The All About Comics Thread 5: Comic Books Ate My Paycheck

It's so great. When I got it I bought from the least expensive place at the time - Walmart. When it arrived the inside binding was ripped the whole length down the book. I was so ticked. With Amazon I would have been able to send it back and get a replacement.

I hate Walmart.

Wow, that sucks.

Hey, the cover of one of my larger graphic novels (Essential Daredevil Vol. 1) came off yesterday. Nothing ripped, the glue that was holding the cover on just didn't hold it on the pages. The insides are in one piece and the cover is in one piece. Any ideas of the best way to reattach it? Would just regular glue work?

Also, Daredevil was SUPER corny in the 60s.

Hey, the cover of one of my larger graphic novels (Essential Daredevil Vol. 1) came off yesterday. Nothing ripped, the glue that was holding the cover on just didn't hold it on the pages. The insides are in one piece and the cover is in one piece. Any ideas of the best way to reattach it? Would just regular glue work?

Also, Daredevil was SUPER corny in the 60s.

I don't know off hand, but try searching for book binding repair.

I'm really enjoying Usagi. I've read the fantagraphic collection and I'm part way through the second dark horse omnibus now. I have a question about the graphic novel Yokai. Is it in continuity? And if so, where does it fit in the chronology? At what point should I read it?
I found out a little while ago that Yokai, Senso, and Space Usagi are being released together in a saga omnibus like the rest of the comics. I'm excited about that!

Also, I just found out about this coming out in July:
TMNT-Usagi-cvr-copy.jpg

The one and only Usagi meets the IDW Turtles! This will be amazing! I think I would have preferred for him to meet the Mirage turtles again, but I love the IDW TMNT stuff, so this works too.

I found out a little while ago that Yokai, Senso, and Space Usagi are being released together in a saga omnibus like the rest of the comics. I'm excited about that!

Also, I just found out about this coming out in July:
TMNT-Usagi-cvr-copy.jpg

The one and only Usagi meets the IDW Turtles! This will be amazing! I think I would have preferred for him to meet the Mirage turtles again, but I love the IDW TMNT stuff, so this works too.

And this

[video=youtube;uzdqP5eccEM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzdqP5eccEM[/video]

I'm really enjoying Usagi. I've read the fantagraphic collection and I'm part way through the second dark horse omnibus now. I have a question about the graphic novel Yokai. Is it in continuity? And if so, where does it fit in the chronology? At what point should I read it?

And this

[video=youtube;uzdqP5eccEM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzdqP5eccEM[/video]

Cool, has Usagi been on the show before? He was in the 2003 show a few times and those episodes were some of my favourites.

Cool, has Usagi been on the show before? He was in the 2003 show a few times and those episodes were some of my favourites.

He has not. I also just noticed that the next episode to air is written by Kevin Eastman himself which makes it his second ever TMNT cartoon. His first was this short with Paul Jenkins.

[video=youtube;VGACrpNOjtk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGACrpNOjtk[/video]

I have absolutely nothing against Deadpool, I love his ongoing that Way's got going

I'm just not a fan of this move Marvel's got going with the trade-ins, or the Deadpool variant month thats coming in february, also DP:MwaM isn't any good, and DP:TU's only good issue was the first one

It just seems to be too much too fast

I think if you listed the comics that cost you a lot would be good maybe you have and I've not see the post

I think the most costly but worth it graphic novel has to be From Hell its absolutely amazing thing to read I spent so long trying to buy it but one place wanted £12,000 for it online just paper back edition in a private book shop £98 I got it onine for about 35 but was a Xmas present from someone one I read it during the lockdown and I loved it I've seen the hard back standed edition for about 30 in a comic book shop I go to alot. V for vendetta was very good I've got the normal one and the black edition but never read the black edition as I like to collect them and have them in them in bank

Worth checking out if you haven't already the museum thing they were doing not worth it for the money you spend money on the tickets you spend money on the travel and the whole event was over in about 10 mins and the fact they used false ways to get you to visit such as the mask in the movie will be on show.... It was bad prototype it wasn't the movie worn one because that's hidden some place worth a lot of money though haha.

Would to see the 5 books that cost you a fortune if you've posted it say if not maybe post it

What's everyone reading currently?

I've got a lot going on so my reading list is pretty short, but it's basically just anything Star Wars. I do keep up with Chip Zdarsky's Daredevil and Deadly Class, but I'm way behind on that. I have a bunch of stuff saved for when I have time but it's going to be a while before I get to it - Eternals, James Tynion's Batman, Grant Morrison's Green Lantern, and a few other random things.

Latest posts

Back