The All About Comic Book Movies Thread

More DC Superhero movies and shows coming soon

[Warner Brothers CEO Barry] Meyer relayed the story of ... how DC was going to play a much bigger role at the film studio going forward...

There will be an organizational announcement next week, then in about a month Warner Bros. will unveil a spread sheet detailing how the various superheroes will be reintroduced to consumers, and on more than just feature film platforms.

Meyer said Warner Bros. has been looking after DC in a "custodial way," but it's now time to get "much more entrepreneurial."
The superheroes of DC, though, may not be enough to make up for the loss of "Harry Potter" after the final installment of that movie franchise is released July 15.

Then again, maybe not...

DC Entertainment President Diane Nelson:
Mr Meyer, by his own admission, was misquoted, so we're not going to be making that announcement in the next month, but we will be discussing a lot of our content plans before the end of the year. It won't necessarily be exhaustive, and it will not be limited to a theatrical slate, but at the same time that we've been looking carefully at the organization, everyone's been working very hard to keep the business moving in the direction we want – everyone in particular being Geoff Johns who has a lot of great stuff with our divisions. So, you will hear more about that before the end of the year.

Well I always lose interest in something when it immediately boosted as This Awesome thing + This Awesome thing + A mediocre thing that's popular (CSI) It just seems like their trying to copy something. Also I think Flash should be a more fun movie that a serious silience of the lamb/se7en thing

Did anyone else see Rainn Wilson and his clip from Super at the Scream Awards? The concept of a movie about Dwight actually going out and doing all the insane violent action hero stuff he speculates about on The Office could end up being a riot.

Edit: Here's the clip. It's low-quality and out of synch, but it's the only one I could find right now.
[video=youtube;LdyncX4suVc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdyncX4suVc[/video]

Last edited:
According to IESB.net. Disney wants the rights back from both Fox and Sony for The X-Men, Daredevil, Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four movies.

On paper, this seems like a fairly good idea.

This could end up meaning no Wolverine sequel (Jackman's pretty tight with Fox) though and it could stop Marc Webb's Spider-Man film before it even starts production, as well. Or maybe none of that will happen.

In regards to the Punisher, I remember recently reading that somewhere high up (Fiege, I think) said they want the Punisher back too. They want to tell more of a "Frank Castle than a Punisher story", whatever that means.

Latest posts

Back