Street Fighter IV thread.

Void.M

i didn't see a thread for it. Well it comes out tomorrow over here and i can't wait to get my hands on it.

Got my preorder, biggest waste of $80, ever

I have it set on easy and cannot get past the first fight in Arcade mode.

PS: if anyone has the 360 Special Edition, I'll trade my Ryu figure for C. Viper.

Last edited:
I'll bre renting this as I've never been a big SFer, but it looks like a great game

Skotti' I think there is a tutorial mode that might be able to give you an edge

I'll bre renting this as I've never been a big SFer, but it looks like a great game

Skotti' I think there is a tutorial mode that might be able to give you an edge

it's not that I can't pull off the moves, it's just that I tend to play the girls, and they're no noticeably weaker vs the guys, especially the new guys and Seth. I'm reading reviews that confirm this.

it's not that I can't pull off the moves, it's just that I tend to play the girls, and they're no noticeably weaker vs the guys, especially the new guys and Seth. I'm reading reviews that confirm this.

The trick usually with playing as girls is that even though they're weaker, they're usually a hell of a lot faster, try a in and out style of play, instead of the full on charge.

Jump in deal out 3 or 4 hits, jump out, evade your opponents response, wait for an opening, repeat.

With girl characters it's usually alot more effective to do the poke and evade strategy rather than rush-block-counter strategy

Vega should be a prime example of this style despite his testosteprone nature

I'll be getting this and with every Street fighter I'll be Ryu.

The trick usually with playing as girls is that even though they're weaker, they're usually a hell of a lot faster, try a in and out style of play, instead of the full on charge.

Jump in deal out 3 or 4 hits, jump out, evade your opponents response, wait for an opening, repeat.

With girl characters it's usually alot more effective to do the poke and evade strategy rather than rush-block-counter strategy

Vega should be a prime example of this style despite his testosteprone nature

The problem is, the usual jump in and out tactic is that they broke it in 4.

ESPECIALLY vs. Seth

I could only beat Seth by spamming Hadouken, over and over and over.

At least I have Sakura now.

This is exactly why they don't make WNBA video games.

*duck*

This is exactly why they don't make WNBA video games.

*duck*

*drops a truck on the zombified panda*

Okay, disregard earlier rant, apparently I was THAT rusty. After taking a break and a hot shower, I've now beaten it with everyone at least once on Medium.

Once you figure out Seth's pattern, he's not so hard.

I want to get this game really badly. Like, I want to get rid of my MK v. DC just to get this game. Growing up, I was into Street Fighter more than MK... Damn, if I have no money, an $8 credit at Gamestop, and MK to trade in how can I get this?

I want to get this game really badly. Like, I want to get rid of my MK v. DC just to get this game. Growing up, I was into Street Fighter more than MK... Damn, if I have no money, an $8 credit at Gamestop, and MK to trade in how can I get this?

Sell MK Vs DC on ebay. You'll get more.

Gamestop is doing a +20% trade in for any games, if you're getting SF4.

I gots it and loves it though. Is it just me or does Seth go teleport crazy after you beat him in the first round? Also, when are the alt costumes up?

Looking forward to this alot.

Anyone got any fairly indepth reviews on graphics, gameplay, quirks, new features, etc? Not asking for a novel here but something other than "I :heart: Akuma cuz he's evil."

Looking forward to this alot.

Anyone got any fairly indepth reviews on graphics, gameplay, quirks, new features, etc? Not asking for a novel here but something other than "I :heart: Akuma cuz he's evil."

Graphics are gorgeous. Pure and simple, I know a lot of people bemoaned the "3D look", but it's just, pure eyecandy.

Gameplay, feels a bit like Street Fighter III sometimes, power sets, combos and specials feel a lot like SF3 (for some reason i can't get the charge based Ultras/Supers to work).

Quirks, the only ones I can really whine about, are Seth and the new characters. The new characters, especially Able, come across as a bit overpowered. Seth even more so, he's pretty easy the first time, but when he "evolves" he gets REALLY cheap. My biggest suggestion is to stay mid range, he's pretty easy to beat that way.

New Features, can't help but to love them. The first, and the best IMHO, full cell animated starting movies and finishing movies for each character. Helps define the stories of the characters. My other favorite new feature are each character has a rival. You face your rival (and get a short ingame CG cut scene) before the final fight with Seth. The online stuff is pretty cool too, you can set the game to allow online challengers at any time, which can get annoying if you're trying to play through the game, which means it'd be best to turn off that option if you're wanting to focus on playing through.

This is a great evolution to a classic franchise. Really makes me excited for the future of the series.

Venom Melendez said:
I gots it and loves it though. Is it just me or does Seth go teleport crazy after you beat him in the first round? Also, when are the alt costumes up?

I wish I knew, I'm hoping Cammy's Killer Bee costume and Chun Li's SF Alpha costumes are options.

Y'know, I'd love to see them use this new setup to revive the Rival Schools and Vampire Savior (Darkstalkers) franchises.

Apparently Capcom has strong intentions to include Dee Jay and T. Hawk in future editions of this game, or as DLC, they have T. Hawk partially modelled and have determined how they'd like him to play

Cool, I like T. Hawk

Apparently Capcom has strong intentions to include Dee Jay and T. Hawk in future editions of this game, or as DLC, they have T. Hawk partially modelled and have determined how they'd like him to play

Cool, I like T. Hawk

Actually, what Ono said was that they were going to have them in the game but ended up not including them. The art gallery also had sketches of potetial new characters that didn't make the cut either.

Latest posts

Back