That Thread About Work: "Custom kitchen deliveries...!"

Got promoted today to a manager of an area which was kind of cool. Thinking tomorrow going to take Lyn out and celebrate for a bit since we are both off tomorrow.

Got promoted today to a manager of an area which was kind of cool. Thinking tomorrow going to take Lyn out and celebrate for a bit since we are both off tomorrow.

Before you walk into the restaurant, you should get your girlfriend to walk in first with a jambox and play some entrance music. Then you walk in spouting roman candles.

Before you walk into the restaurant, you should get your girlfriend to walk in first with a jambox and play some entrance music. Then you walk in spouting roman candles.

Why? We are just going to go out for drinks

I'm so very pissed off at work right now.

A guy that I work with just called my house tot alk him through fixing his ****up in our system.

I WORK AT A ****ING GAS STATION!

Its not hard to figure out anything there. theres a god damned butting labeled HELP!

HELP!

I mean for ****s sake! Hit that!

I don't know everything off hand. When i need to fix something I push the Help button and how to do its in there!

Don't call my house at midnight you dumb ****!

I used to pet- and babysit.

...it didn't go well.
This must be the reason you became vegetarian, I'll guess.

ShaggyMarco said:
I had a student last year who pretty much turned nothing in all year long. He came to me, near in tears, with a sob story about how he needed to graduate and that he'd get the papers to me soon. It was the last day of school. I told him I'd look at whatever he turned into me.

He e-mailed me a bunch of stuff. One of them was an analytical essay on Beowulf. I never assigned an analytical essay on Beowulf. They were supposed to write their own Epic Poem...but never an analytical essay.

This made me very suspicious, so I proceeded to google every essay he turned into me, found they all came from the same webpage, and then I sent him an e-mail about how offended I was that I would give him a last chance one-shot to pass, would stay late on my LAST DAY OF WORK for the year to grade his papers, and then all he would turn in would be copy-paste work that wasn't even answering the assignment!

So yes, that has happened.
I'm not sure I like being compared to a gun manufacturer... :lol:

But seriously, my take on it is this: Asstards will be asstards.

A half-decent student will rewrite the papers he buys to fit his style, spend an hour or two to edit and read it so he knows what he 'wrote' about and he won't look like a total dung head when his professor starts asking him about it, maybe even learn something from the homework he didn't do himself, and hopefully because he had other **** to deal with (because let's face it, we ALL find those days where no amount of all-nighters will resolve the combined stresses of academics, personal life and maybe a part-time job.)

An asstard who relies heavily on my company's services will be found out eventually or will have **** like this bite him in the end, and that's not karma (a concept I refuse to believe in) but an inevitable result of not learning how to cover your *** on matters like this.
Ultimate Houde said:
I hate how someone who you are training thinks that you are friends, and constantly asks you to hang out.
Sometimes that guy is me.
Ultimate Houde said:
Then sits in your cubicle, and stares at you.
Okay, that's not me.
Ultimate Houde said:
He's doing it right now.
I wasn't looking honest!
The average DNA sample we start with is 250ng in 5 ul, or 50ng/ul. Nanograms is ****ing small for all you ******* English Standard users. Seriously? Grow a ****ing pair and use the damn the metric system.
I live in a strange country where the English system is used for height and weight and that's about it. Everything else is metric. This boggles me.

Also, what a stupid bunch of asstards you work with.
Joe Kalicki said:
I'm surprised you didn't get fired for that e-mail.
I would be surprised if anyone would. Seriously, and that's not a question of righteous indignation so much as it is the fact that he's unquestionably in the right, and having been in the school system for 20 years, I've never heard of a professor or teacher get fired in these circumstances.
ShaggyMarco said:
Funny side-note: I had his younger brother the very next semester. He turned everything in on time and either never plagurized anything, or was so good at it I never caught him. Model student.
Siblings never fail to surprise me on how unlike they can be.
E said:
OMG I'm with you. I hate when that happens.

I have been recombinatering DNAs in my spare time and when stuff like this happens it makes me not want to do it any more. I was almost clsoe to a cure for broken DNAs but now I have to recombinatify all of my datas again.
:lol::lol::lol:

+1024 Ourchair Points.
moonmaster said:
I wish I could someday post a long complaint about my crazy, complex job and make everyone feel dumb.
You'll never get a job like that, Art School Confidential.
Hellsbuttmonkey said:
Productive day.

2 kids in senior staff detention, 1 in isolation, and 1 definite, possibly 6 excluded. And I only taught one lesson today.
That job sounds scary, whatever it is.

Well I am now going on week three waiting for a callback for my new job. They told me I had to wait three weeks so I'm expecting something to happen between now and next week. Then the jailing begins. :twisted:

* redirected from the Dreamcasting thread *

I work in a Gas Station right now man. I've got nothing but free brain power to work with all day.
In an ideal world, the economic compensation for quality "brain power" would be equivalent to the current price of gas. Discuss.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back