Star Wars Canon Expanded Universe - Timeline - Reading Order

sorry if you get annoyed by me asking alot
We all update these when we can. Have patience.

Here's a tip: It helps to be specific.
I could say, "Hey, I just finished Shadow Fall, and I'm trying to figure out when to read the next one, Victory's Price. Any ideas?" That way, I'm making conversation, not demands. I'm implicitly valuing Treacleman's time and effort. Someone else might have a suggestion too.

(This is not an actual request, BTW. I just looked up what's been published recently, to use as an example.)

I could say, "Hey, I just finished Shadow Fall, and I'm trying to figure out when to read the next one, Victory's Price. Any ideas?" That way, I'm making conversation, not demands. I'm implicitly valuing Treacleman's time and effort. Someone else might have a suggestion too.

(This is not an actual request, BTW. I just looked up what's been published recently, to use as an example.)
ok thanks im sorry

also i have no idea about anything star wars i just want to start it

also how do you find were things take place incase i want to make a chronilogcal watch order sorry about spelling

also how do you find were things take place incase i want to make a chronilogcal watch order sorry about spelling
I'm very busy at the moment but will update when I have time. This is a chronological watch order for the vast majority of Star Wars material, it's just the last few months' of stuff that are missing. I usually use Wookieepedia's Timeline of Canon Media as a starting point and then move the stories around myself to put them in the best reading order with no spoilers :)

I'm very busy at the moment but will update when I have time. This is a chronological watch order for the vast majority of Star Wars material, it's just the last few months' of stuff that are missing. I usually use Wookieepedia's Timeline of Canon Media as a starting point and then move the stories around myself to put them in the best reading order with no spoilers :)
ok thanks sorry im only 13 i dont know how busy older people get

Updated with all the latest material up to and including Episode One of the new Bad Batch series.
Annoyingly, the new show conflicts with the flashbacks in the Kanan: The Last Padawan comic in a way that can't really be reconciled. Given how much effort the rest of the new EU has gone to for the sake of maintaining consistency, it's a shame to break that for something that wasn't really necessary to the plot. It was a cool couple of scenes, though, and nice to have Freddie back.

Sorry for the late response @Treacleman!

Also spoiler tagging this, since Catalyst spoilers.

At the end of Catalyst, Tarkin is assigned to Sentinel Base, which is where he is at the beginning of Tarkin, therefore it must take place immediately, or shortly, before Tarkin.

Also, I just finished reading Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #19, and it goes directly into #20, with Vader being in the very same room with the same people, meaning Fallen Order can't happen between them. I'd place 19 through 25 before Dark Temple.
Four months late, I've also included these suggestions - thanks! :D

So does "Aftermath" take place over the course of a few days/weeks? I wonder if it takes place both during and after all of Episode III.

So does "Aftermath" take place over the course of a few days/weeks? I wonder if it takes place both during and after all of Episode III.
It starts towards the end of Episode III and carries on afterwards. It's not super clear how much time passes, but it feels like a few days. Strictly chronologically speaking I should probably place it a bit earlier in the viewing order, but it just feels wrong to imply people should watch it before the end of Clone Wars.

Eh, I think since the final arc of TCW time jumps to years later, it just makes more sense to save it for after the entirety of The Bad Batch. I get it's a personal preference, but I'm a chronology nut.

Updated with all the latest material up to and including Episode One of the new Bad Batch series.
Annoyingly, the new show conflicts with the flashbacks in the Kanan: The Last Padawan comic in a way that can't really be reconciled. Given how much effort the rest of the new EU has gone to for the sake of maintaining consistency, it's a shame to break that for something that wasn't really necessary to the plot. It was a cool couple of scenes, though, and nice to have Freddie back.

Just finished watching the episode. I don't think it's that much of a retcon. I just read the following on another site:

"Fans determined to smooth out any wrinkles in canon can probably even fit the Bad Batch into an imagined "deleted scene" from Marvel's Kanan #2, between pages 10 and 11."

I grabbed my copy of Kanan #2 and it kinda works. Enough that with a bit of suspended disbelief it doesn't throw out things completely. Not like some other plot holes I've seen in stuff!

Updated with all the latest stuff. Regarding the Bad Batch, given the whole narrative arc of the creation of the Stormtroopers, I've changed my mind on its placement and placed it before Victory and Death. I still don't *like* it, but from a chronological point of view it makes sense that when we're watching Bad Batch, we shouldn't yet have seen our first proper Stormtrooper - and so in this timeline, they make their debut at the end of Victory and Death (the earliest possible place I can put it before we see them in Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #13).

I actually haven't seen anything Star Wars (yet) beyond the movies, the 2003 Clone Wars and all of the old Droids and Ewoks stuff. Just curious why you have Galaxy's Edge theme park on the timeline, and if you have Secrets of the Empire, why not the various incarnations of Star Tours? Also, I didn't see any mention as to why you have Galaxy of Adventures 51, 52 and 53 on the list, but none of the others?

I actually haven't seen anything Star Wars (yet) beyond the movies, the 2003 Clone Wars and all of the old Droids and Ewoks stuff. Just curious why you have Galaxy's Edge theme park on the timeline, and if you have Secrets of the Empire, why not the various incarnations of Star Tours? Also, I didn't see any mention as to why you have Galaxy of Adventures 51, 52 and 53 on the list, but none of the others?
This is a timeline of the new Disney canon, which considers anything released post-April 2014 to be canonical (plus the movies and the Clone Wars tv show):) Galaxy's Edge is newer than that and therefore canon, Star Tours is older and therefore not.

Regarding Galaxy of Adventures, the vast majority of them are simply animated versions of existing scenes from the movies and shows. This timeline does not include 'repeats' of stories in different formats such as novelisations, and so I have only included the episodes with original material.

This is a timeline of the new Disney canon, which considers anything released post-April 2014 to be canonical (plus the movies and the Clone Wars tv show):) Galaxy's Edge is newer than that and therefore canon, Star Tours is older and therefore not.

Regarding Galaxy of Adventures, the vast majority of them are simply animated versions of existing scenes from the movies and shows. This timeline does not include 'repeats' of stories in different formats such as novelisations, and so I have only included the episodes with original material.
Sure, but still, how is the actual park part of the timeline? Is my Star Wars Tshirt also part of the timeline?

Sure, but still, how is the actual park part of the timeline? Is my Star Wars Tshirt also part of the timeline?
Oh come on mate, there's no need to be like that. The park features multiple canonical stories in the form of its rides and shows, and is set at a specific point in time between episodes 8 and 9 :)

Latest posts

Back