That Thread About Old Cartoons: "The kerium rush brought outlaws by the storm!"

Centurions is awesome. It's like they're walking USB hubs.

By the way, the point of this thread is to actually talk about the cartoons not just post Youtube links. :p

I spread my love with Youtube links.

There was one that I can't find, which featured MASK like vehicles, one that changed from one thing to another, and giant underground monsters. I remembered loving the show, and having several of their figures, but can't for the life of me remember the show's name, and it's driving me nuts.

I also loved Mighty Max because of the awesome writing the show had, but also the awesome voice acting skills of Tim Curry and Richard Moll.

A cartoon I use to love but it absolutely sucks now was Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors but still this song is the most awesome cartoon theme ever as far i'm concerned

[youtube]E6hxdVsy86g[/youtube]
If by "awesome" you mean "magnificently and unabashedly stupid in that triumphantly 80s way" then yes.

I ain't bashing, but it takes great balls to put "keep on rolling" as a refrain in a cartoon theme is even more inane than "mighty protectors that groove" (Mighty Orbots) or "feel the magic! hear the roar!" (ThunderCats)

SSJmole said:
Rocko's Modern Life
Rocko's Modern Life was awesome, and kind of disturbing too. I actually found it difficult to watch because of the things that Rocko and his friends deal with in 'modern life' struck me as so resonant that it became painful, even in a comedic context. For example, there's this episode where Hefer gets his brain melted by a widescreen TV and it just made me not want to watch TV for a LOOOONG time.

I remember really enjoying The Bots Master when I was younger. There was a robot for everything.

[youtube]LLKYOSiW7U4&feature=related[/youtube]

There was a robot that golfed, and that was it. He had one arm that was a golf club and his name was Bogey.

****ing SOLID.
A little part of me just died.

This would have been a great strategy game for the PC though. Sort of a mix of Mechwarrior, The Incredible Machine and The Castle of Dr. Brain or something.

The Even More Incredible Machine was the main game on my class's computers from 1st-4th grade and getting a turn to play it was sweeter than rare cacao beans to an Oompa-Loompa.

I've tried to download it many a time without success this past year or two.

But I digress.

The Even More Incredible Machine was the main game on my class's computers from 1st-4th grade and getting a turn to play it was sweeter than rare cacao beans to an Oompa-Loompa.

I've tried to download it many a time without success this past year or two.

But I digress.
Having failed to download it many times, perhaps you should consider downloading the original Incredible Machine, The Incredible Machine 2 or Sid & Al's Incredible Toons. One of them's bound to work.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mqf6N7_U2uY&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mqf6N7_U2uY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I'm a child of the 90s. Sue me.

Dexter's Labratory was one of the best cartoons ever, but after the Ego Trip movie, when they brought it back, it was totally sucktown.

Dexter's Labratory was one of the best cartoons ever, but after the Ego Trip movie, when they brought it back, it was totally sucktown.

I love the episode where he goes to Japan for a Power Rangers parody.

And everyone in Japan has a giant robot.

Silverhawks rock. I still love that putting your hand in front of your face, going down, and getting the mask on bit.
What also made Silverhawks awesome was that --- while the majority of cartoons featured annoying kid sidekicks who were incompetent and only existed to annoyingly tug at the shirts of the adult characters --- it featured a kid character who speaks entirely in math-tones.

His name was Copper Kidd and he could slice you up by throwing buzz saws at your face.

I can't believe nobody (myself included) has mentioned the amazingnessisity that is Pirates of Dark Water!?!?!?!?!

Another lesser known, yet awesome cartoon from my early youth was Shirt Tails. Which was basically adorable, woodland creatures solving crime while wearing "talking" shirts.

[youtube]L3FQGaqFJ7U[/youtube]

You know what? Here's a list of the cartoons that totally rooled teh skool when I was young:

Punky Brewster (GLOMER *****ES! WHAT!)
CBS Storybreak (EARLY SATURDAY MORNING AWESOMENESS!)
Rubik, The Amazing Cube (hooray for capitalizing on 80s crazes!)
Bucky O'Hare (They call him Bucky! Capt Bucky O'Hare! He goes where no other rabbit would dare!)
Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light
Popeye and Son
Paw Paws
Spider-Woman
Vehicle Voltron (screw lions)
Ultraman (the cartoon. Not the live action)

....and the rarest of all......Unico!!!

I have just given you all HOURS if not days of Youtube gold.

I think basically the high point of the franchise was, "Mandark! Now it's just you, me, me ,me and ME!"

Grocer Man said:
I love the episode where he goes to Japan for a Power Rangers parody.

And everyone in Japan has a giant robot.
Go Dexter Family Go!

To: Ultimate Houde
Re: Drive, Firefly, Wonderfalls and The Inside

We like to be consistent.

Latest posts

Back