The All About Comic Book Movies Thread

Yeah, Nick Cave's Gladiator sequel sounds amazing. I really want to read it.

And I think Matthew Vaughn wanted to do American Jesus. :)

Holy ****, is that actually the premise of "Nemesis"? I hadn't paid any attention to it. Is Millar just going to keep endlessly recycling his own ideas? His next series will be about a group of ultra realistic teenage outcasts who become a team of government sponsored superheroes except they're actually supervillains. He has not told another person about it yet but the screen rights have already been bought by 20th Century Fox.

I must say though,
So nice to see Hollywood finally tackling the comic book genre.
this is my favorite internet comment ever.

Remember that comic book. What was it??... It only had like two issues so far... It was by Mark Millar.... Oh yeah, Nemesis.

Well apparently Fox has acquired screen rights to do this as a Movie.

Read more here: http://www.deadline.com/2010/08/fox-and-tony-scott-plot-movie-version-of-mark-millars-nemesis/

Tell me what the number of issues that have been released so far has to do with anything? Because your post seems to be ridiculing the idea of a movie been made without having the entire storyline out there and known, which would of course be ridiculous. It would be equally ridiculous to assume that what has been released comprises the entirety of the story created so far, and that a pitch could only have been made based on those two issues.

Especially since I remember Millar mentioning before Nemesis was even out that it was already to be adapted into a movie.

Last edited:
Also Kick Ass was green lit before the first issue came out. Waiting for issue 2 seems like forever for Millar

Tell me what the number of issues that have been released so far has to do with anything? Because your post seems to be ridiculing the idea of a movie been made without having the entire storyline out there and known, which would of course be ridiculous. It would be equally ridiculous to assume that what has been released comprises the entirety of the story created so far, and that a pitch could only have been made based on those two issues.

Especially since I remember Millar mentioning before Nemesis was even out that it was already to be adapted into a movie.

Ok, I hadn't heard about Millar mentioning that Nemesis was to be adapted into a movie before the comic was even out. But the reason I came off like I did, is it seem like Hollywood is green lighting everything and anything. Without checking to see if there is even a market for it. It seems their just green lighting purely to cash in on the Name and not the product.

Writing for the big screen is all Millar realy does these days.

More power to him. Seriously - this is something to criticize him for? Being successful? :lol:

It seems their just green lighting purely to cash in on the Name and not the product.

Yes, that is something completely new that Hollywood has just started doing.

Without checking to see if there is even a market for it.

Picture this - you work for a film studio. Mark Millar comes to you with a script having just created a well-reviewed film that was pretty successful at the box office. You're going to turn him down? Don't be ridiculous. To suggest that there isn't at least precedent for success with his properties, not to mention a market for it, is naive.

It's typical bandwagon jumping. It's cool to hate Mark Millar right now because he's not indie enough any more. He's gotten too successful and there's little that geeks hate more than that.

Picture this - you work for a film studio. Mark Millar comes to you with a script having just created a well-reviewed film that was pretty successful at the box office. You're going to turn him down? Don't be ridiculous. To suggest that there isn't at least precedent for success with his properties, not to mention a market for it, is naive.

It's typical bandwagon jumping. It's cool to hate Mark Millar right now because he's not indie enough any more. He's gotten too successful and there's little that geeks hate more than that.

Actually I understand the Millar part, with the whole pretty successful at the box office with his last movie thing. I'm talking over all. The next what? 5-6 years are filled with prequels, sequels, prequels and sequels to movies where the original movie hasn't been out in decades, reboots on movies that sucked the first time around, reboots on movie that were successful the first time around, movies based on books, movies based on comic books, movies based on old T.V. shows, movies based on current T.V. shows, movies based on toy lines, movies based on video games, and movies based on board games. Oh yeah, and I almost forgot parody movies.

Kinda surprised no one mentioned it, or started a thread. Ellis/Hamner's RED.

[video=youtube;e_ZjBJv-rA0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_ZjBJv-rA0[/video]

Latest posts

Back