The All About Comics Thread 4: Gemini Loves Crappy Variant Covers

BKV said:
"For me there will always be a next comics project," said Vaughan simply. "I do know what my next project's going to be. I can't talk about it just yet, which I know is annoying and creators should probably just keep their mouths shut until they are ready to go but definitely—I'm not leaving comics. I have some other cool stuff happening outside of comics additionally but I will always hopefully be first and foremost a comic book writer. I think before the final issue of Ex Machina comes out, I'll be able to announce what comes out, so stay tuned I guess is what I can say for now."

From an interview with Newsarama about Escapists TPB/Leaving LOST.

The Escapists was awesome.

I need more BKV comics.

Did anyone read the first issue of the new Strange mini? I really liked it, basically a mostly powerless Stephen Strange has to save a baseball team being menaced by demons. I really liked the art by Emma Rios, especially her scenes with the baseball playing demons.

I also enjoyed it. Which is like the first time I ever enjoyed Doctor Strange.

The Brian K Vaughan miniseries was pretty good. And I thought Bendis did well with him in New Avengers.

It was decent. Baseball means nothing to me so a whole issue about a game of magical baseball was kind of boring. I don't know if I will read the rest of the mini.

The Brian K Vaughan miniseries was pretty good. And I thought Bendis did well with him in New Avengers.

I found the BKV mini boring and he was pretty good in New Avengers, but he seems mored of a plot device then a character like he usually is.

Last edited:
I loved Invincible this week!
conquest escaping this soon?
**** yeah. Loved Cecils reaction. I wonder how long it will take him to tell Mark.

I like the ending! I realy hope its Rex's and not marks.

Eh. Vaughan's mini was alright. I don't think anyone's gotten the character right since the good old Steranko days. I guess psychedelica hasn't been in vogue for a good long time, but I'd like to see something that draws on the old Strange Tales style.

A Darkstalkers mini based on the fighting series. Man.... I hope this is an indication Capcom is making a new Darkstalkers built on the SFIV engine.

Last edited:
A Darkstalkers mini based on the fighting series. Man.... I hope this is an indication Capcom is making a new Darkstalkers built on the SFIV engine.

YES!

Udon's been teasing a possible Darkstalkers series continuation for a while now, glad to see they're following up on it. As for the possibilities for a new game with the SFIV engine, I saw an interview on IGN with one of the SFIV creators talking about SFIV: Turbo, and he mentioned that he would love to do a Darstalkers game with that engine, but Capcom isn't sure how well it would sell. So the possibility is there at least.

YES!

Udon's been teasing a possible Darkstalkers series continuation for a while now, glad to see they're following up on it. As for the possibilities for a new game with the SFIV engine, I saw an interview on IGN with one of the SFIV creators talking about SFIV: Turbo, and he mentioned that he would love to do a Darstalkers game with that engine, but Capcom isn't sure how well it would sell. So the possibility is there at least.

Man, I'd die if Capcom found a way to work Darkstalkers, Street Fighter, and MvC as complementary franchises with the capacity to play the different games against each other.

1259788313.jpg

So, Dark Avengers Annual #1 was surprisingly good, Bendis must have finally gotten around to reading Marvel Boy, or atleast read Noh's Wiki page. Bachalo kicked ass, a criminally underrated artist he is.

But when it comes to Noh's new uh, power-set/costume, I'm kinda pissed

I'd really rather he didn't become your typical cosmic hero, with flight/energy powers, he works so much better with his crazy high tech Kree weaponry and with the wicked kinetic chase scenes that inevitably break out when he's around.

Also his new costume, while it is a neat look, looks almost like something out of Invincible, but it really doesn't say "Noh-Varr" at all. It took me a couple seconds to get that it was him in that costume.

Latest posts

Back