Stuart Immonen the new Ultimate Spider-Man artist

Re: Stuart Immonen the new Ultimate Spider-Man artist?!

Hard to believe this is the same pen that wrote Daredevil and Alias.

This is the fact that is driving me crazy! :crazy:

The fact that we know he's better than this mediocrity he's feeding us. You can see it in Alias. You can see it in Daredevil. Hell....every now and then he gives us glimpes in New Avengers (particularly with Luke Cage and his recent SpiderWoman issue).

But he's content with just passing off issue after issue of Peter freaking out and then everything just magically calms down.

this whole MJ powers thing reminds me of the amazing spider-man cartoon where MJ was a CLONE, with water powers?!? i thought that sucked *** as a storyline and i was only 8 then.

Last edited:

im still on the line about it. i have some of his ux work but spiderman? thats a hard title to do. hopefully he can pull it off but im still gonna miss bagley. i think hes the best spiderman drawer since mcfarlane.

I liked Finches Spiderman in New Avengers. His wolvie looked kinda wierd though. What else has Immonen done?

I liked Finches Spiderman in New Avengers. His wolvie looked kinda wierd though. What else has Immonen done?

What does Finch have to do with this? :?

Immonen's done work on UXM (the artist during BKV's run), UFF (the artist that brought you Ultimate Goat Legs), and currently famous for his Nextwave!

till 2010....hmm do we have good bendis/really crap bendis for that long too?

What does Finch have to do with this? :?

Immonen's done work on UXM (the artist during BKV's run), UFF (the artist that brought you Ultimate Goat Legs), and currently famous for his Nextwave!

Nothing...I just like his spiderman.

So he drew the goat legs? I'm liking him already. :D

This has really pissed me off.

I was all set to waltz into my comic shop on Saturday and ask them to drop USM from my pull list. All set. I was close to selling all my USM issues.

But I'm such an Immonen junkie.

I repeat; ****.

I don't care who's replacing Bagley I won't like it as much as his work, I know, I know, not a big surprise. However Immonen did some wonderful stuff in UFF but I think that's the extent of my exposure to his work. I'm not super excited or super bummed just kinda ehhhh.

I don't care who's replacing Bagley I won't like it as much as his work, I know, I know, not a big surprise. However Immonen did some wonderful stuff in UFF but I think that's the extent of my exposure to his work. I'm not super excited or super bummed just kinda ehhhh.

Well, I say give it a chance. You never know..Immonen's art might compliment the writing more. *sigh* who am i kidding. I don't even really read this series and I'm disappointed. I guess I might as well just throw away issue 100. To think it might actually be a good resellable issue down the road.

Immonen is ok. I liked his work on UFF. I especially liked the way he drew Doom. (Which I noticed Marvel ditched in the Zombie storyline in UFF, so now Ultimate Doom is EXACTLY the same as 616 Doom...bummer) But I am a big Bagley fan. His work on USM is great. And I have to say that USM is BY FAR the best of the Ultimate books. (Especially weak a** UXM)

Well, I say give it a chance. You never know..Immonen's art might compliment the writing more.

No doubt. I'll just really miss Bags' style.

Immonen is ok. I liked his work on UFF. I especially liked the way he drew Doom. (Which I noticed Marvel ditched in the Zombie storyline in UFF, so now Ultimate Doom is EXACTLY the same as 616 Doom...bummer) But I am a big Bagley fan. His work on USM is great. And I have to say that USM is BY FAR the best of the Ultimate books. (Especially weak a** UXM)

Yeah bring back the goat legs!! I new myself but welcome to the site fellow Bagley fan:D

By the way does anyone know what Bagley will be working on next?

I guess we'll be able to judge this guy Spider-Man version when his issues comes out. I'm 50/50 on this one, not sure if he is the right choice. They should have tried to get Greg Capullo. We need a Todd McFarlane type to draw Spider-Man again. Or at least I need it.

Oh no. I just thought of something.

What if Bendis tries to get Immonen to draw goat legs on Kong?! Or Liz?! Or Flash?!

:(

I am devastated. For some reason, I just can't get into Immonen. While certainly not my last choice, I would not have even considered him as a possible Bagley replacement. Why not Mark Brooks? I'm going to assume that Immonen is expected to maintain a lengthy run, as did Bagley. I might cry. :(

I've liked Immonen's art ever since I read his first issue on Ultimate Fantastic Four.

I've really liked Immonen's art ever since I read his first issue on Ultimate X-Men.

I've loved Immonen's art ever since I read the first issue of NEXTWAVE.

This is good news. :D

Latest posts

Back