Terminator Salvation

Re: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

I really hope the 'new title' is just the usual wiki bullcrap.
Terminator: The Return of the Terminator
? Dear god...

Terminator 7: Terminator

Last edited:

Terminator 4: The Terminatrix?

This is just going to be terrible.

Way to ruin T2, *******s.

Warner Bros. said:
Set in post-apocalyptic 2018, John Connor (Christian Bale), the man fated to be the leader of the human resistance against Skynet and its army of Terminators, and the future he was raised to believe in is altered in part by the appearance of Marcus Wright (Sam Worthington), a Terminator whose last memory is of being on death row. Connor must decide whether Marcus has been sent from the future, or rescued from the past. As Skynet prepares its final onslaught, Connor and Marcus both embark on an odyssey that takes them into the heart of Skynet's operations, where they find out a terrible secret that may lead to the possible annihilation of mankind

I like the direction they're taking this in. The guy who's playing the Terminator, Sam Worthington, looks a lot like Arnold Schwarzenegger (except Worthington is AUSTRALIAN, while Schwarzenegger is AUSTRIAN):
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0941777/

Anton Yelchin as a teenaged Kyle Reese? Enh. I think Kyle Reese was eliminated from the timeline after the events of the first movie, but this is kind of like a remake-uel, so....

Bryce Dallas Howard as Kate Brewster? Meh.

Common is starring as Barnes, John's right-hand man. WHY IS COMMON IN EVERYTHING?! - Smokin' Aces, American Gangster, Street Kings, Wanted, this, the Justice League movie (if that ever materializes).

We're looking at a May 22, 2009 release date. There'll be a teaser trailer attached to THE DARK KNIGHT. It is likely to be rated PG-13.

I don't know why they don't have Arnie....his term as governor is almost over (I realize that by the time he's done as governor, the movie will probably be near post-production, but they could at least fit in a cameo).

Anton Yelchin as a teenaged Kyle Reese? Enh. I think Kyle Reese was eliminated from the timeline after the events of the first movie,

?!?!

A grown man goes back in time and dies...therefore he can never be born?

You need to go back to 4th Dimensional Studies 101.

Bryce Dallas Howard as Kate Brewster? Meh.

I don't know why they don't have Arnie....his term as governor is almost over (I realize that by the time he's done as governor, the movie will probably be near post-production, but they could at least fit in a cameo).

I think it's nice that they're trying to push the franchise beyond "I'll be back," and all of the leather jacket jokes. It really has the potential to be quite brilliant, with or without Mr. Freeze. He made the franchise popular, but its true soul was in its concept.

The Terminator franchise's rules for time travel have not only never made the sense, they have never been consistent, and therefore not the point.

Which is why I fail to see why people even contend them in the first place. How the temporal physics of this franchise work isn't as important as the fact that they do.

I'm all for this movie. I hate T3 even back when it was just an idea. The only way they could continue the series after T2 is to set it in the future period, something highly refernced but never really explored. There's a lot of cool things you can do with whats given. Sure it will pretty much be a completely different movie but it still pretty cool. I'd just hope its a pretty clean break from the previous films, not relying too much on them. I like to see how it turns out

I'm all for this movie. I hate T3 even back when it was just an idea. The only way they could continue the series after T2 is to set it in the future period, something highly refernced but never really explored. There's a lot of cool things you can do with whats given. Sure it will pretty much be a completely different movie but it still pretty cool. I'd just hope its a pretty clean break from the previous films, not relying too much on them. I like to see how it turns out
I agree.

There was a time when I opposed this, but we haven't really seen much in film about a human-machine war have we? I mean there have been some random B-offerings, but the only other notable film I can recall involving man vs. machines was The Matrix, which chose to represent them as a terror that could only be stopped through subterfuge and a messianic Keanu.

Terminator essentially distinguishes itself by just being brawny and straightforward. No giant mecha, just a ragtag bunch of people stuck with an arm-pit planet infected by robotic anthrophobes, fighting a hopeless war.

I agree.

There was a time when I opposed this, but we haven't really seen much in film about a human-machine war have we? I mean there have been some random B-offerings, but the only other notable film I can recall involving man vs. machines was The Matrix, which chose to represent them as a terror that could only be stopped through subterfuge and a messianic Keanu.

Terminator essentially distinguishes itself by just being brawny and straightforward. No giant mecha, just a ragtag bunch of people stuck with an arm-pit planet infected by robotic anthrophobes, fighting a hopeless war.

Yep its really interesting. I remember seeing a game that took place in the future and the description said they resistance had to find their way to commandeer the terminator's time machine in order to send Reese back in time and I remember thinking, what an incredibly cool idea. I just looked it up, its called The Terminator: Dawn of Fate

?!?!

A grown man goes back in time and dies...therefore he can never be born?

You need to go back to 4th Dimensional Studies 101.

I thought I read somewhere that Kyle Reese turning up as a teenager in Salvation was an impossibility.

I lied.[/Schwarzenegger voice]

The Terminator franchise's rules for time travel have not only never made the sense, they have never been consistent, and therefore not the point.

Which is why I fail to see why people even contend them in the first place. How the temporal physics of this franchise work isn't as important as the fact that they do.

Yeah, I guess, and since this is sort of a reboot, I don't really have a problem with it.

I thought I read somewhere that Kyle Reese turning up as a teenager in Salvation was an impossibility.

I lied.[/Schwarzenegger voice]

Nope, Reese was sent back in time by Connor, so its very likely that a young Reese will be in the movie. Now going back in time and dying doesn't make you not exist, you just died in the past. If your younger self was killed than yeah, but not your older self.

Nope, Reese was sent back in time by Connor, so its very likely that a young Reese will be in the movie. Now going back in time and dying doesn't make you not exist, you just died in the past. If your younger self was killed than yeah, but not your older self.

Oh.:)

Nope, Reese was sent back in time by Connor, so its very likely that a young Reese will be in the movie. Now going back in time and dying doesn't make you not exist, you just died in the past.
Random learned that on Tralfamedore.

:lol:

Latest posts

Back