Star Wars General Discussion (dedicated to Houde)

Disney Execs Panicking Over Rogue One

Fudge. I was hoping this was going to be a dark and complex war film, but from this article they want it to be more like The Force Awakens.

Rogue One Prequel Comic Cancelled

I think it said they were going for the "quality" of The Force Awakens, whatever that means. I don't think it means plot; I think they've already said that this doesn't look and feel like a normal saga episode.

I was reading some fan reaction and the general consensus seemed to be that this is misleading; reshoots don't indicate something is wrong per se.

I'm not worried about it. They know what they are doing.

I think it said they were going for the "quality" of The Force Awakens, whatever that means. I don't think it means plot; I think they've already said that this doesn't look and feel like a normal saga episode.

I was reading some fan reaction and the general consensus seemed to be that this is misleading; reshoots don't indicate something is wrong per se.

I'm not worried about it. They know what they are doing.

I'm more concerned that it's DISNEY and not LUCASARTS that is demanding the reshoots.

Rogue One reshoots confirmed as ruining the movie

The goal of the reshoots will be to lighten the mood, bring some levity into the story and restore a sense of fun to the adventure.

Rogue One focuses on the fabled mission hinted at in Star Wars: Episode IV — A New Hope, that of a group of rebels stealing the plans to the Death Star. The plans later end up in the hands of Princess Leia, who transfers them to R2-D2.

"This is the closest thing to a prequel ever," a source tells THR. "This takes place just before A New Hope and leads up to the 10 minutes before that classic film begins. You have to match the tone!"

Also "closest thing to a prequel ever", ugh.

Lol you know what I meant

;)

But in all seriousness, even Lucasfilm wouldn't have overriding creative control over Disney. Disney owns the IP lock, stock, and barrel. They get final call really on all aspects.

But lets be honest, this is fans making noise for no reason. Most major blockbusters do reshoots/pickup shots and even add extra character moments/scenes when they feel its necessary. So my question is, why is this film being singled out?

It made sense to rag on Fantastic Four's reshoots since it was obvious that was a mess from pretty much the first bit of news about the approach they were taking.

But Rogue One's trailer was great! Granted that doesn't equate to a great film, but I have faith in Edwards, and don't understand this nonsensical "this is the end" stuff.

Sometimes, people post absolute BS and label it as "rumors from inside sources" merely for page traffic on their websites.

If there was other factors to back it up (like in the FF movie's case) I could understand, but there simply isn't. "The sky is falling"/worst case scenario expectations is just nonsense.

The Hollywood Reporter is pretty reputable. If they say Disney wants it more like the force awakens, I believe it

I liked TFA so I have no problem with that.

Because phuck director's vision right? Phuck having a dark and mature Star Wars movie right? Phuck having the franchise evolve right?

I liked TFA so I have no problem with that.

I don't either but I would have liked a different tone. The anthology films could be great for exploring different storytelling methods and doing different things.

But if they stuck with the tried and true formula....eh. I mean, it could be worse.

I don't either but I would have liked a different tone. The anthology films could be great for exploring different storytelling methods and doing different things.

But if they stuck with the tried and true formula....eh. I mean, it could be worse.

I'm not opposed to them trying a new approach, in fact I agree it's something they'll have to do as they expand the SW canon in new films.

My point is I think Rogue One will already have a noticeably different tone due to Edwards involvement, and while the execs may be forcing them to lighten it up some, I still think it'll evoke that different tone even with an added bit of levity or whatever it is they're attempting to add.

Like I said, I just don't see the point in taking a "the sky is falling" approach to the news.

Last edited:
I'm not opposed to them trying a new approach, in fact I agree it's something they'll have to do as they expand the SW canon in new films.

My point is I think Rogue One will already have a noticeably different tone due to Edwards involvement, and while the execs may be forcing them to lighten it up some, I still think it'll evoke that different tone even with an added bit of levity or whatever it is they're attempting to add.

Like I said, I just don't see the point in taking a "the sky is falling" approach to the news.

"Closest thing to a prequel ever" isn't a GIANT redflag for you?

You realize they're referring to it as a prequel specifically to Episode IV when they say that, and not the Prequel Trilogy itself, right? You know, since Rogue One leads directly into A New Hope?

Also, didn't you like the prequels?

Episodes 1 through 3 were prequels to episode 4. Read what you're Writing , you're making no sense. I like episode 3, but I'm still not going to pretend like the first two didn't happen. Fact of the matter is a Star Wars prequel hating is marketable and that's all they're doing, acting like they never happened.

I guess for me it would depend on what they mean. The prequels (Episodes 1-3) were absolutely incredible visually. The tone was fine and I thought over all they fit with the OT.

Most of the problems the prequels had were in the dialogue. A lot of it was horrendous.

Episodes 1 through 3 were prequels to episode 4. Read what you're Writing , you're making no sense. I like episode 3, but I'm still not going to pretend like the first two didn't happen. Fact of the matter is a Star Wars prequel hating is marketable and that's all they're doing, acting like they never happened.

Read what I wrote again. I meant prequel in terms of it being a direct lead in to Episode IV, which was obvious from the post you quoted. Please stop retreading what we've already covered for no reason.

You realize they're referring to it as a prequel specifically to Episode IV when they say that, and not the Prequel Trilogy itself, right? You know, since Rogue One leads directly into A New Hope?

Seeing as how this film's plot literally sets up the events of A New Hope, I don't see how you're even confused over what I'm saying.

So, it'll have the similar setting/feel of the Original Trilogy, at least in terms of costumes/ships/etc, while still being its own thing.

Seriously, dude, can you just stop trying to instigate?

Last edited:
Read what I wrote again. I meant prequel in terms of it being a direct lead in to Episode IV, which was obvious from the post you quoted. Please stop retreading what we've already covered for no reason.

Seeing as how this film's plot literally sets up the events of A New Hope, I don't see how you're even confused over what I'm saying.

So, it'll have the similar setting/feel of the Original Trilogy, at least in terms of costumes/ships/etc, while still being its own thing.

Seriously, dude, can you just stop trying to instigate?

Keep the prequel salt coming, keeps me looking young. Also Rogue One has more original designs than TFA did. Gareth Edwards was going to save Star Wars and now it's going to be ruined forever. RUINED FOREVER!!!!! FFOOOOORRRREEEEEVVVVVEEERRRR!!!!!

Latest posts

Back