The All About Comic Book Movies Thread

Honestly, it's not like Favreau's going far, since he's not doing IM3, so he can do Haunted Mansion for Disney. The latter movie makes me more curious than Favreau taking over, since it was originally going to be slated for Guillermo del Toro to do, so what's del Toro moving to instead. I know he's working on his game inSANE, but that's scheduled for 2013, and he's going to produce and co-write the Hulk TV series. Does this mean, he and Cameron are moving forward on At the Mountains of Madness???

It's not Haunted Mansion, he's doing "Magic Kingdom" which is basically Night in the Museum in Disney World where they end up actually in the Magic Kingdom.

It's not Haunted Mansion, he's doing "Magic Kingdom" which is basically Night in the Museum in Disney World where they end up actually in the Magic Kingdom.

Sorry, most sites are saying Haunted Mansion, which is where I got confused.

He's attached to me right now.

Pustulio!

pustulio.gif

I was just thinking about when Guillermo Del Toro was talking about doing a Dr. Strange movie with a script by Neil Gaiman

and I figured out the last part that would finish off that trifecta of awesome, David Bowie as Dr. Strange!

It's a shame that Del Toro probably isn't going to be doing this after all, but to be honest when he talked about ditching the Cloak of Levitation

Bold move after Twilight: Eclipse, but I'll let the Internet say that for me. Slade seems to have done other stuff (30 Days of Night) that makes him more qualified.

I didn't even mind the 2003 Daredevil film when it came out. I even thought Affleck, Farrell and Clarke-Duncan were great. I haven't seen it in years though, and I was 13 when it came out. I haven't even seen the Director's Cut. Must do something about that.

It's going to be difficult for them to make a Daredevil film that doesn't come across as a shabby Batman knock-off, which the last one kind of did at the best of times.

Last edited:
I still say they should do a requel here instead of a reboot. As bad as the last one was (and The Director's cut was much better, still not great) it left us at a great story for the next one. Kingpin KNOWS who daredevil is. And in light of recent Daredevil stories from the past few years that has infinitely more potential than hearing his origin again.

I would rather see a Batman/Superman film first and have that lead into a Justice League film.

I agreed. I think that this could be good though. Cavill and Reynolds are good starts. I wonder if the "reinvention" is going to be a literal reboot that's more in line with the rest of the DC Universe, or if it's just a different take on the character that is in keeping with the story of the Nolan films? Interesting.

Latest posts

Back