The All About Comic Book Movies Thread

Fox wants to extend deal for Daredevil; willing to let Marvel use characters from Fantastic Four, including Silver Surfer & Galactus.

Sources state Marvel would be willing to give Fox more time to get its "Daredevil" reboot off the ground in exchange for the rights to use characters from the "Fantastic Four" cast of characters, including Galactus and the Silver Surfer, who would no doubt play a huge role in future Marvel films considering the current direction of its "Phase Two" slate of movies.

And now....

Alternative Report Says Fox Won't Trade Fantastic Four Villains With Marvel, Might Just Let Daredevil Rights Lapse

Ice said:

I'm very pleased with this news. Glad Marvel did the smart thing and shelled out enough money and creative control (I'm sure that was a stipulation on Whedon's part, and rightfully so after the critical and financial success of the first one) to bring him back. I hope he takes the route he mentioned previously of it being a smaller, more personal and character focused tale as opposed to the alien invasion approach of the first. That worked great, but a different approach for the second ensures they won't proverbially beat the dead horse. Of course the Thanos mid credit appearance and the Guardians of the Galaxy film might dictate something different for the second, but maybe they'll hold off on that till the inevitable third Avengers movie. I'd prefer an Empire Strikes Back tone for the second, but we'll see.

Also interesting he'll play a part in the Marvel TV series. It's not confirmed it's the MCU related show, but it's pretty likely. I look forward to hearing more about both.

Okay, I guess I just liked First Class a whole lot better than the other three and hoped Vaughn would be allowed to pursue his vision with them. But I guess if they're planning to continue the original franchise (As Stewart's statement makes it seem) then they need someone to give the whole thing a vision and direction so Brett Ratner doesn't screw it up.

Although, maybe Xavier and the others will just be in days of future past.

Okay, I guess I just liked First Class a whole lot better than the other three and hoped Vaughn would be allowed to pursue his vision with them.

First Class was a better X-Men movie than I would have believed possible and I wish they would've stuck with that, too.

I haven't read any of the other Millar X-books but I never cared for his Ultimate X-Men and if that's what we have to look forward to then this announcement is a disappointment.

On the flip side, I absolutely loved his Fantastic Four and while there's no way his particular story is movie adaptable it shows me that he's got a solid grip on that book so...who knows.

Oh, somehow I missed that he was going to be over Fantastic Four as well. I'm more okay with that, simply b/c Fox hasn't made any good FF movies so there is nothing for Millar to ruin.

I don't know, maybe he'll do a good job with both FF & X-Men but I can't shake the feeling that he's going to try to make everything "awesome!" in standard Mark Millar style, and that worries me.

Since the mods closed the Amazing Spider-Man: Movie thread and I don't feel like starting a new one. here's a bunch of deleted scenes from ASM that they should have kept.

[video=youtube;erEGtAEhbRE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erEGtAEhbRE&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

the watcher said:
Since the mods closed the Amazing Spider-Man: Movie thread and I don't feel like starting a new one.

I'd ask if you realized it was the news thread that was closed an not then actual discussion thread, but I already know the answer to that.

I'd ask if you realized it was the news thread that was closed an not then actual discussion thread, but I already know the answer to that.

I realize that now... I was in a hurry. I had to run up to Walgreens real fast. I just looked for the first ASM thread I could find.

Anyways, I hope they come out with an extended cut for this movie.

Also, how are things on your side of the country? A friend of mine just posted some pics of the newark substation being flooded.

Last edited:
CBR:

Entertainment Weekly reports the Marvel Phase One boxset is back on track for production following the legal dispute over the case the Blu-rays and glowing Tesseract cube are housed in. However, it seems as though the delay has allowed for some awesome new bonus features to be included, such as a cut ending for "Thor" and some teases on what to expect in Marvel Studios' Phase Two of its films. Head honcho Kevin Feige stated there will be a few tidbits for the next five films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe including "footage, concept art and a few new surprises. Also, look for a nod to 'Iron Man 3' in the Tony Stark S.H.I.E.L.D. file in the box set."

Soon the Cosmic Cube will me mine! ALL MINE! MWUAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :twisted:

Last edited:
Somewhere, in an alternate universe, WB hired Millar to promote their super hero movies. In that reality, he thinks Flash's "door handles" are the best things in comic books.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back