The All About Comic Book Movies Thread

anyone watch the new planet hulk movie put out by liongate fiilms? i couldn't find a thread for this....

the concept is there, the execution is horrible...... they should have made this a 2 parts

use it or lose it

imdb

Last edited:
They need to be reeeeeeal careful about casting though, because plenty of people are going to hate that they're doing it, at least at first.

I like the idea of Joseph Gordon-Levitt or Daniel Day-Lewis.

Doom is intrested in an Efron movie??. Isn't that the 8th sign of the apocalypse?.. Yes I know it's a comic book movie. Based on a comic book that he obvious must like to stomach Efron, but still.

If you look past the whole High School Musical thing...Efron is actually an entertaining actor. He was perfect as Link in Hairspray...yet another musical. But if you actually watch 17 Again, he shows a natural charm and screen presence much akin to John Travolta. I've only seen previews of his Me and Orson Welles movie, but it looks pretty good.

So the idea of an actor with natural talent trying to break out of a stereotypical role isn't that big a stretch. What if Tom Hanks never tried to do anything that wasn't like Bossom Buddies or Big?

Couple that idea with a film based on a Bendis book and an actual script by him....and you've got an intriguing project.

Last edited:
He was perfect as Link in Hairspray...

I think the question that really needs answering though, is, would he be perfect as Linc in The Mod Squad?

So the idea of an actor with natural talent trying to break out of a stereotypical role isn't that big a stretch. What if Tom Hanks never tried to do anything that wasn't like Bossom Buddies or Big?
[/QUOTE]

Here here. Plenty of great actors start in banal roles. I'm not a big Tom Hanks fan but I agree completely.

Nobody can make good with The Mod Squad.

Not even Hawk?
Avery_Brooks.jpg

Bah. Everyone knows Sammy L. is a third string Avery Brooks.

Wow. There are so many things wrong with that statement.

Did Avery Brooks get eaten by a shark? Did Avery Brooks ever chain drugged-out Christina Ricci to his wall? Did Avery Brooks ever chase snakes off a MF'in plane? Did Avery Brooks get his own purple lightsaber and force-thrown out the window by Emo Vader?

I think not.

Last edited:
Does Avery Brooks have a wallet with the words Bad Mother****er on it?

Latest posts

Back