That Thread About Work: "Custom kitchen deliveries...!"

I got snubbed by the deaf today.

I was right by the door as they came in, gave them my best Hi, anything I can help you find and they just walked on by. There's no way they didn't see me. Even if you can't hear me I had my arms open and my mouth moving while infront of them. They were just being rude.

*sigh!* If only girls could smell like Axe body spray.

I'd be weirded out by a girl who constantly smelled like Kilo or Phoenix.

Interestingly enough though, I started using their Dark Temptation spray before I left for the desert.....and you wouldn't believe how many different women just love that smell.

It was like they were tossing the poon at me! I was having to stiff arm these hoes off me like a Heisman Trophy pose.

I got snubbed by the deaf today.

I was right by the door as they came in, gave them my best Hi, anything I can help you find and they just walked on by. There's no way they didn't see me. Even if you can't hear me I had my arms open and my mouth moving while infront of them. They were just being rude.

I bet if you tackled them and began wailing on their face with your fists while screaming "Can you hear me now?" they'd hear you loud and clear.

I had mentioned on Twitter about being a magnet of people coming to me to complain. It's been happening at work where we have new schedules to go by with our classes and even though people know I'm not in charge of it, they all seem to have the need to come to me to ***** and whine about how they have a certain class three times a week and blah blah blah. No matter how much I clearly say I have no control over it, or that they just have to wait until a final schedule is made, they just keep at it.

Some of these people are good people, but they all seriously need to STFU, I really hate to say. I'm not in charge of scheduling so why the **** cry to me about it?! It is seriously beyond ridiculous.

I had mentioned on Twitter about being a magnet of people coming to me to complain. It's been happening at work where we have new schedules to go by with our classes and even though people know I'm not in charge of it, they all seem to have the need to come to me to ***** and whine about how they have a certain class three times a week and blah blah blah. No matter how much I clearly say I have no control over it, or that they just have to wait until a final schedule is made, they just keep at it.

Some of these people are good people, but they all seriously need to STFU, I really hate to say. I'm not in charge of scheduling so why the **** cry to me about it?! It is seriously beyond ridiculous.

Fight them.

So...you're coming to us...to complain about it...

:D

So some jerk at my work tried to off himself. We stopped him before he could do any damage. It's just a little off-putting watching an old man with a noose around his neck, trying to find a reasonable place to tie the other end of the noose. It's weird because it comes as the same time my friends mom tried to do the same....at the same time, just in another city. Life is precious, none of you forget that.

it is amazing/creepy/fascinating/disturbing/strange/awe striking/dumbfounding the way two similar acts happen with no conceivable connection between the two, expect for the act itself.

Life is precious, none of you forget that.

i'll drink to that [raises bottle]

just got a call that I will be moving to full time status at Disney on April 18. YAY!

I am absolutely, officially, unequivocally, 100000% jealous!

I would LOVE to work for Disney down at DisneyWorld in FL! I kid you not (...and I've told Ice and Houde this before in person so they can verify) if Disney could match my pay and benefits that the military provides, I would move to FL and be willing to walk around in a Donald Duck costume all day. Hell, I'd even go as far as letting them slap a cheesy wig and fez on my head and throw on MC Hammer parachute pants w/ a purple vest and call me Aladdin if it meant I could spend my days on the magical Disney compound! It's so ****ing perfect down there! PERFECT! It's a year-round vacation spot so the grounds are always kept in immaculate condition....and the idea of being able to get breakfast at Disney's Coronado Springs resort every day makes me hard.

Have I mentioned how much I love Disney?

I am just a grunt. I am a merchandise cast member. But now I am full time and can start getting benefits. I haven't had any insurance for almost 2 years now, so this is much needed.

So, I had taking last week off from work, and evidently I missed someone stripping in the street to nothing but her panties, then running up and down the street screaming.

Son of a *****.

So here's my story. I just finished a copy editing class, and am now free and clear to pursue work as such. I had the idea to contact comic publishers local to NY (basically the big two) to see if they even use copy editors, because HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE, but the problem is they make their contact info notoriously hard to track down. I guess this makes sense, seeing as otherwise everyone would be flooding them with their chicken scratchings, ideas for new characters, and complaints over One More Day. But for those of us who aren't crazy this is a problem. It would be nice if I could get some specific contact information to make sure I'm not sending my resume into some bureaucratic black hole.

1) Does anyone have any ideas how I can (sanely and without creeping anyone out) get this kind of info for either company? I've already called the main switchboard at Marvel and they were no help. Does anyone HAVE some of this info from either company? PM me if you do.

2) Does anyone out there actually have need of a copy editor? Or know someone who does? I'm not restricting myself to comics by any means. I just figured this would be a good place to posit the questions.

Last edited:
A question from a guy applying for his first job:

I am going to college in the fall and need to find a part-time job for the summer. I tried to get one last year (mostly going around to places like Blockbuster and Borders and such to ask for applications to fill out) but never got anything. Is there something I'm missing here?

Latest posts

Back