That Thread About Old Cartoons: "The kerium rush brought outlaws by the storm!"

I hated Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century. I remember I used to watch it every morning before school because there was nothing else to do... damnit. Now the theme tune is going to be stuck in my head.

I hated Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century. I remember I used to watch it every morning before school because there was nothing else to do... damnit. Now the theme tune is going to be stuck in my head.
Oh god, I could remember the theme song perfectly without even having to watch the video.

Yeah, I think that episode was the only one I ever bothered to watch.

I find it hilarious that as a kid, the idea of "Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century" never even once occurred to me as being completely and totally ludicrous. I just thought the show was boring.

Oh god, I could remember the theme song perfectly without even having to watch the video.

The theme song often comes into my head during the most boring periods at school. I don't know how or why, but it infuriates me.

**** you, Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century. You have corrupted me.

Soleil Moon Frye today? You'd hit it.

Yes. Many times. With the power of a million exploding suns.

Although I can't remember if she did the voice for the cartoon. The only thing from the show that I really remember was her furry magic friend named Glomer and the theme song.

[youtube]0lGnaIMCmU8[/youtube]

I'll be the first to admit that the cartoon itself including robodroid Watson and Lestrade with ****, was absolute balls.

However, the idea and the idea alone --- "Sherlock Holmes in the future, in the twenty ****ing second century" --- would be awesome if done right.

I kinda liked Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century.

It was weird, though, that it adapted Holmes stories, so basically 300 years in the future Holmes lived the exact same experiences he already had, only with ray guns.

I kinda liked Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century.

It was weird, though, that it adapted Holmes stories, so basically 300 years in the future Holmes lived the exact same experiences he already had, only with ray guns.
I would have watched every single episode of that show if it had ended with Sherlock Holmes figuring out that he hadn't been revived in the future and that he'd actually died and been cursed to a hell where he has to relive his life over and over. (With ray guns.)

Last edited:
The best kind of volting robots are the ones with personality.

And fight a malevolent bio-mechanical computer star with six eyes.
[youtube]gg_jOr0Hjvg[/youtube]

As my previosu post can attest, I was quite fond of Gargoyles.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ygrEVnrg3Ic&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ygrEVnrg3Ic&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Xanatos was awesome.

The best part about the late 80s animated anthology series Comic Strip will always be Tiger Sharks. It featured pirates, villainous shark men and an octopus lady, and that makes it super duper spectacularly cool in my book.

[youtube]nBzpF5e9gEM[/youtube]

Also, EVERYTHING I've ever posted in this thread I would pitch or dreamcast as a major motion picture summer blockbuster fantasma orgasma extravaganza.

Latest posts

Back