The All-About Video Games thread

Ever wonder what MK8 would have been like if it wasn't de-railed in to a cross-over with DC characters?

Well here's some potential re-designs that would have been implemented if artist Vincent Proce's pitch had fallen through:

Here are the never before seen Mortal Kombat characters I designed for a Mortal Kombat pitch I made before I left Midway last year. The basis for the idea was a re imagining of the Mortal Kombat franchise from the original premise but mixing modern muti-player and dismemberment game design with the original fighting mechanic.

I also took the original character designs and upgraded them.

procescorpion.jpg

Scorpion as a wraith wearing the yellow blood of the demon that helped him resurrected to exact his revenge against his mortal enemy.

proceraiden.jpg

Raiden as a god who's feet rarely touch the ground.

procesonya.jpg

Sonya, the daughter of a Texas Ranger who's sex appeal weakens her opponents while her Special Forces training kicks their asses.

procekano.jpg

Kano, half Japanese half US military bad ***.

These are the only four characters I designed and presented with the pitch. The game idea isn't going to happen now that I no longer work there. I still would like to one day redesign all the rest of the original characters if I ever find the time.

I really like the Scorpion design, very cool

I think sonya's sex appeal would be more of a double-edged sword. You can never count out a man's horniness factor.

But I read too many mangas.

Last edited:
What I didn't get about Sonya's design was the arbitrarily armoured arm, looks like a metal boxing gloves with spikes on it

So my Uncharted: Drake's Fortune game keeps freezing on me, on the exact same spot in the 3rd chapter. Will go and exchange it tomorrow since I have to pick up KH: 358/2 Days.

I am blaming Gemini for this.

So my Uncharted: Drake's Fortune game keeps freezing on me, on the exact same spot in the 3rd chapter. Will go and exchange it tomorrow since I have to pick up KH: 358/2 Days.

I am blaming Gemini for this.

I have heard this is a problem with ps3 firmware 3.0 that has yet to be fixed, and may never be.

yeah there was an issue with the 3.0 update, I thought I heard something about 3.01 being released to fix it though, is that not out yet?

I finished Shadow of the Colossus today.

It's fantastic. I especially love the brilliance of the final playable sequence.
You play as this awe-inspiring, godlike beast, you feel like nothing can stop you...but then you're reminded that you've been spending the game fighting such things and taking them down.

Overall, I have two regrets. 1. I suspect this would have had a better emotional impact if the grey aspects hadn't been spoiled for me. 2. Just as I was halfway through the ending movie, I realized I was late for my haircut and had to catch the rest of it on Youtube an hour later. Very mood-ruining, though that's not the game's fault.

Later, I'm going to make a thread about the upcoming movie and why it's probably not a good idea.

So I just traded in an ***-load of stuff, picked up Batman: Arkham Asylum, reserved and payed off Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and The God of War HD Re-issue (traded in my PS2 versions for that one) and got a 50$ PSN card so I can get the Queen 10 pack and Abbey Road for Rock Band on the 20th.

Got 100$ on my trade in credit, what should I get? Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Brutal Legend, Lego Rock Band (might just rent this to import the songs into my RB2), or Assasin's Creed II?

Not directly related to video games...

This week, a year long quest has come to an end. I have finsihed building a high end gaming computer on Saturday! It came at around $1,200 dollars, but rebates helped along the way.

Still need a bigger monitor, though.

Windows 7
Intel Core i7 920 CPU
6 GB DDR3 RAM
Radeon HD 4870 IceQ 4+ Turbo Video Card
Cooler Master V8 CPU Cooler
Creative X-Fi Sound Blaster Titanium Fata1ty Sound Card
XFX 850W Black Edition PSU

I'm thinking of posting some pics of the outside and the inside... which is very much crammed. The XFX power supply has some really thick cables, and the length of the video card doesn't help much either.

Latest posts

Back