Star Wars - Timeline (New Canon)

Someone else said the same thing. I'm not against the idea, was only making a joke.

Ah, sorry. I told my friend who loves Buffy and her reaction was basically "man, she must desperate for money". Stuff like that ticks me off because, even if this wasn't a great cartoon, cartoons are just of a legitimate media as a film, comic, or TV series. Then I came on here and saw that so...yeah, my bad.

Ah, sorry. I told my friend who loves Buffy and her reaction was basically "man, she must desperate for money". Stuff like that ticks me off because, even if this wasn't a great cartoon, cartoons are just of a legitimate media as a film, comic, or TV series. Then I came on here and saw that so...yeah, my bad.

Well, I'm not saying she and Freddie are desperate for money, but it's a job, and a decent one at that, so... more of a case of it being a good gig... essentially a case of needing to be an idiot NOT to take it. ;)

Well, I'm not saying she and Freddie are desperate for money, but it's a job, and a decent one at that, so... more of a case of it being a good gig... essentially a case of needing to be an idiot NOT to take it. ;)

Plus they get to be a part of Star Wars. So many would kill for that chance.

Really can't say I cared for Leia. It wasn't bad, just lots of setup and I never really found Leia to be very compelling. I also am not sure how I feel about Evaan yet. The premise is interesting, just not sold yet. It did remind me though, I like how in Ezra's Gamble he meets a girl on her way to live with her grandma because her parents were killed by the Empire.

"Where does your grandmother live?"
"Alderaan"

It'll be interesting if that ties in at all.

Really can't say I cared for Leia. It wasn't bad, just lots of setup and I never really found Leia to be very compelling. I also am not sure how I feel about Evaan yet. The premise is interesting, just not sold yet.

I wasn't super jazzed by it either. It did basically just set up the plot of the mini, so I'll view it as a whole 4 months from now and see how it strikes me when I can read the full mini.

It did remind me though, I like how in Ezra's Gamble he meets a girl on her way to live with her grandma because her parents were killed by the Empire.

"Where does your grandmother live?"
"Alderaan"

It'll be interesting if that ties in at all.

Probably only so far as Ezra realizing she was vaporized (assuming he lives through ANH). ;)

Yikes. Though to be fair, I already have some of those on the timeline.

Lost Stars, Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo Adventure, The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure, and Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure are all listed. However some of that info is brand new so thanks for the heads up!

Lucasfilm (via EW) has announced a pretty massive endeavor this morning with the reveal that at least 20 "Star Wars" books, ranging from adult and teen-centric novels to storybooks and stickerbooks for young kids, will be published later this year in order to connect Return of the Jedi and this December's The Force Awakens.

Of those 20 books, I'd say maybe 6-10 will be original material, the rest will likely be adaptations of the film or parts of the film for young readers (sort of like how the first 4 episodes of Rebels had been adapted into something like 12 different adaptations for young readers). ;)

Greg Rucka doing a Han Solo story! I didn't even know I wanted that!

Cool. Updated the timeline to reflect those.

Rogue One was a rumor dating back almost as long as the announcement there would be spin off films. Wonder if that lends credibility to the Obi-Wan and Han Solo, er, solo films that were also rumored at the time.

If there is I want no Ford unless it's a quick scene and Ewan McGregor as main character.

Last edited:
If there is I want no Ford unless it's a quick scene and Ewan McGregor as main character.

Yeah I believe the rumor was it would be set before ANH, maybe 5-15 years before. They'd obviously recast with a younger actor, and if I had to guess I'd wager it would focus on Han leaving the Empire (I think he was a recruit who abandoned his post or something), saving Chewie (to explain the life debt), and perhaps obtaining the Falcon from Lando. Sort of a pre-ANH "greatest hits" for Han.

And yeah, I'd love to see McGregor return as Obi-Wan. I think he said he'd be up for it as long as the script was good. Obviously it would occur sometime in the 19 year span between RotS and ANH, and perhaps could take a sort of The Fugitive tone and approach, with Obi-Wan called out of exile (on Tatooine while he watches over Luke) and quickly noticed and pursued by Imperial agents and bounty hunters (maybe a good chance to use Boba Fett again, hopefully along with other well known bounty hunters in the SW universe). Could have a very tense and spy movie type feel, with Obi-Wan pressed from both the Imperials chasing him and needing to get somewhere or find someone in a short amount of time (say a few days). Would be fun and a great way of showing off just how capable Obi-Wan ended up before he grew older. Maybe set it around 10 years before ANH and age McGregor a bit to make him appear like a perfect blend of himself and creeping up on the Guinness advanced age look. They could even do a scene at the end that shows Obi-Wan (after returning to Tatooine) watching over young Luke, or jump forward in time and use a little facial aging CGI and make up like was done for Hayley Atwell in CA-TWS. To bridge his looks between RotS and ANH. Anyway, have him look exactly like Guinness (though they could keep his face hidden under his robe, since that's how he first stepped out in ANH), and come upon Luke like is shown in ANH. They could just add a few scenes of him walking with the robe up intercut with the original footage. Maybe even as an after credit scene. It ending with the original scene ending in ANH, acting as a firm link between the two.

