Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith [SPOILERS]

slimjim said:
I guess it could be the force, but it would of been better if palpatine told Vader that padame had two children.

Well maybe Vader didnt know about the girl. He only knew about Luke.. as for the names? Well I guess Anakin and Padme could have talked about it, but I still dont know how Anakin knew what Luke could have been like when he was older. The whole Star Wars thing is confusing on it's self.

Hillbilly on a stick, that was Amazing.

I know some people are annoyed, but they can moan and groan to themselves. This was a Star Wars movie, and it had some of the most moving scenes in the whole collection of the six.

SPOILERS>>>>>>
Hayden Christianson played the perfect confused, lovesick, powerhungry twenty-something, and his reactions were completely understandable. He's been told since he was about ten years old that he was going to be the most powerful Jedi ever to exist, and he is CONSTANTLY put down by the Jedi council simply because this old guy is nice to him. Then the old guy actually turns out to be the bad guy he was expected to be, and he tells Anakin, and also tells Anakin that this could be the way to save Padme. Anakin's immediate reaction.... Tell Mace Windu, bring the man to Justice. But he's unsure, and he doesnt trust Windu, because Windu has never trusted him, so he makes sure that Palpatine is being handled in a legal way. Then finds him towering over a helpless Palpatine about to kill him without Trial... I mean. Yeah. At this point everything Palpatine has told Anakin has been true, and the Jedi have lied to him, and using the confusion to his advantage, Palpatine convinces Anakin that the Jedi are determined to take over the Republic and must die. Anakin becomes Vader and under the influence of Palpatine slaughters the younglings... Then goes to kill the Separatists and end the War. Palpatine becomes the Emperor, and History is History.

So... Yeah

I was very impressed.

And with the ship questions, there are two answers. One, the Imperial Navy needed to mass-produce ships for their own use, and those ships are Significantly less elegant than the earlier Clone War models. By the time of the OT, the only remnants of the color and elegance of Old Republic ships are in the hands of the Rebellion, which still uses the color-based rank system (Red leader/Yellow leader, etc.) used in the Clone Wars. Over the course of the prequel trilogy you can see elegance go in favor of practicality, and the Episode III ships are a half-way point between those seen in Episode I and those in Episodes IV-VI. The Empire NEEDS an army that can span the entire galaxy AND the outer rim, which was never necessary before because the Jedi were the Galaxy Police, they do away with color and niceties so they can make more ships faster. Everything's moving towards a more Industrial feel. I think that makes perfect sense.

Second Reason - Grey on Black and White is simplistic, and layers of fighting would simply blend into each other. In addition, The only other spaceships seen on screen before weren't elegantly designed things, they were simple. OT Technology was the most advanced stuff back then, but that doesnt mean that in a more peaceful time there wasnt anything more elaborate. I mean, in the civil war America was still using elegant rifles, but by the turn of the century, Germany had devoloped industrialized airplanes and machine guns. They were less elaborate, but more effective. thats was happened then.

slimjim said:
I have a quick question. I haven't seen IV, V, VI in a while but was it explaned how Vader knows his children's names. I mean palpatine tells him padame died. So how does he know who his children are. Was he secretly spying on them?

He didn't. He only knew about Luke when he showed up, because his name was Luke Skywalker and was from Tatooine, and his return coincided with the return of Obi-Wan Kenobi. He never knew there were twins until RotJ, remember, he has that realization "You have a Sister!".

Leia was concealed perfectly as the daughter of Bail Organa. Once she became the Senator from Alderaan (I think she did), she would have been noticed if her name was Leia Skywalker, because Vader would still remember his old name.

Thats also why it doesn't make sense for people to argue that Padme Amidala would become the queen of alderaan, or even just hide away on Alderaan. Leia -thought- she was the daughter of Bail Organa, and their family is -too- high ranking for Padme to simply pose as someone else. Vader would recognize her if he ever came to Alderaan. Either Leia KNEW all the time that she wasn't actually Leia Organa and just never brought it up, or Leia Didn't know and talked about her adoptive mother. One scene loses a bit of its power, but Luke doesnt know any of the details, he's just curious to see if she knew their mother... Yeah. I can let that fly. I even let the Yoda-trained-Obi-wan bit slide because thats already been handled by the Expanded Universe. Yoda trains the Younglings, and Obi-wan was a youngling before he was a padawan to Qui-Gon.

Doot. Its a movie, if you look for plot holes they're there, and if you look for stuff to fill in the pot holes, thats there too. Its all in the point of view.

And in response to MwoF... Grevious pissed me off too, he was stupid and not even a little bit threatening. I'd have preferred if he couldnt talk, rather than sound like a crappy robo-dracula. the First third of the the movie disapointed me(the bits with all the Droid Army, and Grevious), the second two-thirds exceeded my expectations by a lot.

No! Grievous is supposed to be cool. Well at least he was in Clone Wars.

