The All About Comic Book Movies Thread

For the record, I'd rather talk Watchmen here because I'm trying to avoid as much early info, photos, details, etc. as possible before I see the film, and the thread for the spec on the movie itself is full of that stuff. It's the all about comic book movies thread anyway, so isn't that okay?

...which you are basing off nothing other than a ridiculous ideal that you should oppose this movie being made because Alan Moore doesn't like it. It's not even out yet and you have no idea how it will be.

I'm basing the entire concept of being worried a favourite book-to-film adaptation dumbing-down and not doing justice off of that ideal?

Of course I have no idea how it will be. All I said was that I am afraid of this happening, not that it will. I said in the same post that I have high hopes for it.

Believe me, I completely agree with you when it comes to the whole "unfilmable" and "Alan Moore knows it won't work" crap, and I've argued against all that a dozen times on this board. I don't think Rorschach will get ruined for me because Alan Moore is overly stubborn about this stuff or films are made by accountants or whatever. I'm just worried he will because it happens sometimes. It's just odds.

I was watching Lion King 3 (lion king 1 1/2) and I was thinking they need to do something like this for a comic movie sequel. But do it more serious. Here is an example :

Green Goblin

Focus on Norman's side of the first film. You can reuse some stuff from the film too e.g end fight. But fill in some blanks that 2 and 3 created. So we see how Norman become more obsessed with getting the contract as in the first he already was about to loose it so why not expand that and re shoot the origin.

Then go in to stuff like :
  • Setting up his goblin hide outs
  • Deciding against the glider harry had (after all Harry found it in a goblin base)
  • See him after one battle with Spider-man like when his glider was out of control at parade, crash in his house and be found by the butter.
  • re-shoot the bridge scene and mix it with original footage to show Spider-man not as a hero but a bad guy to Norman.
  • We can see him battle more with the voices like he did with mask till his decent into complete madness. Make it a huge internal struggle.

Call it something like Spider-man 1.5 : Goblin's tale.

They have made good guys bad in films before e.g any gangster film with cops in. Why not a supervillain? Sure it'd be direct to dvd or even do it direct to dvd animated if they want to change how stuff looked.

Maybe a bad idea but I think that could be a really fun idea.

Vin as Namor, I can see. Awhile back I was a big proponent of the idea of Duane "The Rock" Johnson to play the character. Vin seems like he has a better physique for the character, skinny-buff instead of potatoman. Also Duane would ham it up, Vin can do serious, it doesn't work but it doesn't always appear that he's doing a line.

But Vin as Doom? yeah no way, not gonna happen.

Now Daniel Craig as Namor on the other hand.....

Vin as Namor, I can see. Awhile back I was a big proponent of the idea of Duane "The Rock" Johnson to play the character. Vin seems like he has a better physique for the character, skinny-buff instead of potatoman. Also Duane would ham it up, Vin can do serious, it doesn't work but it doesn't always appear that he's doing a line.

But Vin as Doom? yeah no way, not gonna happen.

Now Daniel Craig as Namor on the other hand.....

If an action star is going to play Namor, I'd prefer to see Jason Statham.

In my Namor pitch, Vin Diesel IS Namor.

Namor is the Riddick of the sea.

Cold and distant, and totally judgmental of all us stupid humans.

I like women with curves and there doesn't seem to be any in the world anymore.

Megan Fox should be delegated to sitting in a car, sweating, and that's about it.

Things must be very difficult for you since Dakota Fanning started being not 10.
Please.

Dakota Fanning has never been on my hot list.

I may be a mock pedophile, but I take my pedo hot list seriously.

Latest posts

Back