Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith [SPOILERS]

ultimatedjf said:
It was all great EXCEPT for the TERRIBLE script (in some points) and acting (by some actors), but otherwise this movie was kickass and I'd see it 2 or 3 more times. :D
I agree. Some of the acting was bad and some of the dialogue was weak (some even too cliche: talking between Ani and Padme). But I was still amazing and I will go see it again tomorrow if I'm able to.

When Vader steps out from the operating table and breaks the restraints, he makes this funny clomping-two-step with a bent over back thing that makes me think he's the robot from the Beastie Boys video, "Intergalactic"

Intergalactic! Planetary! Intergalactic! Planetary!

I wish Lucas would have had someone co-write with him. Sometimes he needs to step back a little. The romantic scenes with Padme and Ani were not very convincing. True at their last conversation was good. It still fell short. Also, wayyyy too much CGI. I'll stop criticizing now.

Things I liked:
-Yoda.
-Obi Wan
-ending shots with Leia and Luke

Boy, for a spoiler forum, you guys don't spoil much.

Here's one-Mace Windu is killed by Palpatine while trying to arrest him, after the fight he is unable to be "nice looking" Palpy and is always the craggy old emperor.

Palpy sure screwed poor Darth over....I mean wow....what a bastard.

Great movie, worth seeing again!

I'm looking to pick a fight with fanboys here.

George Lucas can suck ****.

This movie made me so mad. Scenes were cool. But it was like watching paint dry. There was no substance to the movie. Just Anakin turns I would've liked to see some easter eggs that meant something to me. Chewbacca? Big deal. He doesn't even meet Yoda in the OT.

I am so sick of watching movies with ignorant characters that are so stupid they can't tell the difference between right and wrong. I know Anakin turned to save Padme but please how stupid are you to actually believe Palpatine? I mean he already knew not to trust him and then he just gives in. It was weak. The whole Palpatine is scarred after the fight with Mace was lame. It's already a fact that embraceing the dark side deteriorates your physical being. That's why in SotE it's told that Darth meditates useing the force to heal his scars.

Lucas on continuity:
Ok, I can deal with it in comic books. When you make a prequel trilogy to the greatest trilogy of all movie history. Get your facts straight. Jesus Christ you're not even working with someone else work. You're working with a mythology you created? What the hell is wrong with this guy? Obi-Wan is there at child birth but in the OT Yoda tells him "There is another". Leia speaks of her mother but Padme dies. I don't care if you're gonna tell me that it was probably Organa's wife, that's not the point. When Leia speaks of her mother to Luke, the scene is supposed to be meaningful and now that we know she wasn't talking about Padme well we can just toss that right out the window. I'm a fan not a star wars geek I'm sure other people can pull more **** out of their ***' with this.

General Grievous. I'm not 10 years old anymore. I'm sorry I don't find a character like this one bit entertaining. OOoooOOOoo look he's got four arms and wields four lightsabers. He was somehow cooler in the Clone Wars cartoons. But seriously ... so lame. If somehow Boba Fett was older the part would've been cooler if he was in it. Imagine if he was responsible knowing out a good percentage of Jedi. In fact he's not the only one. They should've hired bounty hunters so Fett and Aurra Sing could have a decent rep in the galaxy.

Padme/Anakin just made me yawn. That was probably the worst part of it all. Anakin turns because of love but their relationship wasn't convincing enough. I know Natalie Portman is a good actress but Hayden is awful and he completely kills any scene that he speaks in. "She lost her will to live" ? Give me a break.

Ships. Why is it every ship in these prequels was cooler looking than the ones in the OT? At least make us believe there was some kind of defect with them that they needed to be remodeled.

God damnit show me Degaboh. And why the hell did Yoda "fail" he just walked away from the fight and says he needs to go into exile.

All in all it wasn't the worst movie. It was better than the last two. But I seriously wish Lucas put more effort in finalizing these movies.

