Supergirl Series Discussion *Spoilers*

Zombipanda said:
I hear it so often, that I usually just sort of zone the noise out. Sorry, man.

:lol:

But yeah man---you hit the nail on the head when you touched upon why the series is great.

I think another thing that I've found interesting is what's been hinted at is the fact that one day she could be even better than Superman.

When Clark was her age--he was doing chores on the farm and having trouble fitting in with normal kids his age. But she's having to be a hero and trying to fit in with normal people her age as well as other heroes her age and even twice her age. At age 16 she's getting combat training from some of the best warriors the universe has to offer. Imagine how great she'll become with age and experience.

Victor Von Doom said:
:lol:

But yeah man---you hit the nail on the head when you touched upon why the series is great.

I think another thing that I've found interesting is what's been hinted at is the fact that one day she could be even better than Superman.

When Clark was her age--he was doing chores on the farm and having trouble fitting in with normal kids his age. But she's having to be a hero and trying to fit in with normal people her age as well as other heroes her age and even twice her age. At age 16 she's getting combat training from some of the best warriors the universe has to offer. Imagine how great she'll become with age and experience.

And there's also the interesting complication of not having a moral compass. The old Superboy comics were about Clark coming to terms with his powers growing up, but he had the Kents' vlues already instilled in him. Supergirl's just out there on her own.

I haven't picked up this issue yet, though. Who's her mysterious boyfriend?

Zombipanda said:
And there's also the interesting complication of not having a moral compass. The old Superboy comics were about Clark coming to terms with his powers growing up, but he had the Kents' vlues already instilled in him. Supergirl's just out there on her own.

Exactly. I mean she has Superman (and used to have Wonder Woman) for advice...but he's more along the lines of chastising her in the role of big brother rather than a nurturing parental figure.

Zombipanda said:
I haven't picked up this issue yet, though. Who's her mysterious boyfriend?

Captain Boomerang.

Best Supergirl issue ever. Churchill's art seemed to pick up again. I don't what it is, but Supergirl is so sexy. I loved all her interaction with everyone else. With Batman, Captain Boomrang, Wondergirl, The Kents, Powergirl. I loved her wearing the Superboy shirt. He means a lot more dead. I look forward to more.

thee great one said:
I loved her wearing the Superboy shirt. He means a lot more dead.

In the latest Action Comic---some alien says he detects 3 Kryptonian life forms on Earth.

Superman comments that he knows only of him and Kara. It would be stupid to assume the alien was talking about the dog.......so I hope they don't mean there's some future plot soon to bring him back.

But I am intrigued as to what they're talking about.

But in other news---I'm really looking forward to more issues of Supergirl. With the solicits stating that it's time for her to live amongst the rest of the world and try to have a secret identity...it's gonna be some awesome stuff coming for this book.

The alien life forms they're talking about are Zod and the other two Kryptonians from the second Superman movie.

Victor Von Doom said:
In the latest Action Comic---some alien says he detects 3 Kryptonian life forms on Earth.

Superman comments that he knows only of him and Kara. It would be stupid to assume the alien was talking about the dog.......so I hope they don't mean there's some future plot soon to bring him back.

But in other news---I'm really looking forward to more issues of Supergirl. With the solicits stating that it's time for her to live amongst the rest of the world and try to have a secret identity...it's gonna be some awesome stuff coming for this book.

I think Krypto is not from Krypton, but from a fake Krypton made by Brainiac...or something like that.

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
I think Krypto is not from Krypton, but from a fake Krypton made by Brainiac...or something like that.
...:|

XORN!!!!!!

moonmaster said:
EsWorstNightmare2.jpg

Random said:

XORN!!!!!!

The dog from Krypton

The third and more familiar version of Krypto was introduced in the early 2000s Superman comics, as a dog from a false, idealized Krypton (that coincidentally resembled the pre-Crisis Krypton) that was created as a trap by one of Superman's enemies; Superman was able to defeat the trap, and when he returned to Earth, Krypto followed him.

This is from wikipedia, so it's true. :lol:

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
The dog from Krypton

The third and more familiar version of Krypto was introduced in the early 2000s Superman comics, as a dog from a false, idealized Krypton (that coincidentally resembled the pre-Crisis Krypton) that was created as a trap by one of Superman's enemies; Superman was able to defeat the trap, and when he returned to Earth, Krypto followed him.

This is from wikipedia, so it's true. :lol:

xORN.jpg

Last edited:
ProjectX2 said:
The alien life forms they're talking about are Zod and the other two Kryptonians from the second Superman movie.

Hmmm. That would make sense since Donner is coming on to do the comic.

Victor Von Doom said:

I think it ties in with supermans heir in 52. Something that was written on Rip Hunters chalkboard.

Victor Von Doom said:
Hmmm. That would make sense since Donner is coming on to do the comic.

I don't remember where (I think it was one of the convention panels) but they said that the N-Zone villains are going to be popping up in the Superman books very soon.... including a revised version of Zod.

Zombipanda said:
I don't remember where (I think it was one of the convention panels) but they said that the N-Zone villains are going to be popping up in the Superman books very soon.... including a revised version of Zod.
You mean phantom zone right?

Issue 10 was a great issue. It added a lot of depth to her character trying to have a secret identity. The ending was great. I'm enjoying her relationship with Wondergirl and Cap.Boomrang.

I can't believe I forgot to post here....

So yeah---#10 was great....at least up til the ending. But even then....the ending fit into her character.

It was fun and interesting seeing Kara try to have a normal teenage life of a girl her own age (so to speak). DC really could've carried that plot for a while. The dual identity was such a vital aspect to the early Superman tales....why not duplicate it with Kara?

Because that's not her. They could try and make it work---but it would've ultimately fallen flat. Clark was raised as a normal boy and didn't start developing powers until later. He had an opportunity to develop socially. Kara is a teenage girl who has no clue as to who she really is. She arrives on Earth and is thrust into combat. Despite how hard she tries to fit in with normal teens...her peers are the likes of Teen Titans, Outsiders, JLA, etc.

There is no way that she could ever fit in with humans the way Clark does. And the fact that the writers recoginize that and didn't try to flesh out some random "teen dual identity" arc was great.

At first I was all for the dual ID thing......but it wasn't until I read this issue that I actually got who Kara was...is.

So now I can't wait to see where this is gonna go.....but I am worried that this title won't have any real story to it. And it'll go nowhere fast.

I'm just saddened that only like 4 people read this enough to even carry on a discussion.

Latest posts

Back