The All About Comic Book Movies Thread

I wish...

10245286_784556684934471_42078433037933281_n.jpg

According to this site, Marvel has the rights to Namor. If that's true, I want to see something with the Invaders done!

That's unexpected. It's also good news. I could see them introducing Namor in flashbacks to WWII with Cap and the Howling Commandoes in Cap 3, encountering Namor, coming into inevitable conflict, then perhaps teaming up in present day to take on a mutual foe.

Fan casting of Luke Evans as Namor, which I like:

10255019_917804301569476_6826395283524463704_n.jpg

Also, Kevin Feige was asked in an IGN interview if Universal/Legendary Pictures were going to make a Namor movie, which he said no. Then he was asked if he would make one, which he said:

"Yes, but it's slightly more complicated than that. Let's put it this way – there are entanglements that make it less easy. There are older contracts that still involve other parties that mean we need to work things out before we move forward on it. As opposed to an Iron Man or any of the Avengers or any of the other Marvel characters where we could just put them in."

I laughed when Gwen died and Peter was like "stay with me!". Such a bad line to have there when it was pretty clear she was dead. Anyway, my buddy said he was really into the scene (somehow the web turning into a hand didn't take him out) until Peter said that and then he started laughing.

I agree. He fits Black Adam. Captain Marvel? Not so much...

I can see him as Captain Marvel. Why don't you think he fits? Granted, I don't know a ton about the character, but I've always gotten a bit of a childish sense of humor from The Rock that I think feels right.

I can see him as Captain Marvel. Why don't you think he fits? Granted, I don't know a ton about the character, but I've always gotten a bit of a childish sense of humor from The Rock that I think feels right.
He's a better fit for Black Adam. He can better match the attitude and characteristics for him than Captain Marvel. He wouldn't fit CM at all -- it'd just seem odd, off and wrong. The only thing he'd have going for Captain Marvel is the physique.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back