The All About Politics Thread

In honor of President Elect Barack Obama, Ben & Jerry's ice cream is renaming their butter pecan flavor "Yes Pecan" for this month.

In honor of President Elect Barack Obama, Ben & Jerry's ice cream is renaming their butter pecan flavor "Yes Pecan" for this month.

Which only makes sense if you pronounce "pecan" as "pee-KAN" instead of how I think most people do: "pee-KAHN".

I heard the other night on Conan that Obama is embarrassed that he is still a smoker. When did he come out and say that he couldn't give up smoking?

I always knew Obama was one of the cool kids.

Which only makes sense if you pronounce "pecan" as "pee-KAN" instead of how I think most people do: "pee-KAHN".

I also say "pee-KAHN".

I think by all means, smoking should be prevented in future generations, but I like the idea that a President will at least be sympathetic to the plight of the already addicted.

*lights cig*

khaaan_2.jpg

Going to head over to the student union shortly to see the Inauguration! I am hell of excited.

Going to head over to the student union shortly to see the Inauguration! I am hell of excited.

I am so excited.

Things are so ****ty right now, especially in Michigan where the economy is worst in the state and the highest unemployment in the country. I know there are no guarantees with Obama and I know the "change" and "hope" things have been done to death, but if there's even the slightest chance of either, I'm all for it.

Is it wrong that I want Barrack to start his speech with, "Excuse me, while I whip this out"?

I just got back from watching the inauguration they played in the theater at my school. It was really great, I loved his speech. I also got a good laugh when he stumbled in his oath because a few minutes before I was thinking "Wow, I would not be able to keep my composure if I was in his shoes." But the speech was amazing and I loved ow when CNN cut to an audience member they cut away just as they realized their n national tv during an historic event
Is it wrong that I want Barrack to start his speech with, "Excuse me, while I whip this out"?

Not at all.

I just got back from watching the inauguration they played in the theater at my school. It was really great, I loved his speech. I also got a good laugh when he stumbled in his oath because a few minutes before I was thinking "Wow, I would not be able to keep my composure if I was in his shoes." But the speech was amazing and I loved ow when CNN cut to an audience member they cut away just as they realized their n national tv during an historic event

Not at all.

The part that kills me, you know as well as I, guys like O'Rielly will jump on The President's stumble on the oath.

people at the square are singing "Nana nana.... nana nana... hey hey hey... goood byyyyee!" as Bush's helicopter left

Last edited:
Bush has left the building.

I lol'd when the crowd chanted ''nana na na na na hey hey hey goodbye'' as he left in his copter.

The part that kills me, you know as well as I, guys like O'Rielly will jump on The President's stumble on the oath.

Guess what? THEY CAN'T. They just said on NBC that ROBERTS GAVE THE OATH WITHOUT NOTES, AND HE'S THE ONE WHO F***** IT UP!

Guess what? THEY CAN'T. They just said on NBC that ROBERTS GAVE THE OATH WITHOUT NOTES, AND HE'S THE ONE WHO F***** IT UP!

Yes well, when has Fox News ever depended on the truth?

people at the square are singing "Nana nana.... nana nana... hey hey hey... goood byyyyee!" as Bush's helicopter left

Damn it I missed that! I'm glad no one booed when Obama mentioned him in his speech, seems america has a little more class now with obama

Latest posts

Back