Last edited:
I would be so down for that. Hopefully it can flesh him out more. What REALLY needs focus is the prequel era I feel. The Clone Wars retroactively made Revenge of the Sith
better and the other two definitely need it.

First look at Shattered Empire #1

SecretSWCvr-Noto1-ca165.jpg

Here are the summaries for the upcoming Journey to the Force Awakens novels:

Journey to Star Wars - The Force Awakens: Smuggler's Run - A Han Solo Adventure

Han Solo and Chewbacca the Wookiee team-up for an all-new adventure in this thrilling upper middle grade novel. Set between Star Wars: A New Hope and Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, the story follows everyone's favorite pair of smugglers as they fly the Millennium Falcon on a top-secret mission for the Rebellion. Hidden in the story are also hints and clues about the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, making this a must-read for fans old and new!

Journey to Star Wars - The Force Awakens: Lost Stars

This thrilling Young Adult novel gives readers a macro view of some of the most important events in the Star Wars universe, from the rise of the Rebellion to the fall of the Empire. Readers will experience these major moments through the eyes of two childhood friends-Ciena Ree and Thane Kyrell-who have grown up to become an Imperial officer and a Rebel pilot. Now on opposite sides of the war, will these two star-crossed lovers reunite, or will duty tear them-and the galaxy-apart?
Star Wars: Lost Stars also includes all-new post- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi content, as well as hints and clues about the upcoming film Star Wars: The Force Awakens, making this a must-read for all Star Wars fans.

Journey to Star Wars - The Force Awakens: Moving Target - A Princess Leia Adventure
Princess Leia returns for an all-new adventure in this thrilling upper middle grade novel. Set between Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: The Return of the Jedi, the story follows the warrior princess as she leads a ragtag group of rebels on a dangerous mission against the evil Galactic Empire. Hidden in the story are also hints and clues about the upcoming film Star Wars: The Force Awakens, making this a must-read for fans old and new!

Journey to Star Wars - The Force Awakens: The Weapon of a Jedi - A Luke Skywalker Adventure
Luke Skywalker returns for an all-new adventure in this thrilling upper middle grade novel. Set between Star Wars: A New Hope and Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, the story finds Luke Skywalker, C-3PO, and R2-D2 stranded on a mysterious planet, and explores Luke's first-ever duel with a lightsaber. Hidden in the story are also clues and hints about the upcoming film Star Wars: The Force Awakens, making this a must-read for fans old and new!

That helps narrow down the timelines for those books, at least.

Last edited:
Call me whatever names you want, but I'm looking forward to Lost Stars the most. That's just oozing drama and a starcrossed lovers story taking place through the whole original trilogy just sounds too perfect.

Star Wars #6 is Cassaday's final issue. Click number for the cover.

STAR WARS #6
JASON AARON (W) • JOHN CASSADAY (A/C)
ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHERTHE CONCLUSION OF "SKYWALKER STRIKES"!
• Luke vs. Boba Fett! Han Solo in hot water!
• This is "the comic book you're looking for!" – Comic Book Resources
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2015 Lucasfilm Ltd.

DARTH VADER #6 & 7
KIERON GILLEN (W) • SALVADOR LARROCA (a)
Cover by ADI GRANOV
• The Emperor's machinations revealed!
• Everything changes for Vader!
• The tale of Vader's transformation from A New Hope to The Empire Strikes Back continues!
32 PGS. (each)/Rated T …$3.99 (each)
Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2015 Lucasfilm Ltd.

KANAN - THE LAST PADAWAN #3
GREG WEISMAN (W) • PEPE LARRAZ (a)
Cover by MARK BROOKS
REBELS TELEVISION SHOW VARIANT COVER BY TBA• The Jedi Order is disbanded or dead!
• The Republic has fallen!
• Caleb Dume enters the dark times of the Galactic Empire!
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99 not final cover

PRINCESS LEIA #5 (of 5)
MARK WAID (W) • TERRY DODSON (A/C)
LAST STAND IN THE NAME OF ALDERAAN!
• The rebel Princess leads her people against the Empire!
• The conclusion to Leia's most personal mission!
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Last edited:
So, looks like Stuart Immonen will be the new artist on the main SW ongoing title.

The preview artwork for the cover alone has me eagerly anticipating this. Immonen's artwork is always a lot of fun, but it'll be interesting to see his approach to taking a more photo realistic approach to match the faces more to their film counterparts. Will also be interesting to see his C-3PO.

Latest posts

Back