The All-About Video Games thread

Is anyone else getting Mario Kart 8 this month? I need people to play online against.

I don't know if I will be able to get it right when it comes out but yes - I will be getting it.

Lots of characters revealed for Smash Bros., one most notably being Pac-Man, as shown from NOA's official Twitter account:

tumblr_n6zhwmP0r81qasnlao1_500.png

I'm losing my mind because Nintendo won't announce a new Metroid game. Apparently the Wii U will be like the N64 in regards to having no Metroid on it.

#sadpanda

Do not lose faith my brother! There's rumblings from the west of a Metroid game that is to arrive at dawn on horseback.

I'm excited for Smash Bros... but Star Wars Battlefront? I would never leave my house.

I'm excited alone just by the lengths they've gone to really give fans a great game.

I was reading some fan reaction to the video - it is EXTREMELY pessimistic. I was really surprised.

At least I was surprised until I thought about it. It's been in development for ages and the developer doesn't have a great track record. But the potential for this game is incredible.

I LOVED Battlefront 2. It is one of my all-time favorites, and I think the only games I've put more time in on are Metal Gear Solid and maybe Super Mario Bros. 2 or 3.

I am so, so excited for it. It is probably the one game that will entice me to buy a PS4.

Yeah I played the hell out of Battlefront 2 and I'm not really a fan of shooters. I was really pessimistic when EA was given Star Wars but so far this is showing a lot of promise (especially since it seems that THEY ARE TAKING THEIR TIME).

I am shocked and so excited that we're getting a new Star Fox and the controls look amazing

zxwks2lrmwgrpts6ldqx.png

Last edited:
I was reading some fan reaction to the video - it is EXTREMELY pessimistic. I was really surprised.

At least I was surprised until I thought about it. It's been in development for ages and the developer doesn't have a great track record. But the potential for this game is incredible.

I LOVED Battlefront 2. It is one of my all-time favorites, and I think the only games I've put more time in on are Metal Gear Solid and maybe Super Mario Bros. 2 or 3.

I am so, so excited for it. It is probably the one game that will entice me to buy a PS4.
Ohhh, interesting. I just saw the video of them going to the Lucas Museum and going to the places shot in the original films and all and being amazed they did all that for the game.

This was quite entertaining.
[video=youtube;_1hkSUGgPC8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1hkSUGgPC8[/video]

We bought Mario Kart 8 a few days ago but just last night I became aware of the promotion Nintendo is doing - register the game and get a free game download. You get to pick between Wind Waker HD, Super Mario Bros. Wii U, Pikman, and Wii Party U. We almost got Pikmin 3 but ended up going with Wind Waker HD, and I played it for THREE HOURS last night when I had a bunch of other things I had to do. We had it for Gamecube and I almost finished it but didn't. I played all the way to the Deku Tree last night.

Also, we were looking at some of the game videos from E3 and Yoshii's Woolly World looks INCREDIBLE. it's like a cross between A Boy And His Blob and Little Big Planet, and looks like one of the most innovative games I've ever seen.

First time I played Wind Waker I played it for 24 hours straight. I got to the Deku Tree in that time. To be fair my buddy was playing as a very mischievous Tingle.

Also, we were looking at some of the game videos from E3 and Yoshii's Woolly World looks INCREDIBLE. it's like a cross between A Boy And His Blob and Little Big Planet, and looks like one of the most innovative games I've ever seen.

Personally I'm more excited for the full Captain Toad game. Those levels were so great in Super Mario 3D World.

We bought Mario Kart 8 a few days ago but just last night I became aware of the promotion Nintendo is doing - register the game and get a free game download. You get to pick between Wind Waker HD, Super Mario Bros. Wii U, Pikman, and Wii Party U. We almost got Pikmin 3 but ended up going with Wind Waker HD, and I played it for THREE HOURS last night when I had a bunch of other things I had to do. We had it for Gamecube and I almost finished it but didn't. I played all the way to the Deku Tree last night.

I got Pikman 3, but only because I already had the other 3. I did consider getting NSMBW and trading in my physical copy but decided that trying out Pikman would be a better use of my freeness.

Personally I'm more excited for the full Captain Toad game. Those levels were so great in Super Mario 3D World.

That looks good too.

I really want Super Mario 3D world but haven't had a chance to get it yet.

I got Pikman 3, but only because I already had the other 3. I did consider getting NSMBW and trading in my physical copy but decided that trying out Pikman would be a better use of my freeness.

I would've got NSMBWU but I already had it. I beat it a while back...I don't usually finish games like that but it's a great game.

I feel guilty for not getting Pikmin 3 because we have Nintendoland and my daughters loved Pikmin in that, but we got Disney Infinity for them (and the Frozen figures) and they've barely touched it. My son has played it a lot. All 3 of them love Minecraft and play it all the time so I thought they would really be into Disney Infinity but they haven't.

Plus my son really wanted Wind Waker HD, and it was good to be able to get him a game to play this summer.

That looks good too.

I really want Super Mario 3D world but haven't had a chance to get it yet.

I would've got NSMBWU but I already had it. I beat it a while back...I don't usually finish games like that but it's a great game.

I feel guilty for not getting Pikmin 3 because we have Nintendoland and my daughters loved Pikmin in that, but we got Disney Infinity for them (and the Frozen figures) and they've barely touched it. My son has played it a lot. All 3 of them love Minecraft and play it all the time so I thought they would really be into Disney Infinity but they haven't.

Plus my son really wanted Wind Waker HD, and it was good to be able to get him a game to play this summer.
Wind Waker HD is fantastic. Had I not already had it it would have been a slam dunk for me.

Wind Waker HD is fantastic.

My only complaint is with how they changed the grappling hook. I keeping finding myself automatically going back to the old way and walking off of cliffs.

Latest posts

Back