Supreme Power renamed "Squadron Supreme"!

for those who are reading the Hyperion mini-series, can anyone hazard a guess whether this alternate reality that has been created will be the one the SS will be set in or is it gonna go back to the real-Earth thats SP was set in? :?

Jackie Estacado said:
for those who are reading the Hyperion mini-series, can anyone hazard a guess whether this alternate reality that has been created will be the one the SS will be set in or is it gonna go back to the real-Earth thats SP was set in? :?

Here's what I think: it's not just an alternate universe, it's an alternate future; a taste of things to come. After the mini, I believe Arcanna and co will return to the regular universe, with the knowledge of what's to come, therefore giving them a reason to properly combat Hyperion: to stop this future coming to pass.

I also think it's unlikely that something as huge as a switch of universes would be dealt in a mini series that is supposed to merely be some unimportant filler between the MAX and Marvel Knights switchover.

Can't wait to get my hands on this. I just finished the Doctor Spectrum mini and am looking forward to see more of Joe. Is there an essentail SS in the works?

I am so... SO happy that this doesn't start where Hyperion is running right now. I love the slow burn of Supreme Power, and if it just became the Squadron vs. Nighthawk because of a Arcanna/Scarlet Witch type reality switch, I'd be uber-pissed.

Art looks fantastic. Love Hyperions new suit, and the face he has on the 2nd panel of hsi convo with Jason is flawless in how it shows how cocky and self-aware he has become.

Big E said:
Can't wait to get my hands on this. I just finished the Doctor Spectrum mini and am looking forward to see more of Joe. Is there an essentail SS in the works?

There's a trade of the original, why would it be an essential? Not old enough for it.

Patriot Mk2 said:
There's a trade of the original, why would it be an essential? Not old enough for it.

There are actually 3 trades, I believe - the original (with the Captain America x-over) and 2 sequel-ly stories which I haven't read and I believe are out of print.

530943oy.jpg

If this were still MAX, that bra would be off. =(

Jackie Estacado said:
check out this preview of Squadron Supreme #1, looks cool....

http://www.buzzscope.com/reviews.php?id=5309

also doesnt look as tho it follows on from the hyperion mini (thank god....)

Why does this look familiar? Have we seen this before?

Also have they said if they are going to be able to keep a monthly schedule for this book?

UltimateE said:
Why does this look familiar? Have we seen this before?
Well, this was already seen in last months Marvel Previews book. What gives that away is on the page after the cover, the "Exclusive look" banner on the bottom.

If you don't mean that, since its an exlusive look in the previews book.

still has the same feel as the MAX series. no point getting into the profanity and nudity chat again as pointless. i still hope it will remain in my top 5 books tho!

if it can pull off the darkness and adult nature of DD then i'll be happy - we still have the Supreme Power series to see Zarda's NIPS :wink:

i don't think the swearing was pointless.people swear alot,even more so when the ****'s hit the fan

nar bud, i meant no point arguing that its not gonna be in the book anymore - i agree the whole swearing and stuff made it more relaistic. joe never went too far (well apart from showing ledger's penis lol) and showed alot of maturity with the material despite having a free-reign on what he could put in the book.
imagine, if u will, garth ennis doing supreme power lol, that wud be over the top lol

Someone posted that preview before.

It would be great if Marvel publishes a crossover of Ultimates versus Supreme Power... Like the 616 Avengers/Squadron Supreme crossovers...

You dirty ****.

Latest posts

Back