Street Fighter IV thread.

Finally got it on my PC.Amazing game.Amazing gameplay.My first opinion is, Sagat and Chun-Li are veeeery over-powered.Especially Sagat is a noticable threat even with an amateur controlling him.On the other hand Chun-Li is perfect for a bit more experienced player who enjoys close-encounter characters.

I am feeling awful that I couldn't use Ryu and Ken effectively, I loved both since the first they I started playing Street Fighter games (which is like 12 years from now...).

Super Street Fighter IV draws closer to release. I found a video introduction of the 6 additional combatants announced so far. 2 additional characters are expected, but haven't been introduced.
[youtube]XM1LpLC7dfU[/youtube]

Cody and Guy were two of my favorite characters from Alpha. Which isn't saying a whole lot since most of the Alpha characters sucked so hard. Adon is Sagat light, but since Sagat was so damn good in IV he might be pretty fun to play in this one.

Dee Jay seems to have been improved significantly in the move from II to IV, but T. Hawk has always sucked and will always suck.

Juri looks cool. I've seen some gameplay footage with her and her attacks seem very reminiscent of SNK's Kim Kaphwan, which makes sense since they both use TKD. That's a good thing for me, I loved Kim.

The last two spots will probably be new characters or additions from III. Makoto seems to be a safe bet for one of the spots if they come from III.

Super Street Fighter IV draws closer to release. I found a video introduction of the 6 additional combatants announced so far. 2 additional characters are expected, but haven't been introduced.

Cody and Guy were two of my favorite characters from Alpha. Which isn't saying a whole lot since most of the Alpha characters sucked so hard. Adon is Sagat light, but since Sagat was so damn good in IV he might be pretty fun to play in this one.

Dee Jay seems to have been improved significantly in the move from II to IV, but T. Hawk has always sucked and will always suck.

Juri looks cool. I've seen some gameplay footage with her and her attacks seem very reminiscent of SNK's Kim Kaphwan, which makes sense since they both use TKD. That's a good thing for me, I loved Kim.

The last two spots will probably be new characters or additions from III. Makoto seems to be a safe bet for one of the spots if they come from III.

Awesome.

If they do bring in any III characters my bet would be on Alex since he was also in the recent Vs. game.

Alex is likely if they go for characters from III. Makoto, Yun, and Yang were my favorites from it, but I'd rather see them have another go at some more new characters. Rufus sucked, but Viper and El Fuerte were pretty decent. Abel was a solid addition and Juri looks to be another one. I'd rather see them keep trying something new rather than try to re-energize characters from a sequel that no one really liked all that much.

And I keep waiting for them to do a "tribute" to Pacquiao the way they did Tyson for Balrog and Lee for Fei Long.

Last edited:

If it's a III character me thinks it will be Yun.

As for making a tribute character, i'd rather they make a tribute character to Tito Trinidad. I want a Puerto rican fighter darn it.

Anywho, can't wait. This looks like it will rock.

No offense to Tito, but Pacquiao has WAY more international recognition.

Yeah, i guess you're right. I guy can dream though.

Seriously though, do we need another boxer?

A Mix Martial artis would be cool, imo.

Last edited:
Yeah, i guess you're right.

I hope mayweather beat him though.

Seriously though, do we need another boxer?
I think a lightweight boxer would add a new dynamic. Balrog hits like a Mack truck, but he's slow as hell. A smaller, faster, combo-centric boxer would play as differently from him as any other character type.
A Mix Martial artis would be cool, imo.
Abel.

Alex and Yun were the most popular characters from 3rd strike. Yun was in CapvsSNK2 with Yang as 1 of Yun's Finishers. Alex was in the recent vs game. Alex was also the higher focus in III series. They would seem to be the safe choice.

Although Dudley would be a nice counter to Balrog. Hugo is definitely a huge power house and Makoto would only be complimented if Ibuki joined alongside. They're the ryu/ken of the female fighters.

EDIT: although it's hard to ignroe the fact that the III series has quickly become the red-headed step-child of the franchise which is a damn shame.

Last edited:
J.Agashoryuken got it right, the rest of the new characters are Makoto, Ibuki, and....Dudley (really?).

[video=youtube;IZ_8uwF-fmc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ_8uwF-fmc[/video]

I think I'll definitely be getting this game.

Lame.

:( If I'd known an update was coming out, I wouldn't have bought the original SFIV

should have seen this coming

This does sound awesome though.... Cody and Guy!

Last edited:
I think Capcom is working on something that will make this game worthwhile to people like you, most likely some kind of price drop.

now all we need is some parry action, Alex and the Yun Twins and we're talking a great game here. Ryu is still a mongoloid looking bastard though. I will never let that down. And what's with Dudley's voice??? He sounds like wimp. Where's the charming, English accent I imagine Mole to have?

Sweet. 9 new characters, some new specials, and some new modes actually make it seem like Capcom is trying to improve some things rather than slapping SUPER on the front and repackaging the same product. Good for them.

I called Makoto. I never really liked Ibuki, but Dudley is a solid addition. Can't wait for this game.

Sweet. 9 new characters, some new specials, and some new modes actually make it seem like Capcom is trying to improve some things rather than slapping SUPER on the front and repackaging the same product. Good for them.

I called Makoto. I never really liked Ibuki, but Dudley is a solid addition. Can't wait for this game.

I don't know if Ibuki will be the same as her III counterpart but in that game her moves were weak in comparison and speed was the name of the game. Ibuki was my top 5.

Make it 10 new characters with the addition of Hakan. A character so goofy he makes Rufus look like a good idea.

[video=youtube;zXFOlJusRWs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXFOlJusRWs[/video]

While I like that they added a Turk (incidentally Hakan is my older brother's name), this guy is like the Kuma/Panda or Rodger Jr. of Street Fighter.

Latest posts

Back