And half of that 15 he kills with his foot.

His foot.

More things I loved about the movie
(In no paticular order)
1. every thing yoda does.
2.anakin killing the younglings That really just showed how evil he is
3.Order 66
4.Darth sidious killing 3 jedi in .2563145 seconds
5.The hole sceen where sidious finds anakin on the volcano and brings him to the med lab.
6. count dooku's death
7. Every thing in the last 45 minutes :D

In exactly 3 hours I will be at the theatre waiting for Star Wars to start! Whoohoo!

I just seen it and holy crap. That is the saddest movie I've ever seen. I was hoping Anakin would kill the Senator but I already knew how it was going to play out. It was horrible. I liked Grevious. I agree he was better in Clone Wars. This is my favorite Star Wars movie. Did anybody else think Palpantine looked goofy when he was fighting.

Here's a fanboy wish that will never come true.
Darth Maul vs. General Grevious

I agree that Greivous was cool in the Cartoon series, but he was just... stupid in the movie

Wow.

Just saw this tonight. This was one of the best movies I've ever seen. I am amazed how perfectly everything came together and lead into the OT. EVERYthing was addressed - no loose ends were left.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Chewbacca? Big deal. He doesn't even meet Yoda in the OT.

So? What's your point?

TheManWithoutFear said:
I am so sick of watching movies with ignorant characters that are so stupid they can't tell the difference between right and wrong. I know Anakin turned to save Padme but please how stupid are you to actually believe Palpatine?

Believe what? I thought it was very clear that Anakin joining Palpatine was done with extreme reluctantance and almost no trust. It's not like he decides to be evil and *poof*, becomes evil. The only reason he becomes his apprentice is to get the secret for cheating death. And then he ends up killing her! Holy ****, that is freaking cool.

That scene with the younglings...ugh. That was gut wrenching, stomach turning good. It showed how far he had fallen so perfectly, and without showing a single death.

I am just beyond impressed with this movie, and I think my friend and I will be going again next weekend to see it, if not sooner.

Dear Mr. E,

You've got to be kidding me...

This movie will be forgotten about by mid July. "Best movie you've seen all year" ? I didn't say it didn't tie in with the OT but it could've been done better. It was half assed... period... George Lucas has made joke out of science fiction...

TheManWithoutFear said:
Dear Mr. E,

This movie will be forgotten about by mid July. "Best movie you've seen all year" ? I didn't say it didn't tie in with the OT but it could've been done better. It was half assed... period... George Lucas has made joke out of science fiction...
blasphemy :noway:

The movie served as the bridge between the new and the old Star Wars film, but it fell short of what I had heard it was. There was too much special effects and the story was lacking... The reason why Anakin turned to the dark side was silly, especially since he didn't think like that in the latter trilogy. There were character gaps that I would've liked to see filled.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Dear Mr. E,

I agree with MWOF.

I don't think the movie will be "forgotten", though. Star Wars is too embedded into the pop cultural consciousness to ever be eradicated from the American vernacular, but at the same time, there're going to be so many movies that will blow this film out of the water. Why? Because it's just that mediocre.

I felt that moving from plot point to plot point just for the sake of filling in all the spots between prequels to Old Trilogy was just so routine and by the numbers it was stupid. It was like watching the Harry Potter adaptations: Lumbering from plot point to plot point with absolutely no sense of cinematic lyricism or heart just to say "we got all the story done".

ourchair said:
I felt that moving from plot point to plot point just for the sake of filling in all the spots between prequels to Old Trilogy was just so routine and by the numbers it was stupid. It was like watching the Harry Potter adaptations: Lumbering from plot point to plot point with absolutely no sense of cinematic lyricism or heart just to say "we got all the story done".

Ourchair, you are my voice. That is exactly what I've been looking to say. Good thoughts as always.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Dear Mr. E,

What am I kidding about? I loved every second of it. Don't agree? Congrats.

Do you think I care if anyone else remembers it come July?

So far Episode III stands at a total of $158 million domestically and $303 million worldwide!! :D By the end of its run, it should definitely be in the top ten moneymaking, if not the top five (domestically)!

Well, in terms of "cinematic lyricism", don't you think the entire thing was of that calibur? I mean, here we have one of the most technological movies produced and it utilizes that even in the smallest of ways that there are some interesting things to look at even in a love scene. Please understand that what movies are today came from Star Wars and, perhaps you call it mediocre because it's not doing anything new (And I agree with you), but it's doing what it started... Yes, nothing more, but it's quality stuff as opposed to what I see in the future (Fantastic Four, Batman, etc.).

TheManWithoutFear said:
Dear Mr. E,

I do not understand why some people dont like this movie, it's great. Sure there are some mistakes but true fans love all star war films including the prequels. How can you say lucas made a joke out of science fiction. Thats beef on my block :x

Latest posts

Back