Stuart Immonen the new Ultimate Spider-Man artist

I agree with VVD, Bagley's not that good. Actually I think that he could be a lot better if he didn't need to make things in a hurry. The colorist for USM really saves the day after all.

Is DGspider-man trying to get into a fight with VVD? Oh man I've got to watch this!!!

No matter what i love Bagley's art , eventhough after Venom storyline the artwork's quality started to go down , it was still Bagley and it was still cool , but it's not what it used to be.

Immonen is a good idea.I am really looking forward to his run on USM.After his great work on UFF, I think his style will perfectly fit in with USM.

At least I can assure you Immonen is at least 88888888 times better than the dude that did the annuals.I always hated the way he drew spidey's mask.

that last sentence makes me laugh. Maybe you were joking..... :lol: Just wondering do you ever draw? I'm not going to sit here a toot my own horn but I would consider myself a fairly decent artist I and can't get close to Bagleys' stuff. Be realistic.:roll:

I'm not directing this at you, but as someone who tries to make a general argument, it's as if you said that these guys have no right criticizing Bagley's artwork unless they're good at drawing.

That's a lame way to go at it. It's like saying you don't have a right to say a movie sucks just because you haven't directed a film or acted in one.

I'm not directing this at you, but as someone who tries to make a general argument, it's as if you said that these guys have no right criticizing Bagley's artwork unless they're good at drawing.

This was my biggest beef with Bendis from the Doc Strangefate/USM 101 incident.

That's a lame way to go at it. It's like saying you don't have a right to say a movie sucks just because you haven't directed a film or acted in one.

That wasn't my point.:oops: I realize why some would misunderstand my statments when I didn't explain it well. I know VVD and many others aren't Bagley fans and that's fine. My gripe was only with the last sentence that said something like

anyone with some skill and practice could do what he does.

Somehow it got turned into me being the fanboy who jumped in to defend Bagley. I understand that too I guess. My point was that the above statment, to me, was unrealistic. Most everything in my post could have been worded so much better. Especially the asking Doom if he draws part.

Immonen has always been a mixed bag for me. I love some of his stuff and hate other stuff (the way he drew Polaris in UXM). All in all, I feel he is a unique artist that will leave his own mark on the book and that's a good thing. I also enjoyed his UXM covers and think his USM covers will be an improvement over Bagley.

Somehow it got turned into me being the fanboy who jumped in to defend Bagley. I understand that too I guess. My point was that the above statment, to me, was unrealistic.

That makes two of us. Bagley's got real talent, to say anyone with little drawing skill and some practice can do what he does is ridiculous, particularly out of mere spite. I can easily understand someone saying they personally can draw better than Bagley. But not anyone. If people think Bagley is actually bad, you don't ever want to see me draw. It'll make stick figures look like a Picasso.

That makes two of us. Bagley's got real talent, to say anyone with little drawing skill and some practice can do what he does is ridiculous, particularly out of mere spite. I can easily understand someone saying they personally can draw better than Bagley. But not anyone. If people think Bagley is actually bad, you don't ever want to see me draw. It'll make stick figures look like a Picasso.
Stick figures rule!

:lol:

Re: Stuart Immonen the new Ultimate Spider-Man artist?!

Too soon to decide whether Immonen will be a good fit for USM. But regardless, definitely a VAST improvement over Bagley, for sure.

- UC's least-vocal Bagley hater

Quoted for truth.

Now, I don't know much of this Immonen character (USM is my very first comic book, after all), but after reading up on him on Wikipedia, I have to say his art style is pretty good. It suits Superman, but I am not entirely sure if it will fit USM. I will just have to wait and see when I get my hands on #110.

Now, I don't know much of this Immonen character (USM is my very first comic book, after all), but after reading up on him on Wikipedia, I have to say his art style is pretty good. It suits Superman, but I am not entirely sure if it will fit USM. I will just have to wait and see when I get my hands on #110.
New member and not a spammer! :shock:

Welcome! :D

I'm glad Bagley is going. I like his art most of the time, but sometimes he just has panels where he looks like he switched drawing hands or where a character just looks completely weird. Immonen's stuff online looks pretty good.

Latest posts

Back