Superior (Millar/Yu) discussion [spoilers]

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
New creator owned book.

Mark Millar and Leinil Francis Yu have announced "Superior," a new, creator-owned project that will be hitting stores in October 2010.

1275391182.jpg

Re: Millar and Yu are SUPERIOR.

I assume this will be Millar's "deconstruction" of the Superman mythos?

What if Superman was Lex Luthor?

I knew you guys like to poop all over Mark Millar and his OVERHYPE MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but I just read #1 of this and loved it.

I knew you guys like to poop all over Mark Millar and his OVERHYPE MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but I just read #1 of this and loved it.
Eh, it was okay... I'm starting to dislike the way Millar writes character dialogues, even when they're not they always feel like one-liners to me :?

Just read #2 today and it was "meh". The whole "secretly test your new powers with your most trusted friend" thing is way cliched.

I do like the dynamic of a guy turning into a hero based on the looks of the actor that plays said character in movies, and having to go out in public in ridiculous disguises to avoid being mistaken for the actor, not the "real" hero. It's a clever twist on the Superman/Clark Kent/glasses stuff.

Another Millar book that started off good and then just turned into a huge WTF.

Deals with the devil? REALLY?

Ugh.

I also hate how fast things move in this book. It reads like he is trying to retell as many Superman stories as he can for a guy in a different costume, and nothing is being developed. He's doing nothing but introducing a character to us for the movie.

I just read the last issue. The whole series was pretty much a joke. Pretty disappointing.

The whole thing read like a 12 year old writing a story using an idea that would only be slightly impressive that a 12 year old came up with.

How you can write a story about a kid saddled with MS who literally becomes his favorite movie superhero and not have that be the least bit inspirational is a complete mystery to me.

Sad. I wanted to like this.

Latest posts

Back