The All About Comic Book Movies Thread

Yeah. I want the opening of Captain America showing black and white footage of the initial super soldier tests along the credits. Real grainy and not very good quality, but we can still tell it's Steve Rogers. The title would then appear and then we'd just cut straight to World War II and it would be ****ing insane. Bullets, blood and mud everywhere. Bombs going off. And then we see Captain America. I would love it.

They need, need, need to recreate the scene where he flies a plane through the army instillation, does a backfilp out then lands in a hail of bullets and sprints towards dozens of Nazis tossing the triangle shield around and sniping guys from a hundred meters away. And then the nuclear bomb disarming of course. How could they not do this?

They need, need, need to recreate the scene where he flies a plane through the army instillation, does a backfilp out then lands in a hail of bullets and sprints towards dozens of Nazis tossing the triangle shield around and sniping guys from a hundred meters away. And then the nuclear bomb disarming of course. How could they not do this?

Definitely. In fact, I want the WWII segments of the Captain America movie to look like the opening of The Ultimates. Even with the real Bucky, just as a normal soldier.

I actually hope Brubaker and Millar help with the plotting of the Captain America movie.

Definitely. In fact, I want the WWII segments of the Captain America movie to look like the opening of The Ultimates. Even with the real Bucky, just as a normal soldier.

I actually hope Brubaker and Millar help with the plotting of the Captain America movie.

True, but I wouldn't mind having Bucky even be kind of a partner that goes along with him on black ops missions and does all the dirty work. Speaking of which, do you think Cap should be as brutal in the Ultimates, what with using guns and snapping guys necks or should he be more like 616:? Cap?

True, but I wouldn't mind having Bucky even be kind of a partner that goes along with him on black ops missions and does all the dirty work. Speaking of which, do you think Cap should be as brutal in the Ultimates, what with using guns and snapping guys necks or should he be more like 616:? Cap?

I think somewhere in between. He is a soldier, not a hero. Maybe he should have to adjust in the modern world, where it is like he's the opposite. He could be tempting to snap the Red Skull's neck (I am presuming the Red Skull will be the villain and will appear in the modern day) but doesn't.

I also hope Red Skull shoots Bucky during WW2 which leads to the final confrontation. Cap can choose to go after Skull and get his revenge or stop the missile. He stops the missile, which involves him being frozen...

****. If they screw this movie up, I will be so pissed. It could be such a brilliant film.

I think somewhere in between. He is a soldier, not a hero. Maybe he should have to adjust in the modern world, where it is like he's the opposite. He could be tempting to snap the Red Skull's neck (I am presuming the Red Skull will be the villain and will appear in the modern day) but doesn't.

I agree, I don't want him as brutal as snapping necks, but using firearms is fine with me.

Bass' Morgan Freeman Flash cast was the best thing ever.

And Robert Redford Lantern, and Mickey Rourke Wildcat, and all his other casts that round.

Dude, you're two generations behind.

I've already got the R0808008-rayz.

Supergirl is awesome in that format.
Kewlz. The only Helen Slater Movie I've seen in teh b00bz-rayz is "The Legend of Billie Jean".
I'd watch it if her boobs were really big.
They would be.

If you watch it in teh b00bz-rayz.

You need to upgrade, man.
I'm going to divert subjects because the Supergirl talk is getting boring. What do you guys think about a Justice Society movie? With Flash, GL, Dr. Fate and Wildcat acting as the elder statesmen and Power Girl, Hourman, Mr. Teriffic, Stargirl and Sandman as the modern team? All of them against Vandal Savage would make a sufficiently awesome movie in my opinion.
I don't know, I think they should introduce Supergirl into the Justice Society movie because then she would work if she was only done right.

Okay...

What is she 'about', then? So far, all I can tell is that she's just any old boring teenage girl that is sickly and anorexic in some stories and voluptuously curvy in others. The most interesting thing I've ever seen her do is hit on Hal Jordan.

Her current version needs some fleshing out.

Not if you imagine Bass saying Joe's posts in his Joe voice.

Bwhahahahaha.

Rubbish!

I made the voice first!

But Bass did it better!

Last edited:
Bottom line, if Supergirl is the strong, well-developed, can-stand-on-her-own, Superman-symbol-is-just-a-superficiality character her fans say she is...... there's no reason she can't be revamped as a character that has nothing to do with Superman, thus eliminating my gripe with her whole thing.

But if they made a movie like that, good or otherwise, we'd hear nothing but *****ing because they'd messed with those superficial factors. I don't get it. If you love her so much, wouldn't you PREFER if she finally broke away from the "just another Superman cash-in" stereotype and actually became her own icon?

Latest posts

Back