Star Wars General Discussion (dedicated to Houde)

[video=youtube;FaOSCASqLsE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaOSCASqLsE&html5=1[/video]

:lol:

This is the most original theory about Rey's identity I've read yet. Not sure if I buy into it, but there is a certain logic to it, I suppose.

I'm always interested to read theories like that, but that one is definitely out there. A little too much so. Especially since one of the arguments for is that she looks like Shmi (?!).

I do really like the idea that the Chosen One is something much more fluid than we are led to believe.

I'm always interested to read theories like that, but that one is definitely out there. A little too much so. Especially since one of the arguments for is that she looks like Shmi (?!).

I do really like the idea that the Chosen One is something much more fluid than we are led to believe.

I always wondered if there was more to this scene. Something we have to remember is anything we used to think about Star Wars, like me assuming that Yoda was talking about Leia, is no longer the case and that the story is constantly changing.

[video=youtube;V1nCDwnAa-s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1nCDwnAa-s[/video]

Really liking the Obi-Wan & Anakin comic mini-series. That era is completely untapped in the new canon, and even the old EU largely glossed over Anakin's early years as a Padawan training under Obi-Wan, so its a nice to see that being expanded some in the new canon. I also liked how they addressed Palpatine trying to get his hooks in Anakin from very early on, continuing a plot thread introduced in TPM and continued in the other prequels.

I do find the forced cooperation between the two warring groups on the planet a bit shallow and cliched, but I can forgive that, as a lot of other stuff seems to be getting set up or addressed. Should be a fun mini.

I do find the forced cooperation between the two warring groups on the planet a bit shallow and cliched

Maybe a little, but it's not really boring or predictable.

I just finished the audiobook of Darth Plageius. It was really good. It did a lot to set up Episode 1 (and 2, to a lesser extent) and had a lot of information that would have really benefited the prequels had it been in the movie.

Shame it's not canon anymore.

I thought this was great until I saw it's Mark Brooks drawing it.

Also I wish these minis had subtitles to help differentiate them from other things or to help describe what they are about.

Again, Mark Brooks

Darth-Vader-11-600x900.jpg

And you're sure your thinking about the actual Mark Brooks this time? Last time you confused him with another artist.

Brooks did the Ultimate Spider-Man (?) Annual where Peter and Kitty get together?

Brooks did the Ultimate Spider-Man (?) Annual where Peter and Kitty get together?

Yes, but as it can be clear with the images, his art has improved since then (better coloring too):

2005:
11.jpg

vs

2016:
12805818_10154351836545715_8140894998524477174_n.jpg

Last edited:
Fair enough. It is definitely better, and there's no doubt the better coloring helps.

But that USM book was terrible. He's lucky he got work after that.

Latest posts

Back