Superman/Batman: Public Enemies DTV

No, I agree with you.

Loeb's never been a very good writer.
I can't say that I've read a whole lot of his stuff. Excluding his recent Marvel work I've only read two things he's written. Long Halloween was pretty good but overrated and Dark Victory was mediocre at best.

Just saw this yesterday and really enjoyed it. The funny dialogue, the action, the designs, the animation, all great.

There were admittedly a whole bunch of gaping flaws with it (they really didn't deal with Luthor as President as much as they should have and they never explained why Batman and Superman trusted Power Girl so implicitly and who the hell Toyman was), but overall, I found it to be really enjoyable and probably the most easily watchable of any of the DTVs thus far. My favourite thing about it were the little buddy-cop dialogues between Batman and Superman throughout the movie. The one about Magpie at the start (which was a double-reference to both John Byrne's 'The Man of Steel' miniseries and Dan Slott's 'Arkham Asylum: Living Hell') was my favourite.

Batman's design was the best overall design for the character, in animation, since the original animated series. He's never looked so good. And I hated how he looked in the original comic. Same goes for Superman. I liked how we could actually see Superman's blue eyes in this.

8/10 and far more enjoyable than 'World's Finest'.

Just saw this yesterday and really enjoyed it. The funny dialogue, the action, the designs, the animation, all great.

There were admittedly a whole bunch of gaping flaws with it (they really didn't deal with Luthor as President as much as they should have and they never explained why Batman and Superman trusted Power Girl so implicitly and who the hell Toyman was), but overall, I found it to be really enjoyable and probably the most easily watchable of any of the DTVs thus far. My favourite thing about it were the little buddy-cop dialogues between Batman and Superman throughout the movie. The one about Magpie at the start (which was a double-reference to both John Byrne's 'The Man of Steel' miniseries and Dan Slott's 'Arkham Asylum: Living Hell') was my favourite.

Batman's design was the best overall design for the character, in animation, since the original animated series. He's never looked so good. And I hated how he looked in the original comic. Same goes for Superman. I liked how we could actually see Superman's blue eyes in this.

8/10 and far more enjoyable than 'World's Finest'.

I enjoyed this as well. Great action sequences in this flick.

As much as I enjoyed it though, the very poor characterisations of some of the secondary characters pulls it down to a 7.5/10.

Timm and Co. desperately need to start making longer movies and stop trying to condense them into a single hour.

so i watched this last night. I have to say that it's by far the best DTV I've seen from either company. (Although I haven't seen Dr Strange or Wonder Woman, and I've heard good things about both of those).

I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. (Except when Luthor kissed his aide...that was weird)

Latest posts

Back