The All-About Video Games thread

I had it on so while im not playing in the middle of the night, it auto uploads my save files and trophies, which serves as a backup (well, not for the trophies- those are always tied to your profile).

I got yesterday :

• Super Street Fighter IV arcade
  • Starhawk
  • Retro City Rampage

Anyone here got Starhawk as I'd love to multiplayer that. Also Retro City is like the most awesome thing ever :lol:

I got yesterday :

• Super Street Fighter IV arcade
  • Starhawk
  • Retro City Rampage

Anyone here got Starhawk as I'd love to multiplayer that. Also Retro City is like the most awesome thing ever :lol:

And they just announced Ultra Street Fighter IV...

Yes for £30 to £40 :) this was £14 and it's £10 to £15 to upgrade. So I saved a little money and got to play sooner

Has anyone played XCOM: Enemy Unknown? It's a great game. Think Risk with aliens.

I'm currently on what I think is the last mission (or close to it anyways), but every time I'm about to finish the mission, the game keeps freezing on me. I'm afraid to keep trying as I don't want my PS3 to get damaged from having to turn it off with the power button.

Last edited:
Has anyone played XCOM: Enemy Unknown? It's a great game. Think Risk with aliens.

I've heard about it. Isn't it a first person shooter? I know it's been getting a lot of coverage.

I'm currently on what I think is the last mission (or close to it anyways), but every time I'm about to finish the mission, the game keeps freezing on me. I'm afraid to keep trying as I don't want my PS3 to get damaged from having to turn it off with the power button.

That sucks. Is the disc scratched or something? Has your PS3 ever done that on other games?

I'd assume its just a scratch or something on the disc, as if its only happening at that same point in the game it's from trying to read a portion of the disc that's damaged or something.

It's a 3rd person over the shoulder view.

And I downloaded the game from the PS store since it was a free download for PS+ users.

Last edited:
I've heard about it. Isn't it a first person shooter? I know it's been getting a lot of coverage.

It's a turn based squad-oriented strategy game. You control a team in missions fighting all manner of aliens. Permadeath is in effect for your squadmates. Between missions you manage research, base-building, upgrade squaddies, and manage your relationships with different nations.

It's pretty great.

There is a different X-Com game coming out from another publisher that's a more traditional third person shooter, but it isn't released yet.

Last edited:
It's a turn based squad-oriented strategy game. You control a team in missions fighting all manner of aliens. Permadeath is in effect for your squadmates. Between missions you manage research, base-building, upgrade squaddies, and manage your relationships with different nations.

It's pretty great.

There is a different X-Com game coming out from another publisher that's a more traditional third person shooter, but it isn't released yet.

Ah, ok, thanks. I'll check it out.

Does that mean the saddest one of the characters is going to spend 25 years desperately trying to get a third one made while the most successfully disdainfully ignores him?

No they are saving that for the sequel

So what would that mean for Nintendo? Would they try later again with a new console? Would the stick to handheld consoles in the future and release their regular games on other systems?

Investment Site Says Nintendo Could Be Forced To Discontinue The Wii U Next Year

I hope I'll be able to get one before this happens. There are still games for it (and coming out soon/next year) that I want.

That's unlikely. The site that originally posted that article (which was linked to in the article you posted) has a bad track record regarding similar predictive claims.

While the Wii U game's line up early on was severely lacking, they're making headway. Windwaker HD was a nice sales booster, and next year they've got the new Mario Kart, Smash Bros, and the new Zelda (though that may not be until 2015).

And hopefully a new Metroid in the next couple years.

While the Wii U game's line up early on was severely lacking, they're making headway.

So was the Wii and the 3DS (probably others).

It makes sense if you think about it - there are going to be people that are going to buy a new console at launch no matter what, and might not even care about the games (at least in terms of big names like Zelda). That's what we did - the backward compatibility was a huge plus in making that decision. But I also have 3 young kids who are happy to sit and play Nintendoland for hours at a time. Sell to those people and get maximum profit possible on the console (the Christmas that it came out you couldn't find the Wii U ANYWHERE, not around here at least), then after things slow a little bit you drop the price and focus on the big name games. Doesn't everyone always do that? I don't get why this analyst is getting the time of day.

So was the Wii and the 3DS (probably others). It makes sense if you think about it - there are going to be people that are going to buy a new console at launch no matter what, and might not even care about the games (at least in terms of big names like Zelda). That's what we did - the backward compatibility was a huge plus in making that decision. But I also have 3 young kids who are happy to sit and play Nintendoland for hours at a time. Sell to those people and get maximum profit possible on the console (the Christmas that it came out you couldn't find the Wii U ANYWHERE, not around here at least), then after things slow a little bit you drop the price and focus on the big name games. Doesn't everyone always do that? I don't get why this analyst is getting the time of day.

Exactly. My only recommendation for Nintendo would be to focus on releasing those bigger name games a bit more often. The huge jump in Wii U's sales due to the Wind Waker HD bundle shows there's a huge interest in their bigger name titles, just like the Metroid Prime games helped move a lot of Gamecubes and Wiis.

Latest posts

Back