Stuart Immonen the new Ultimate Spider-Man artist

I don't like his style, He is a good artist, but I don't think he is a good choice. I loved his art in Nextwave, but I hated it in UXM and UFF.

I don't like his style, He is a good artist, but I don't think he is a good choice. I loved his art in Nextwave, but I hated it in UXM and UFF.

I felt the same way but it grew on me. Looking back, I like it now.

Except when he made Wolverine look like Michael Jackson.

Immonen is a great artist.He did great job with both UFF and UXM , and i totally believe he will do a great run on USM.
It might be a stupid idea , but i think on Immonen's run , they will start focusing on Peter's normal life again.

I dont remember when I last saw kong.Anyone does???
It's time put off the costume (that's what fury says) and focus on the social life of parker.

Immonen is a great artist.He did great job with both UFF and UXM , and i totally believe he will do a great run on USM.
It might be a stupid idea , but i think on Immonen's run , they will start focusing on Peter's normal life again.

I dont remember when I last saw kong.Anyone does???
It's time put off the costume (that's what fury says) and focus on the social life of parker.

i'm pretty sure he was in silver sable that story kinda had to do with his school life--- kinda

Because he's not good.
you lie!

mark brooks would have been my top choice for the new artist

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm pretty sure he was in silver sable that story kinda had to do with his school life--- kinda

you lie!

mark brooks would have been my top choice for the new artist

Yeah, Kong was in SIlver Sable but after the Clone Saga they really need to show Peter at school with everybody.

Mark Brooks was not a good choice if you ask me, because he is too much like Bagley. Although he throws just a little more anime into his art, in my opinion. Immonen will hopefully do a fine job.

Immonen's artwork has grown on me as well... In UFF i didn't really care for it that much... especially the doom goat legs (too goofy to take him seriously). I enjoyed his later uxm artwork, especially his magnetic north stuff. His inker goes a bit too heavy for my tastes sometimes (dazzler in the most dangerous game looked like a burnt out carrie fisher).... looking forward to a change from bagley though. methinks ultimate spidey's creative team should've seen some more changes similar to those in uxm and uff....

From NJF:

NRAMA: So here is a softball… Stuart Immonen - Ultimate Spider-Man? Why?

JQ: Look, my Mets lost so I don't even want to talk about anything that remotely reminds me of baseball right now.

Go Tigers!

[laughs]

Stuart is just a superb artists and storyteller. We wanted someone who was going to be able to keep the book out consistently as Brian and Mark have while also delivering the highest caliber of art that has become synonymous with the title. Stuart was a no-brainer of a decision.

NRAMA: Do you think this will be a seamless transition, or do you think the change in styles will require any adjustments in your positioning of the series and the eventual collections?

JQ: I believe it's going to be seamless. It's going to be interesting to see what Stuart brings stylistically to the book. He's so amazingly versatile from his standard comics work to his painted material to his cartooning. He does it all well and he adapts beautifully to each new situation. I think Ultimate Spider-Man fans are going to be very happy with the decision. Mark leaves some very big shoes to fill, but I think Stuart is the right guy to fill them!

NRAMA: How about scheduling wise? Mark Bagley was unique and almost superhuman in the fact he not only never missed a month, for a good deal of his 110 issues he was doing 2 a month. What do you expect to be – if any – on the schedules fans and retailers have become accustomed to with this series?

JQ: I expect the series to continue monthly without missing a beat, but let's be real, Mark is a freak of nature, he's an amazingly fast penciler and only a few guys come around like that a decade. We're shooting for Stuart to keep the book on track, if we get more than a single issue a month, then that's just gravy, but let's take it one step at a time.

And, also keep in mind that over that last two years we greatly reduced the number of double ships of Ultimate Spider-Man, so fans and retailers shouldn't notice any loss of product of revenue.

Last edited:
while also delivering the highest caliber of art that has become synonymous with the title

Um...

Immonen's artwork has grown on me as well... In UFF i didn't really care for it that much... especially the doom goat legs (too goofy to take him seriously).

I actually really like what I have seen of Immonens work. I enjoyed his art a lot on UFF. I thought the goat legs were brilliant. I liked the way Ultimate Doom was different from 616 Doom. I liked that the armor was organic instead of technological and all the wierd things he does were/are also organic. (like the poison gas he breathes...COOL!) All that seemed to have gone away during the Zombies story.

I think Immonen will be good for USM. It's just hard to let someone as consistantly good (AND ON TIME) as Bagley, go.

My liking for Bagley has diminished with each passing issue. It's like he's recycling panels.

I admit that he captures emotion like almost no other........but other than that---he's mediocre at best. Anyone with little drawing skill and some practice can do what he does.

My liking for Bagley has diminished with each passing issue. Anyone with little drawing skill and some practice can do what he does.

that last sentence makes me laugh. Maybe you were joking..... :lol: Just wondering do you ever draw? I'm not going to sit here a toot my own horn but I would consider myself a fairly decent artist I and can't get close to Bagleys' stuff. Be realistic.:roll:

that last sentence makes me laugh. Maybe you were joking..... :lol: Just wondering do you ever draw? I'm not going to sit here a toot my own horn but I would consider myself a fairly decent artist I and can't get close to Bagleys' stuff. Be realistic.:roll:

Actually.....yes. I can draw. And extremely well I might add. While I haven't really drawn anything since high school----I was drawing stuff that he's doing when I was 16.

Like I said---I admit that he has real talent when it comes to displaying emotion (something I can't do very well).

The coloring is what makes Bagley's art "pop". Coloring is something I don't do.

How's that for realistic? :roll: You know what---don't bother answering. I'm done replying to your fanboyish posts about Bendis and Bagley. :roll: x a billion.

Actually.....yes. I can draw. And extremely well I might add. While I haven't really drawn anything since high school----I was drawing stuff that he's doing when I was 16.

Like I said---I admit that he has real talent when it comes to displaying emotion (something I can't do very well).

The coloring is what makes Bagley's art "pop". Coloring is something I don't do.

How's that for realistic? :roll: You know what---don't bother answering. I'm done replying to your fanboyish posts about Bendis and Bagley. :roll: x a billion.

:shock: Sorry I wasn't trying to come across as rude. I didn't mean to offend.

Like I said I thought that last sentence was a little unrealistic. Your basically saying that anyone could do what he does. I've got some skill and I've practiced and I'm still not that good. Sorry if it came out wrong.

Maybe you should have stuck with the art then you actually could be doing what Bagley does and we could all ***** about how much you suck and how any amature could do what you do.

:shock: Sorry I wasn't trying to come across as rude. I didn't mean to offend.

Like I said I thought that last sentence was a little unrealistic. Your basically saying that anyone could do what he does. I've got some skill and I've practiced and I'm still not that good. Sorry if it came out wrong.

Maybe you should have stuck with the art then you actually could be doing what Bagley does and we could all ***** about how much you suck and how any amature could do what you do.
Wow, did you graduate from the Bendis school of responding to posts?

Doom, sick The Captain on him.

Latest posts

Back