Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (spoilers)

getting this tomorrow.

I kind of wish with the characters that were in it they had a vs mode or an online co-op as that would be cool. But game still looks cool

got this today it kicks ***, Not made a single red choice yet (and wont till next time) I got up to the wolverine fight and when he asks you question I knew the answers but I chose the "Shut up and fight" "I said fight" type replies, weird thing is he still says "Somehow you able to control it"

So far my cons are :

- I wish you could walk with cars. E.g On the mission where you have to destroy the two mechs one of them was on a road with no god damn cars on it! I had to wait by witch time the building was almost destroyed.

- Combat system has got repetitive pretty fast.

- No green goblin on console version? WTF! As fighting the guys on gliders they make a lot of goblin comments only for him not to be in it? Yeah that makes sense

- Glitchy , Apparently mine is NOT the only ps3 version that has froze or sudden;

- The choices = Black Side or Red side. They should tell us what they are. Star wars KOTOR got this right on Xbox so you could make your decisions based on the choices not based on costume.

My pros

- The story seems pretty cool

- The idea of choice (just not how it is pulled off *see above*)

- been able to fight up buildings and in air is cool

- Seeing the peoples reaction to you

- How the suits change it seems more symboite like and fluid than Spider-man 3's switching

- The cut scenes look nice

All in all a little disappointed but still a fun game.

-

So I just beat the game.

It was quite fun, though there were a few things that bothered me. I went the full good guy route, because I'm a *****.

I liked the revelation that Eddie Brock was forced to go along with the symbiote's plan. I find the most interesting aspect of Venom's character to be the fact that they are two different people. I also found the explanation for how the symbiote started reproducing (that it needs to move to two seperate hosts) to make sense, especially given that Venom didn't create the Carnage symbiote until he met with Eddie.

Like Houde said, the questions during the Wolverine fight (I expect "What is Critical Mass" to become an Internet meme at some point) were a bad idea. It's one thing to reach out to the fanboy demographic, it's another thing entirely to force people to know this stuff so they can continue. Have it be an optional thing, like with the trivia minigames in X-Men Legends. This wouldn't have been nearly as bad a problem if your answers didn't change your alignment.

I wish they had added some voice work for the anonymous people of new york. NYC felt rather lifeless without them talking like in previous SM games. I remember this one commercial for Majora's Mask with people acting like the world truly was going to end. Imagine if, while swinging through NYC, you'd hear people on Spider-Man's handsfree radio thing calling for help and saying goodbye to their relatives. It'd add a whole new level of immersion to the game, especially because you're playing in what is essentially a disaster zone.

But it was fun, and that's what matters in the end.

Last edited:
I hadn't had the time to finish this game yet. I think I'm about to fight the Sym-Vulture. How far do you think I have left to go?

In fairness, the main reason I finished the game so early is because I had Friday off.

Also, the Sym-Vulture fight is the second to last boss fight.

I just picked Black Cat over MJ and Spidey gave her a sexy symbiote suit.

I just started this, I`ve basically just done the training segment (gang wars - luke cage fighting training)

from what I`ve played it`s been pretty repetitive, but still fun.

I don`t think Luke was the appropriate person to teach spidey to fight though, should have been Daredevil, Iron Fist, or Shang-Chi. come on a walking tank teaching the human equivalent of a super-ball to fight doesn`t quite jive with me.

also the voice acting is terrible

I just started this, I`ve basically just done the training segment (gang wars - luke cage fighting training)

I don`t think Luke was the appropriate person to teach spidey to fight though, should have been Daredevil, Iron Fist, or Shang-Chi. come on a walking tank teaching the human equivalent of a super-ball to fight doesn`t quite jive with me.

I agree should have been Daredevil

Where is Daredevil anyway? I mean Hell's kitchen is in the game you'd think he'd care that the city was being taken over.

Re: Spider-Man: Web of Shadows(spoilers)

The PS2 version isn't good.It's a side scroller.

the PS3/360/Wii/PC are good though.

no way! seriously? I don't think I've played a Spider-Man Side scroller game since Maximum Carnage for SNES, even Spider-Man for PS1 was 3-D
(what a great game, by the way, i almost broke my controller trying to get away from Monster Ock b/c i was so stressed out!)

So from your reviews, I don't think I will be purchasing this game.

give it a rent

*edit* you know what don't, this is one glitched out ****ing game, everytime I'm stopping a collection of thugs for random crime's one of them glitches and becomes Invisible, Immobile, and occasionally Indestructible so I can't finish the little mission thing

Maybe they'll patch it

Last edited:
I was in for a nice treat today. I got to ride Rhino :lol::lol: I had no idea you did that. It was fun. Rhino > Yoshi

I was in for a nice treat today. I got to ride Rhino :lol::lol: I had no idea you did that. It was fun. Rhino > Yoshi

Are we talking Nintendo Yoshi or McNinja Yoshi?

Also, I had trouble with the Rhino sequence, but that's only because action commands are a pain on the Wii.

Latest posts

Back