Stuart Immonen the new Ultimate Spider-Man artist

Re: Stuart Immonen the new Ultimate Spider-Man artist?!

Most of know that, it's that the current style is not much of a good one, at least for UXM, which did NOT suit the book at all. Like I said, for NEXTWAVE, it's different. It fits with the book. I prefer the old style he's used.
Agreed. Some of it really isn't bad. I can't stand the Nextwave look but I wouldn't know if it's appropriate or not because I don't read it. The older stuff looks better.

Maybe he could blend those 2 styles together (if that is possible). If he can, how would that do for the book?

Immonen is an ok choice and I am very curious to see where this will lead too.

Immonen rules. I hope his art can actually make Bendis' writing better.

Plus, his current style is way better than his old style.

Woom.

I think it'll be good, but I shall WAIT AND SEE!

All those who doubt The Immo are wrong. Wrong like mask squinting.

I was this close to dropping USM. This close.

If this is true, I'm a happy bunny.

I loved his work in UXM and Nextwave but I'm not sure if he's the fit for USM. Maybe it's just because I've almost made Bagley synonymous to USM. Looking forward to this. :)

Stuart always strikes me as being kind of cartoony/anime-ish, but that kind of high-energy style works better for USM than, say, Ultimates (with what's-his-name replacement). If he isn't a lock, a good alternate choice would be the gents who worked on the USM annuals (I could barely tell the difference between them and Bagley).

But, a big, BIG point in Stuart's favor is that (like Bagley) he isn't consistently late. Having "prestige" artists one a project (like Civil War, or NYX, or Ultimates...) just leads to disaster. Sometimes a competent artist who delivers what you want is better than the next comic michael-mo-langelo.

Stuart always strikes me as being kind of cartoony/anime-ish, but that kind of high-energy style works better for USM than, say, Ultimates (with what's-his-name replacement). If he isn't a lock, a good alternate choice would be the gents who worked on the USM annuals (I could barely tell the difference between them and Bagley).

But, a big, BIG point in Stuart's favor is that (like Bagley) he isn't consistently late. Having "prestige" artists one a project (like Civil War, or NYX, or Ultimates...) just leads to disaster. Sometimes a competent artist who delivers what you want is better than the next comic michael-mo-langelo.

I actually want a artist who strays from Bagley's style, not someone who copies it. I want a new guy, like Immonen, who can bring that new style but keep that same mood (hopefully).

Ugh...you're talking about Mark Brooks, and he's much more cartoony than Immonen is. His style looks like he's trying real hard to draw anime but can't quite get it right.

*sigh* USM gets worse... and worse... and worse...

Don't worry Immonen doesn't seem to stay on any title for too long. We won't get a quater of the time with Immonen as we did Bagley.

Well, if we're getting an artist that'll only stay around for a little while, I'd be even more upset. I like consistency in my USM. Bendis and Bagley have been on since the beginning of the series... Change will inevitably be a little jarring, but I don't want consistent change, you know what I mean? It would be annoying.

After reading #101, I wish they'd ditch Bendis as well.

After reading #101, I wish they'd ditch Bendis as well.

Time to start thinking of some new writers and make a classic MWoF poll.

"Who Should Be the Next USM Writer?"

I don't wanna see anyone other than Proj, MWoF, or Ice make that poll. The rest of you will just muck it up. :evil:

But I'm still totally hyped to see how Immonen illustrates this. He's a real versatile artist who has many different styles. I'm wondering if Marvel is gonna want his UXM/UFF/Nextwave style or his other style? It'd probably be safe to bet that it'll look similar to his other UU work.

I'm not starting a poll like that. Bendis is on it for a while and when it's announced he's coming off we'll have to make a new thread that deals with the new writer.

I still have faith in Bendis. Just not for this arc.

I'm not starting a poll like that. Bendis is on it for a while and when it's announced he's coming off we'll have to make a new thread that deals with the new writer.

I still have faith in Bendis. Just not for this arc.

You are a stronger man than I. This causes me to doubt everything he does now. Because to even think that giving MJ powers - whether it really happens or not is irrelevant - I shudder to think what he might do to New Avengers or whatever else.

Hard to believe this is the same pen that wrote Daredevil and Alias.

Bendis should have been off USM years ago.

Latest posts

Back