Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man post-Spider-Island (ASM #674 and beyond)

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
I haven't read this but it sounds absolutely atrocious. It doesn't sound anything like Spider-Man.

E

Excelsior Club
Slott has completely lost it. This book used to be pretty great.

I'm not against the concept of consciousness-transferring stories, but I have yet to read one that didn't come across as hokey, including this one.

Captain Canuck

The poster formerly known as captaincanuck65
E said:
Slott has completely lost it. This book used to be pretty great.

I'm not against the concept of consciousness-transferring stories, but I have yet to read one that didn't come across as hokey, including this one.

I really liked "Jump the Shark" from USM's early days. But it was a spoof, so that has a lot todo with why it worked.

Also, Flash & Lex Luthor in the JLA cartoon was well handled.

E

Excelsior Club
I really liked "Jump the Shark" from USM's early days. But it was a spoof, so that has a lot todo with why it worked.

Agreed, but I'd say its the only reason it worked.

It also worked with Lukin/Captain America but that was ok because it was the Cosmic Cube doing it. Having it done using some kind of technological method is just stupid. It's just cheap writing.

E

Excelsior Club
I think I have a bigger problem with it having come out of nowhere with no hint or indication that something was up than I do it being a bad story.

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
I read it and I agree with the theory that they had already switched bodies before that scene.

Captain Canuck

The poster formerly known as captaincanuck65
Yeah, clearly Peter Parker was possessed by Ock throughout the entire issue, the question is, when did the switch take place?

I don't think it happened before this issue. When Dock Ock woke up and spoke for the first time in ages it was probably b/c Peter's consciousness was transferred into him.

Last edited:

Latest posts