The All About Politics Thread

Turned out he had a seizure from fatigue, and he's fine at the moment.

And it's Ted Kennedy.

Yeah, I saw that, I was worried it was an aggravation or growth of the tumor, I get kinda antsy about it, with my Uncle having a brain tumor as well. Kinda strikes home.

And it's Edward Moore "Ted" Kennedy.

Does that also include presidential pay?

Didn't...think so.

Actually, i believe it does, as he himself said "All the people in my office will be capped" (paraphrased). Secondly, I seriously doubt he's going to write a request for a pay raise.

Last edited:
Executive Order = Law.
Considering how many executive orders in the history of histories have not retained permanence, I take issue with this equation.

This is not to suggest however, that I do not believe Obama is REALLY closing down Gitmo. I BELIEVES it! :shock:

Here's the thing that sucks about living in Texas. Especially Fort Worth, Texas. Especially in Fort Worth, Texas when you work down the street from the Amon Carter Expo center and the Stock Show is going on. Here's the THING: Texas is a red state and in this particular area at this particular time of year, this is the reddest part of the state. Not just on the necks of the people in town for the Stock Show but in their eyes and on the dagger tips of their tongues.

Once again, I find myself having to keep a tight lid on the boiling rage I feel when I have to hear these people open their mouths and speak some of the most hateful, narrow-minded and misinformed tripe I've ever heard in my life. I'm halfway convinced that since the other day, memberships to the KKK and Aryan Nation have skyrocketed. Everything from the flub during the oath to, as usual, Obama being black. OR, here's something more novel: Obama being not black, since his mother is white.

I can't repeat any of this garbage here because I'd probably be banned for a good, long while just because the harsh language and slurs violate any rule of decency on this or any other message board not affiliated with a racial "pride" group or hyper-right-wing braintrust (oxymoron?).

I'm still proud of how I voted and I'm proud that in the past few days, our new president seems to have been hard at work. I think the news that executive orders pertaining to the treatment of suspected terrorists and the closing of Gitmo are good things. No more of this hot-headed, reactionary American government. It's time to rebuild some bridges.

This will be an interesting 4 years, whatever the case.

The prison WILL be closed. It's still going to be one hell of a process to do, though.

There's some new concerns over this. The NY Times has an article today about how a former Gitmo detainee who was freed and went through the rehabilitation program in Yemen is now an authoritative figure in al Qaeda.

The president we all need:

ChangeintoaTruckforweb.jpg

Well, now they're questioning his birth certificate's authenticity stating, that back in the 60's his birth cert would have registered him as 'negro' instead of 'african-american'.

The conservative right should be ashamed of themselves.

Latest posts

Back