different approach to bring a fast-paced and high-octane adventure and unexpected story to life in Spider-Man: Edge of Time."

"At Beenox, we are constantly listening to the fans and looking for new and creative ways to innovate the gameplay experience for them," said Dee Brown, Studio Head, Beenox. "We want to create a totally distinct experience in Spider-Man: Edge of Time by working with Peter David on the story and creating this urgent, high-stakes experience where time is working against you and the fate of Spider-Man hangs in the balance."

Spider-Man: Edge of Time is a focused, action-packed adventure set in two connected and evolving timelines, from the contemporary times of the Amazing Spider-Man to the corrupted future world of Spider-Man 2099, against the backdrop of a rich, tightly crafted narrative by acclaimed Marvel veteran Peter David (co-creator of the comic book series Spider-Man 2099). The game features all-new "cause-and-effect" gameplay, where players will see how the immediate and sometimes unexpected effects of their actions as one Spider-Man changes the timeline of the other Spider-Man. Spider-Man: Edge of Time is slated for release this fall.

Attendees at WonderCon 2011 in San Francisco, CA, can get a sneak peek and learn more about the game on the Activision/Spider-Man panel on Saturday, April 2, at 4:30 p.m. in Room 103.

For more information on Spider-Man: Edge of Time tune in to the HeroHQ community on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/heroHQ.

That poster is obviously amazing but everything else remains to be seen. My gut reaction to a giant dimension-rending crossover-filled crazy Spidey game(let alone the second one in a row) is "Meh, I'd rather play one about swinging around New York being a superhero", but for now, this can go either way. Waiting to hear whether or not it's gonna be open-world is the main thing.

I love Peter David's spidey-writing though.

That was fast. Why do I get the feeling that most of this game is just stuff they didn't use in Shattered Dimensions. Oh well, I'll keep an eye out for this.

Why are all these Spider-Man games about alternate dimensions? What do alternate dimensions even have to do with Spider-Man?

Why are all these Spider-Man games about alternate dimensions? What do alternate dimensions even have to do with Spider-Man?

I think the video game industry is taking notes from the movie industry. Take something that worked the last time... And run it into the ground.

Exactly. But it could be like what watcher said:
That was fast. Why do I get the feeling that most of this game is just stuff they didn't use in Shattered Dimensions.

The movie reboot will probably land us another good down-to-earth open-world Spidey game, but I'd sure like it if Marvel could do the same on their own. Best idea: ASM: The Video Game, taking place over the course of the original hundred-or-so issues. I would play that so hard.

Edit: Man, though. If some fan did a really good photoshopping of that poster where they made the background and reflection in Spidey's lens just regular modern NYC and take the "Edge of Time" out of the title part, I would totally hang it on my wall as a general Spider-Man poster. It rocks.

Last edited:

The first one was them trying something new and tapping into the fact that Spidey has been reinterpreted several times in various incarnations (/dimensions). This one seems to be them realizing that Spidey 2099 was awesome and running with that.

So basically shattered dimensions which got boring fast. However without Noir (the best world to play as in shattered dimensions) .... I'll pass on this I think. Unless they show something worth buying it for.

New trailer.

Isn't Anti-Venom supposed to be one of the good guys now?

[video=youtube;PJNT-qw6sLY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJNT-qw6sLY[/video]

Last edited:
The movie reboot will probably land us another good down-to-earth open-world Spidey game,

One of the best things about Marvel Studios not owning the rights to Spider-Man or X-Men is that the games end up being much better than the Sega crap that's spewed out every summer for the Avengers movies. The Wolverine game was a triumph.

I'm still waiting on this generation's 'great' Spider-Man game; a true sequel to Spider-Man 2 for the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube generation.

but I'd sure like it if Marvel could do the same on their own. Best idea: ASM: The Video Game, taking place over the course of the original hundred-or-so issues. I would play that so hard.

Yes please. Although a lot of it would probably just seem like overlap from the first three movies.

Man, though. If some fan did a really good photoshopping of that poster where they made the background and reflection in Spidey's lens just regular modern NYC and take the "Edge of Time" out of the title part, I would totally hang it on my wall as a general Spider-Man poster. It rocks.

Definitely. That's a lot of Photoshopping, but it could be done.

sort of. He is willing to kill the bad guys and doesn't really believe that Spidey is a good guy, so he's still an antagonist.

I just heard a rumor that Anti-Venom is being mind controlled by the main bad guy in the future for this game.

I think a better question is why is Anti-Venom in this game?

They probably were thinking... hm, need a new villain. hm, we used Venom a lot but, hmmm. I know! Anti-Venom is new enough, isn't he? Yep, lets use Anti-Venom then.

:shock:

Dude, YES! Is that the highest res version? I'm probably going to get that printed.

Imagine if I spent more than 15 minutes on it. No if you see something and fits on your screen, it's not high res. Screens are 72 ppi and print is between 150 - 300 ppi. I could try scaling it up for high res what size do you want(think about your printing options)

I meant like, is that that the highest res version you had of it, i.e. did you photoshop the same image from this thread or find a way bigger one somewhere, used it, then posted a version that didn't destroy the threadsize. Anyway, however bigger you think you can make it without a significant drop in quality would be cool.

I'm still waiting on this generation's 'great' Spider-Man game; a true sequel to Spider-Man 2 for the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube generation.

I am the opposite. The open world spider-man games got boring fast. I recently replayed Spider-man 2 and It bored me. It was basically just swinging to get to do anything. I mean having to go 100s of Miles just reach the mission = cheap way of adding longer gameplay.

Shattered dimensions had faults yes. But it was a step in the right direction, We had extra costumes , a cool story that flowed well and no boring crap like getting a kid his balloon.

In my honest opinion. The best spider-man game was Spider-man on PSone. Shattered Dimensions was a step closer to that. But loose the gimmicky "multiple universes" and just make a good spider-man story with great gameplay and fun.

That's right fun. like "What if mode" from the PSone game. It didn't change much but was hilarious with stuff like a fish in Mysterio's Bowl, or adding Disco lights to Doc Ock. it was fun. That has gone from it but again SD came closer by having Spider-ham pop up.

Was SD a good game? No. But it was better than the Freeroaming ones.

All the free roaming needs is better story replay, I'd love to be able to fight a boss or play a level without having to play through a long game. Everything else that would need fixing is a given, but that's the main problem I see popping up every time I play one of them.

And yes What if mode was freaking awesome and we need it back

Latest posts

Back