Things I liked:
The Jedi dying
Anakin's physical appearance as he's turning
Every saber duel (Except OB1 and Grievous)
Yoda
Mace
Jar-Jar small appearance with no lines (how belittling :twisted: )
The "youngling" (Stupid word) that comes out when Organa is there.

Maybe more stuff but it doesn't make me feel any better about the movie. All right, I've got the gloves on start swinging at me.

I wanted to see Darth Vader kill him some Jedi. I don't mean Anainkin "Mullet" Skywalker, I wanted to see Darth, Armored to the hilt, Red lightsaber wielding, Koo-ha breathing, god damned mother ****in Vader kill him some jedi *****es!

WE're never going to get that now. :cry:

Other than that the movie was good. Not great, but certainly better than the last 2.

Baxter said:
I wanted to see Darth Vader kill him some Jedi. I don't mean Anainkin "Mullet" Skywalker, I wanted to see Darth, Armored to the hilt, Red lightsaber wielding, Koo-ha breathing, god damned mother ****in Vader kill him some jedi *****es!

WE're never going to get that now. :cry:

Other than that the movie was good. Not great, but certainly better than the last 2.
There is a live action tv show that is in the wraps as well as a cartoon. Supposed to take place in between III and IV.

Obi Wan sported the mullet long before Anakin. He had to pay his dues.

He is not stupid! C'mon, the jedi consil puts pressure on one side and Palpatine puts more pressure on the other, and in the middle is a confused anakin with visions of his love dying! He know that when we goes to the dark force his life is over, but he though that only this way Padmé would survive, he is not stupid, he is doing the right thing, in his point of view...

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
He is not stupid! C'mon, the jedi consil puts pressure on one side and Palpatine puts more pressure on the other, and in the middle is a confused anakin with visions of his love dying! He know that when we goes to the dark force his life is over, but he though that only this way Padmé would survive, he is not stupid, he is doing the right thing, in his point of view...
I agree. Palpatine's manipulation of the boy was genius. Especially telling him that she died there on the volcano moon (don't remember what the place was called).

Is Anakin still the chosen one? I mean he does kill his master. Or is it Luke?

Irish_4204 said:
I always thought Anakin was the chosen one, because of him having Luke, who we know did the big number in ROTJ.

Irish_4204 said:
I agree. Palpatine's manipulation of the boy was genius. Especially telling him that she died there on the volcano moon (don't remember what the place was called).

If you think about it, he puts some balance in the force... there was 2 siths and a whole bunch of Jedis, in the end of episode III there is Darth Sidious and Darth Vader on dark side and Youda and Obi Wan in the light side, thats pretty much balanced to me...

icemastertron said:
I always thought Anakin was the chosen one, because of him having Luke, who we know did the big number in ROTJ.
Ice, is right. That is exactly why Anakin is the chosen one. His last action of tossing Palpatine into the pit and restoring balance is why he's the chosen one.

As for Anakin being stupid. It's a good thing that Anakin asked a Jedi about the power of saving a life. Instead he keeps it to himself after Palpatine tells him. I'm sorry I don't buy it. I was totally unconvinced of Anakin's turning and therefore totally unconvinced of the prequels.

Caduceus said:
How precisely is having no bad guys left "balanced"? I've never understood that.

There will always be evil men in the world. But when there is a powerful man or men that are evil and oppressive then there is an extreme unbalance of things. When the good guys have power they do not tilt the balance one way they lay it out evenly. When evil prevails it tilts in favor of the few and undeserving.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Ice, is right. That is exactly why Anakin is the chosen one. His last action of tossing Palpatine into the pit and restoring balance is why he's the chosen one.

As for Anakin being stupid. It's a good thing that Anakin asked a Jedi about the power of saving a life. Instead he keeps it to himself after Palpatine tells him. I'm sorry I don't buy it. I was totally unconvinced of Anakin's turning and therefore totally unconvinced of the prequels.

He doesnt trust the consil anymore, Why he would tell a secret to them?

Latest posts

Back