Star Wars - Timeline (New Canon)

Shmi, what little we saw of her, didn't seem the type to be that small minded and selfish. Especially in regards to Qui-Gonn's questions about who his father was in respect to the Jedi powers.

I guess, I just figured the movie made more sense than it actually does when I was younger and that part stuck for some reason.

NOVEL: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season Seven!

Ventress_Vos_Novel_Banner.png

As much as I'm enjoying The Clone Wars I really hope Rebels is more serialized. Not completely, but having at least a couple of five-parters/half season stories would be nice. I did like how even though they were multiple parts they could all be watched separate though so they should keep that. Just longer arcs would be cool. Also should I start hunting down Star Wars Insider issues or will the short stories be collected at some point in time?

Yeah. I'm on the fence about whether to include them in the timeline though, since it's supplementary material much like the old West End Games Star Wars RPG material.

I'd say include them for now. They could be providing relevant background to Rebels.

Last edited:
As much as I'm enjoying The Clone Wars I really hope Rebels is more serialized. Not completely, but having at least a couple of five-parters/half season stories would be nice. I did like how even though they were multiple parts they could all be watched separate though so they should keep that. Just longer arcs would be cool.

I agree.

Also should I start hunting down Star Wars Insider issues or will the short stories be collected at some point in time?

I doubt they'll collect them. They didn't collect most of the old stuff before the reboot. Who knows, they may at some point, but I wouldn't expect it.

I'd say include them for now. They could be providing relevant background to Rebels.

Meh. I don't see the point.

I didn't know Paul Dini was a writer for The Clone Wars. I wonder if he'll come back for Rebels since he's also working on other Disney shows.

I doubt they'll collect them. They didn't collect most of the old stuff before the reboot. Who knows, they may at some point, but I wouldn't expect it.

I would have figured since everything is canon now they'd want more people buying it so a collection would help that. Then again making them exclusive does too I suppose.

Last edited:
I didn't know Paul Dini was a writer for The Clone Wars. I wonder if he'll come back for Rebels since he's also working on other Disney shows.

I didn't notice that either.

I would have figured since everything is canon now they'd want more people buying it so a collection would help that. Then again making them exclusive does too I suppose.

They may, but I think the publishing aspect (in terms of novels) is so extensive anyway with so many plans for future novels or novels in the works that it's probably not a priority. But then again, they may. They did a few short story collections in the old EU back in the 90's (stuff like Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina, etc), but I think those were all original short stories written exclusively for the anthology as opposed to collecting stories from other sources like SWI. Who knows, it may happen. But I'd say if you're going for the completionist approach, just pick up SWI #149-151 (the only ones with new stories in the new EU so far). If anything, should they re-release them in a future anthology, you could always just sell the SWI issues on EBay or something.

In the meantime you can always DL them online so you can at least read them.

This article really helped me gain faith in this new era of Star Wars. I had been nervously making my way through The Clone Wars worried about what came after. Now I'm really excited. Assuming it's true.

Star Wars: Commander NOT Canon

"I think what we at Lucas....we have a story team that we work very closely here with," Lucasfilm executive producer Matt Fillbrandt says. "And I think games offer a unique opportunity for storytelling that you don't necessarily get of other, linear storytelling devices like books or TV shows or movies; which is exciting in that we have the opportunity have player choice like we have with this game. Am I going to be on the Rebel side or the Empire? So we don't really look at it from a canonical standpoint because the player is effectively making up their story and their experience."

Last edited:
This article really helped me gain faith in this new era of Star Wars. I had been nervously making my way through The Clone Wars worried about what came after. Now I'm really excited. Assuming it's true.

Yeah, I read that earlier today. We'll see how it goes. I do think Disney have a long term plan in mind, taking a cue from Marvel Studios. And the fact the Inquisitor character will likely tie in with the similar-looking/named character from Episode VII, it does seem they're tying everything together, which I like.

Ah, ok, I'll remove that from the timeline. I'll also download and give it a try. That'll be two non-canon Star Wars games I'm playing (along with SW-TOR).

Also, the next SW-Rebels short will come out Monday.

Ok. Removed SW-Commander since it's confirmed as non-canon. Also added the SW-Rebels prequel shorts, and the title for the SW-Rebels TV movie/pilot (Spark of Rebellion), and air dates for it and the first episode. I'm assuming Spark of Rebellion acts much in the same way as the theatrical SW-The Clone Wars film did for The Clone Wars: extended pilot episode that introduces and kicks off the series, the only difference being one was theatrically released and universally panned by critics and fans alike, so in this case they're taking the cheaper and safer route and showing it as a TV movie in Rebels case.

This isn't canon but it needs to be.

[video=youtube;ZmBQxSHwlgA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmBQxSHwlgA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Made several additions to the timeline:

Broke up SW-A New Dawn by chapter. Most of the novel occurs in 11 BBY, but the Prologue occurs sometime before the events of Episode III.

Added Star Wars - Commander back onto the timeline, since it is in fact considered canon, at least according to Wookiepedia and members over on boards.theforce.net (easily the largest SW forum online and the members are VERY well informed regarding it and its various spin-offs).

Added the upcoming Marvel comic book series.

Added episode titles for the first several episodes of Rebels.

Added the HoloNet News reports that have been posted online.

Added title for second SW-Rebels: Servants of the Empire book.

I'll add the upcoming untitled Asajj Ventress novel once it gets an official title.

Added Star Wars - Commander back onto the timeline, since it is in fact considered canon, at least according to Wookiepedia and members over on boards.theforce.net (easily the largest SW forum online and the members are VERY well informed regarding it and its various spin-offs).

So you're choosing fans over the actual creators?

So you're choosing fans over the actual creators?

No, I'm choosing the fact the Lucasfilm Story Group explicitly said EVERYTHING from here on out is canon. And if you read the article you linked to which you claimed mentioned it as non-canon, the way I read it is that it's canon, but both stories (depending on if you choose Rebels or the Empire) can't both happen, since you play the same mercenary group through both stories.

Essentially, it's like Mass Effect, in that it's canon, but there are various choices you can make in ME which become your own personal canon in your playthrough. In this case, it's simply whether you choose Rebels or Empire.

So, it's canon, according to LSG, Wookiepedia, etc.

No, I'm choosing the fact the Lucasfilm Story Group explicitly said EVERYTHING from here on out is canon. And if you read the article you linked to which you claimed mentioned it as non-canon, the way I read it is that it's canon, but both stories (depending on if you choose Rebels or the Empire) can't both happen, since you play the same mercenary group through both stories.

Essentially, it's like Mass Effect, in that it's canon, but there are various choices you can make in ME which become your own personal canon in your playthrough. In this case, it's simply whether you choose Rebels or Empire.

So, it's canon, according to LSG, Wookiepedia, etc.

Yeah, but you're also forgetting that I really would rather not play it.

Latest posts

Back