Supreme Power renamed "Squadron Supreme"!

So all I had to do was mention the name change and the thread would have stayed? That sucks.

I'll be getting this book. Not sure about the various mini-series though...

I should be grabbing this. I heartily enjoyed Grunewald's SS, and since I'm 17 I wasn't able to get Supreme Power from the shop, so this will be my first look at the JMS SS.

Pandrio said:
Did this happen yet?

Last I heard it was currently scheduled for February following the Hyperion and Nighthawk minis.

Ultxon said:
I should be grabbing this. I heartily enjoyed Grunewald's SS, and since I'm 17 I wasn't able to get Supreme Power from the shop, so this will be my first look at the JMS SS.
I was 15 when I first started buying Supreme Power and they never said anything about it. Then again, my comic shop wasn't a chain shop and was still a mom-and-pop shop focused on the comics. That changed, of course, which is why I don't go there anymore.

Holy Poop on a Stick.

I just finished the original "Squadron Supreme"

and wow....

I mean... wow...

I'm eager to see how this is all going to start coming together, but as of now it seems like they are starting at the very beginning and working towards where the Original began, at which point I bet there will be many similarities, although hopefully not too many...

I'd be interested to see whether Nighthawk will run for President...

I'm also interested in seeing whether Emil will take up any sort of costume... I kind of hope not....

BUt I really am hoping they introduce the Golden Archer soon...

This looks SO FREAKIN' SWEET!!!

SQDSUP001_COV_col.jpg

Love the way it mirrors that Alex Ross cover. But who the hell's that short haired girl in the background? Think it's Skylark, sans the wings?

Last edited:
Fuzzy Birds said:
But who the hell's that short haired girl in the background? Think it's Skylark, sans the wings?

Nope, its Inertia. She was in Supreme Power #18 (the girl in the bar with all those guys unconscious around her)

Squadron%20Supreme.jpg

SQDSUP001_COV_col.jpg

I know the mirroring was mentioned... but I -do- like how this implies that Nighthawk -will- be the enemy of the Squadron Supreme.

I'm interested to see Tom Thumb (he's in the new picture too, just very tiny).

Im curious as to whether we'll get the Black/Golden Arrow or Skylark...

I don't think that Nighthawk will be the enemy, he'll be the leader if anything.
The guy with the cave, the funder etc.
And that is a beautiful cover. Very much looking forward to it.

Is it going to be monthly or bi-monthly as Supreme power was?

**** Nighthawk. Is Menace-Man (or whatever the villain's name is, I forget right now) gonna be on their team?

I wanna new issue.

Bass said:
Is Menace-Man (or whatever the villain's name is, I forget right now) gonna be on their team?
Master Menace. And he might be at first, but eventually become a villain, at least if it follows the original. In the original, Hyperion accidentally messed up one of his experiments and made his hair grow at a rapid pace, and he therefore became a villain.

Doc Comic said:
Master Menace. And he might be at first, but eventually become a villain, at least if it follows the original. In the original, Hyperion accidentally messed up one of his experiments and made his hair grow at a rapid pace, and he therefore became a villain.
That is the best reason ever.

I dunno. I still like Doctor Demonicus' reason.

He wanted to be a superhero, so he exposed himself to radiation, which gave him skin cancer.

So he wore a skull mask, purple cape, and pink spandex, called himself "Doctor Demonicus" and took on the Avengers.

The guy's a legend.

Bass said:
I dunno. I still like Doctor Demonicus' reason.

He wanted to be a superhero, so he exposed himself to radiation, which gave him skin cancer.

So he wore a skull mask, purple cape, and pink spandex, called himself "Doctor Demonicus" and took on the Avengers.

The guy's a legend.
How far did he get?

Re: Squadron Supreme preview

Squadron Supreme

First preview of Squadron Supreme #1 (March). Not a bad preview, seems like a fairly logical continuation of Supreme Power. However, being a first issue, naturally a lot of the dialogue is character exposition, which, to long time readers, is naturally a bit boring. Anyway, I very much like how Nighthawk is being seriously underestimated here, and it looks like this is indeed going to follow the original series in that regards.

Last edited:
Re: Squadron Supreme preview

Fuzzy Birds said:
Squadron Supreme

First preview of Squadron Supreme #1 (March). Not a bad preview, seems like a fairly logical continuation of Supreme Power. However, being a first issue, naturally a lot of the dialogue is character exposition, which, to long time readers, is naturally a bit boring. Anyway, I very much like how Nighthawk is being seriously underestimated here, and it looks like this is indeed going to follow the original series in that regards.

It looks fun. I still need to pick up Vol. 3.

It would be great if Marvel publishes a crossover of Ultimates versus Supreme Power... Like the 616 Avengers/Squadron Supreme crossovers...

HÊÚL. said:
It would be great if Marvel publishes a crossover of Ultimates versus Supreme Power... Like the 616 Avengers/Squadron Supreme crossovers...

Cool username - welcome. :D

Latest posts

Back