Studio 60**SPOILERS**

Planet-man

Toronto, Ontario(by way of the Kepler Verge)
I just watched the pilot and I'm very impressed. Matthew Perry is fantastic. There's still that touch a Chandler in him, but that's who he is and it really make the character work. I think the show will be a hit for sure.

Anyone else catch it?

I thought I set my VCR, but it turns out I recorded FOX during that time slot by mistake. I do that way to often. Mathew Perry is one of my favorite physical comedians, so I'll definitely try and give this a chance.

i've been waiting for this ever since i first heard about it. i stopped watching west wing when sorkin left.

this was GREAT. i love the dynamic between matthew perry and bradley whitford. very excited for this series.

and heroes, which'll be airing just before it on mondays when it starts. hope that's good.

btw i just noticed for anyone who missed this and wants to catch it they're airing it tonight at 11pm on Bravo.

Such a great show. Sucks that I'll be up late every Monday tho'. (Yeah, yeah, only 11. So? I like 7 hours of sleep.)

Btw, it's free on Nbc.com to watch, too, just like LOST on Abc.com. That's why the first 19 minutes of the premier had the Nbc.com icon in the center of the screen (so annoying!).

Did anyone else love whenever Jordan (Amanda Peet) smiled in the pilot? I don't know; there was just something so cute and infectious about it that I couldn't help but smile too.

I'm hooked.

4.5/5

Last night's episode was a considerable step down from last week's.

Perry, Whitford and Peet continue to shine(especially Perry, who really carries the show), but some major flaws are beginning to show through.

The biggest one in my opinion is Harriet, Matt's ex-girlfriend and the star of the show-within-a-show. There's a lot of focus on her and all the characters go on and on about how sexy, talented, and overall incredible she is, but to me she's extremely bland-looking, very uncharismatic, and has zero star-quality. If the show keeps centering arounf her this much it will sink fast.

Also, the end of the episode(the big intro to the "new" Studio 60) well....sucked. I could barely tell what any of them were saying, and even when I could it just wasn't that funny. I hope they can do better than that.

And they hyped up "Crazy Christians" hugely, and we don't get to see it? I'm hoping we will in the future.

Overall, 3/5. The scene where Perry turns on the countdown clock was easily the highlight of the episode.

I scrambled to catch the premiere on Bravo and I'm glad I did. This is the best new show this season.

Last night's episode was a considerable step down from last week's.

i agree. the thing that's starting to turn me off is the self importance and gravitas to the tone, while the subject it's dealing with is a sketch comedy show. granted, in their universe SNL exists, but it's clearly based on SNL, which is mostly inconsequential. it hasn't been "cool" or culturally relevant for about 20 years or more. and no sketch comedy show has ever been as relelvant as they are making this out to be. this show has the same exact tone as the west wing, when it needs to have more of the tone of sports night.

and i also agree about sarah paulson's character. i'd really like to believe she's a brillliant comedienne, but somehow i don't buy it. and yeah, where was the crazy christian sketch?!!!

The biggest one in my opinion is Harriet, Matt's ex-girlfriend and the star of the show-within-a-show. There's a lot of focus on her and all the characters go on and on about how sexy, talented, and overall incredible she is, but to me she's extremely bland-looking, very uncharismatic, and has zero star-quality. If the show keeps centering arounf her this much it will sink fast.

So what do you think now? I'd have agreed with you after the first episode, but now that we've seen her work, she's talented enough for the show. I'm still not exactly buying the SEXY angle, but so what?

Last night's episode had some great parts but I CAN NOT STAND the whole goddam Harriet + Matt angle. Stupid, worthless soap-opera bull****. It might be tolerable if the actress playing Harriet had any talent at all, but alas.

A whole segment from commercial to commecial that ONLY featured Harriet and the reporter woman(who might I add is nothing but an exposition device) was almost intolerable. This should be the Matt and Danny show, not 90210 all-grown-up.

Next week looks like fun, though.

Last night's episode had some great parts but I CAN NOT STAND the whole goddam Harriet + Matt angle. Stupid, worthless soap-opera bull****. It might be tolerable if the actress playing Harriet had any talent at all, but alas.

A whole segment from commercial to commecial that ONLY featured Harriet and the reporter woman(who might I add is nothing but an exposition device) was almost intolerable. This should be the Matt and Danny show, not 90210 all-grown-up.

Next week looks like fun, though.

:sure:

I thought Matt/Harriet was cute.

"You knock my socks off" had me smiliing the entire night.

Latest posts

Back