That Thread About Work: "Custom kitchen deliveries...!"

People keep coming in and saying things like "Everything will go back to normal in November" I broke out a little bit about increasing worldwide demand and regional instability with one person. They looked at me like a fish had spouted from my forehead and started singing. Then they left.

* redirected from the Dreamcasting thread *

In an ideal world, the economic compensation for quality "brain power" would be equivalent to the current price of gas. Discuss.
so uz get paided $3.50 4 a galonn uv ur branez juices??

To be serious: What's probably going to happen is that gas prices are going to keep rising until people can't reasonably continue buying it (I'm talking $6, $7 a gallon, maybe more.) and once people can't just grin and bear it and actually start refusing to buy gas, the whole "alternate fuel" thing will really get off the ground because suddenly rich people are losing money, and that means that the situation is actually deemed serious. Or stupid people will just keep paying out the *** and just expect a magical fairy to come along and fix everything.

This is one of the reasons why I'm glad I don't drive and kind of don't want to learn how.

Today was my 8th day in a row at work without a day off, and I'm also working tomorrow. Can't complain though, I could've said no to the extra shifts but it's worth the money.

The weekend was crazy. We were doing this free Webkinz(web-compatable stuffed animal) giveaway and the lineup was around the block. Some of the craziness was cute, but it's just plain awful to see an 11-year-old boy act so rudely to his mother and the girl behind the counter because he "has all the free webkinz already". I firmly believe there's no such thing as being "too old" for things you like, but when your mother is there behind you and you're making a scene because you've got the poodle already.... what a sad sight.

At least the High School Musical soundtrack had been taken out of the store's rotation and replaced with Jack Johnson's Curious George soundtrack. Mmmm... not bad.

We got in our newest shipment of toys today, and to my delight the Indiana Jones Lego started to appear. First I unpacked a motorcycle and sidecar set with Indy and Henry Sr and Nazis in pursuit, then the Well of Souls with Indy and Marion, then a set that appears to be a combination of the truck chase from Raiders and the Tank sequence from Crusade, and finally..... the Chachapoycan Temple from the very beginning of Raiders! 80 bucks(minus my awesome store discount), but I immeadiately put one on hold.

It's so awesome. How awesome? Removing the Idol actually triggers the traps, including the boulder. And it comes with Sapito, Belloq, and I think a Hovitos tribesman. That awesome. Can't wait to build/play with it, but I'll wait until I'm in hardcore Indy-mode when the movie is coming out.

In other news, another new CD we've got playing in the store's rotation is a collection fo songs from classic Disney movies. It includes both "What makes the red-man red?" and "We're off to fight the Injuins" from the animated Peter Pan. Yep..... yep...

The weekend was crazy. We were doing this free Webkinz(web-compatable stuffed animal) giveaway and the lineup was around the block.
Fifteen years ago, I never thought I'd ever see the day we'd be talking about web-compatible stuffed animals.

Planet-man said:
At least the High School Musical soundtrack had been taken out of the store's rotation and replaced with Jack Johnson's Curious George soundtrack. Mmmm... not bad.
That's cool. I don't care much for Jack Johnson all that much, but that's WAY better than High School Musical.

Zombipanda said:
I've decided not having a real job is the greatest thing ever.

Screw all you stiffs.
This is a work thread, not a nine to five job thread. You can still talk about work, even if you're a freelancer or a prostitute.

That's cool. I don't care much for Jack Johnson all that much, but that's WAY better than High School Musical.
Don't let moony hear you say that. He's got a mad on for that soundtrack.

I had to interview for my own job today. Some of my coworkers suck so bad that they're cleaning house and making us all re-interview. I've mentioned as much elsewhere I believe. Anyway it went great. The interview ended with, "I'm graduating so I won't be in charge of hiring next year's staff, but I'm going to give you a strong recommendation. You're punctual, professional, and you pick up extra shifts. You do good work here."

Booyah.

I forgot to shave today and then I forgot my work uniform shirt at home.
Did you have a total Alan Moore beard by the end of the day, magical powers and all?
I gave twenty blowjobs during day shift.

It was a good day.
I make my living selling mouth wash to Zombipanda.
I make my living getting blowjobs from Zombipanda, secretly filming it, and putting it on the internet.
That soundtrack is crap.

Except, of course, for BET ON IT!!

[youtube]omCFKGhe5j8[/youtube]

I had to interview for my own job today. Some of my coworkers suck so bad that they're cleaning house and making us all re-interview. I've mentioned as much elsewhere I believe. Anyway it went great. The interview ended with, "I'm graduating so I won't be in charge of hiring next year's staff, but I'm going to give you a strong recommendation. You're punctual, professional, and you pick up extra shifts. You do good work here."

Booyah.

Keep swiping those cards and reaching for the stars!

I just got a job with Disney, one I have fought tooth and nail for.

I have been fighting since August...it was much needed, as I was moving to Florida in June whether I had a job or not.

Now i can move more relaxed.

Last edited:
I just got a job with Disney, one I have fought tooth and nail for.

I have been fighting since August...it was much needed, as I was moving to Florida in June whether I had a job or not.

Now i can move more relaxed.

What are ya gonna do?

What are ya gonna do?

I should have said that in the beginning, I will be a Florida Tourism Sales Professional Intern. I am told that means that i will dry around to Orlando and selling Disney to the guests of the hotel trying to convince them to travel to the Resort.

Latest posts

Back