Star Wars - Timeline (New Canon)

Von Sydow is 20 years older than Hamill so he could even be someone older than that.

I know, but an actor's actual age isn't a definitive indicator of the character's age, other than a pretty broad range.

Maybe he's Darth Maul with cybernetic legs :) How's that for fan-servicey?

Could be, but doubtful, since the reports surrounding the scenes shot with Sydow make no mention of black and red makeup and horns. Nerd news sites would've picked up on that immediately.

Maul will definitely be addressed further in some form in the universe, possibly further comics or novels, or even appearances on Rebels later on.

Rebels is just showing how the rebellion started right? For all we know the rebellion started because they're all martyrs. We obviously have no idea where they were during the films so could they all be set up just to die?

Rebels is just showing how the rebellion started right? For all we know the rebellion started because they're all martyrs. We obviously have no idea where they were during the films so could they all be set up just to die?

It's possible, but unlikely, especially since it's a show largely aimed at kids (and of course the hardcore Star Wars fans of all ages). Not saying it's impossible, and it's definitely a possibility at least one or two of the crew die by series' end, but I doubt they all do. If I had to guess, I'd think Kanan would likely die by series end.

That's further supported by the continued mentions that Rebels will tie into Ep 7 somehow. Most assume that means a character will carry over, though that's only an assumption.

I hoped Rebels would end with the crew of the Ghost obtaining the plans for the Death Star and passing them along to Leia, leading directly into A New Hope, but apparently Gareth Edwards SW spin off film will focus on a band of bounty hunters hired by the Rebels to obtain the plans, so that kind of kills that theory. I suppose it'd be possible to do a sort of crossover approach in the vein of the Agents of SHIELD/Cap-The Winter Soldier deal.

It's also entirely possible they join the Rebel Alliance by series end, though I find it weird Kanan and Ezra wouldn't have run into Luke after A New Hope. I'm sure they'll address that, either through character deaths or chosen exile (like Obi Wan and Yoda during the OT) to hide from the Empire.

So I just watched the Star Wars Holiday Special for the first time. Jesus, that was hard to get through. I'm not sure who decided taking a variety show approach to Star Wars was a good idea, but someone should cut their hand off with a lightsaber.

Man, it was bad. I'm amazed they were able to get the cast of the films to participate. So bad.

I removed the short comic stories from the Star Wars Comic Magazine (published in the UK), since apparently those aren't canon. I was originally unsure, since they continued to be published until December, 8 months after the reboot announcement last April. Wookiepedia doesn't have them listed as canon, and when asked the Story Group didn't give a straight answer about those specific comics, likely because they didn't want to claim they were canon (because they aren't), but also not to cause confusion with their statement that everything published after A New Dawn WAS canon (in those comics' case, they weren't).

So, they're gone.

However, the comic stories from the Star Wars - Rebels Magazine that began publishing in January ARE canon, so I'll continue to add those as they're released.

Good. Those were terrible. The Rebels one was okay. So far the line's quality is pretty good outside of the films themselves. I know there's not a lot now, but it's still nice to see.

Good. Those were terrible. The Rebels one was okay. So far the line's quality is pretty good outside of the films themselves. I know there's not a lot now, but it's still nice to see.

I did like the comic in the final issue of the Star Wars Comic magazine, about C-3PO and R2-D2 getting their memories wiped at the end of Episode III... that was literally the only worthwhile one in the bunch.

I did like the comic in the final issue of the Star Wars Comic magazine, about C-3PO and R2-D2 getting their memories wiped at the end of Episode III... that was literally the only worthwhile one in the bunch.

Is it because you sympathized with them?

Pablo Hidalgo (the chronology/timeline guy for the Star Wars Story Group) confirmed that Hera (the Twi'lek pilot of the Ghost on Rebels) is the daughter of Cham Syndulla, who appeared in The Clone Wars animated series, first in the "Liberty on Ryloth" episode in Season 1, and in the Season 3 episode "Supply Lines".

Cool little link between the shows.

Rebels Finale thoughts

HOLY CRAP AHSOKA IS BACK!!! And that Darth Vader cameo was awesome if it's implying that he will be the bad guy for season two. I also really loved the Stormtroopers. I hope the new movies continues the gag of the bad guy's armies being comic relief. Always loved the droids doing it and I feel like it fits the Stormtroopers well.

Rebels Finale thoughts

HOLY CRAP AHSOKA IS BACK!!! And that Darth Vader cameo was awesome if it's implying that he will be the bad guy for season two. I also really loved the Stormtroopers. I hope the new movies continues the gag of the bad guy's armies being comic relief. Always loved the droids doing it and I feel like it fits the Stormtroopers well.

Yup, the Ahsoka thing isn't a surprise, given her voice actress admitted to working on Rebels a few months back (and combined with the secret identity of Fulcrum, well)... there's a bunch of other little Easter Egg nods that indicated that would be the case, but I'm too lazy to type it all out. You can find theories about it (which are now confirmed) online.

As for Vader being the main villain of Season 2, I doubt it. We'll see.

As for the Stormtroopers, at least in the original trilogy there was an aspect of comedic ineptitude to them, from their inability to hit anything with their blaster rifles to their general lack of accomplishing anything.

Rebels is pretty damn awesome, though.

Yup, the Ahsoka thing isn't a surprise, given her voice actress admitted to working on Rebels a few months back (and combined with the secret identity of Fulcrum, well)... there's a bunch of other little Easter Egg nods that indicated that would be the case, but I'm too lazy to type it all out. You can find theories about it (which are now confirmed) online.

As for Vader being the main villain of Season 2, I doubt it. We'll see.

As for the Stormtroopers, at least in the original trilogy there was an aspect of comedic ineptitude to them, from their inability to hit anything with their blaster rifles to their general lack of accomplishing anything.

Rebels is pretty damn awesome, though.

Ah I didn't know anything about all that so it kind of came out left field for me. I'm gonna have to watch through again to find all the hints.

Uh sir, it's been established that the Stormtroopers knew exactly what they were doing

Last edited:
Ah I didn't know anything about all that so it kind of came out left field for me. I'm gonna have to watch through again to find all the hints.

Uh sir, it's been established that the Stormtroopers knew exactly what they were doing

While it was cool to see Vader appear again, I think his involvement with the show (at least until the last season, and even thats an assumption) will be limited to the occasional cameo. I have a feeling the next season will begin with Vader bringing a new Inquisitor in to find the Rebels (its been confirmed there are multiple Inquisitors) and who will act as the main antagonist for Season 2, and Vader'll likely be gone until the Season 2 finale.

And with the return of that one character (Fulcrum's real identity), its entirely possible we'll see other characters that survived the Clone Wars/Prequel era show up occasionally in Rebels.

Depending on the outcome of the upcoming Dark Disciple novel, its possible and even likely Asajj Ventress survived the events of that book (we won't know until its released in July) and into the present day of Rebels. I could definitely see her as a bounty hunter in present day, and perhaps have her being hired by Vader or an Inquisitor to hunt down the Rebels. Would make for an interesting reunion if
Ahsoka
showed up. It would also offer an eventual avenue for tying up the hanging plot threads of those two characters that've been hanging since The Clone Wars.

Yeah, I'm definitely excited to see how The Clone Wars characters are post-Episode III. The more the merrier.

SMG is a better voice actor than actor from what I remember. I don't know why that works but it does.

Latest posts

Back