Superman/Batman: Public Enemies DTV

It was alright. Not a fan of the style, too much guy love between Superman and Batman, Waller looked like Mr Potato Head, and the enemy choices were quite odd.

Enjoyable, but I wouldn't want to spend money on it

Damn. Shame no one seems to like this (just ordered it yesterday, having not seen it). But then, were you guys expecting more than just mindless Superman-and-Batman-on-the-run-punching-things?

Last edited:
I remember an episode in the Batman/Superman adventures were Supes is dressed up as Bats, and him and Robin go around looking for Bruce Wayne. I remember that one was hilarious.

Yeah, that one was really good, if my memory of watching it as an enthusiastic 11-year old serves. I liked how Superman could mimic Batman and Robin's voices perfectly. Although it was kind of annoying that Superman-dressed-as-Batman didn't have a different-looking chin.

EDIT: YouTube link to that episode.

EDIT EDIT:
Although it was kind of annoying that Superman-dressed-as-Batman didn't have a different-looking chin.

Oh wait, he kind of did.

Last edited:
I liked it. I bought it while over in usa, I watched it the day after I came home.

I got about twelve minutes in before getting annoyed at the changes from the original story that now made even less sense and stopped watching. And I quite like McGuinness's art but it didn't look right in animation.

I don't know if I'll ever finish this. I can just go and read the original story, which is probably my favourite Loeb story (mainly because it's one of the only ones I can actually read and is a lot of fun).

I don't know if I'll ever finish this. I can just go and read the original story, which is probably my favourite Loeb story (mainly because it's one of the only ones I can actually read and is a lot of fun).

I honestly can't think of any Jeph Loeb DC story that isn't good. There are a few that aren't absolutely astounding (most of the Supergirl stuff, Hush, Public Enemies), but where can anyone find fault in Long Halloween or Superman for All Seasons?!

I honestly can't think of any Jeph Loeb DC story that isn't good. There are a few that aren't absolutely astounding (most of the Supergirl stuff, Hush, Public Enemies), but where can anyone find fault in Long Halloween or Superman for All Seasons?!

Have to say, I kinda agree. I didn't read Long Halloween. But I really liked Superman FAS. Seems Loeb didn't turn to crap until he started writing for the Ultimate U. However it may have been before that but I wouldn't know because I didn't read any of his Marvel work prior to Ults.

Never read the Superman one.

But Long Halloween is full of nothing more than random villain appearances, stupid inane plot twists that contradict the story itself, the fact Loeb FORGOT there wasn't a holiday in August, and the twist of the ending, that you couldn't see coming, cause Loeb intentionally never gave the reader enough information to figure out the twist.

But Long Halloween is full of nothing more than random villain appearances, stupid inane plot twists that contradict the story itself, the fact Loeb FORGOT there wasn't a holiday in August, and the twist of the ending, that you couldn't see coming, cause Loeb intentionally never gave the reader enough information to figure out the twist.

True. Plus there's a scene where The Riddler is surrounded by bullet holes, which is dumb when you realize that the other person was using a pistol and would have had to stop and reload several times, so Riddler would have just stood there waiting the whole time.

Last edited:
The plot is wrought with flaws, certainly, but so is The Dark Knight's. The characterisations in Long Halloween are superb. I would commend Long Halloween for being the best 'status quo' Batman story.

And the characterisations in Superman for All Seasons are nothing short of masterful. If aliens came to Earth and wanted to know about Superman, I would give them Loeb's story before giving them All-Star by Grant Morrison. No contest.

Last edited:

I've always looked at the introduction of the composite Superman Batman robot as the begining of Loebs downfall. I don't think its coincidence that it coencides with his sons health failing. The poor guys writing never recovered. I can't be too hard on him, but I do wish he'd fade a little more quietly.

Finally someone agrees with me.

I think CCH Pounder is hot.

I just wanted to throw that out there.

Latest posts

Back