The Beatles discussion thread

Re: Teh Beatles OMG FINALLY LOL!!!!!!1111111

The White Album is the greatest album in music history. This is fact.

Abbey Road is probably #2. Revolver might just be #3.

See it really changes for me. For the longest time it was the white album for me, but then, honest to god, hearing revolver in mono changed my mind. It is astounding. Mostly because of TNK

I'm listening to The White Album right now.

Sgt. Pepper's is kind of special for me since it was actually my first exposure to The Beatles: My awesome fourth-grade teacher would play it all the time in class. I distinctly remember how much I loved Lucy In the Sky with Diamonds.

But then again, I was pretty into acid at the time.

I'm listening to The White Album right now.

Thanks to moonie I listened to the White Album yesterday and Blur's 13 on Friday.

Thanks to moonie I listened to the White Album yesterday and Blur's 13 on Friday.
I know, I'm incredible.

Anyways, Helter Skelter blows me away. I keep on thinking of how frightening and extreme people thought The Who were back in the sixties. I think Helter Skelter is heavier than anything else I've ever heard from that time. No wonder it contributed to Charles Manson's insanity. (It and Revolution 9, which is the scariest recording I've ever heard.)

Last edited:

I know, I'm incredible.

Anyways, Helter Skelter blows me away. I keep on thinking of how frightening and extreme people thought The Who were back in the sixties. I think Helter Skelter is heavier than anything else I've ever heard from that time. No wonder it contributed to Charles Manson's insanity. (It and Revolution 9, which is the scariest recording I've ever heard.)

Revolution 9 has given me nightmares, and alternatively inspired me.

it is without a doubt an amazing track.

Revolution 9 has given me nightmares, and alternatively inspired me.

it is without a doubt an amazing track.
Yeah, I remember something about the song popping up in a dream last night, but I can't remember the exact context.

The little bits of talking freak me out so much. Like you're accidentally overhearing people's conversations.

I have a theory that the point of Revolution 9 is something like seeing time all at once. As in, the sounds and talking and music represent various moments from a particular period of time (The making of the album, perhaps The Beatles entire career. I'm leaning towards the former, since the song's nightmarish attributes could be indicative of the disputes that formed in the band during the making of the album) all condensed into eight minutes and shot into your ears.

Which is obviously pretty overwhelming.

Yeah, I remember something about the song popping up in a dream last night, but I can't remember the exact context.

The little bits of talking freak me out so much. Like you're accidentally overhearing people's conversations.

I have a theory that the point of Revolution 9 is something like seeing time all at once. As in, the sounds and talking and music represent various moments from a particular period of time (The making of the album, perhaps The Beatles entire career. I'm leaning towards the former, since the song's nightmarish attributes could be indicative of the disputes that formed in the band during the making of the album) all condensed into eight minutes and shot into your ears.

Which is obviously pretty overwhelming.

I see it LITERALLY as the soundtrack to a Revolution.

And I think it works like that.

When I originally ripped the White Album for my iPod, I left off Revolution 9 because I wanted to save space. Eventually I got an external hard drive for my music and space was no longer a concern, and I went back through my CDs to rip everything I hadn't ripped. But I didn't bother with the wankery that is Revolution 9.

Revolution 9 is only interesting if you listen to it for the supposed Paul is Dead clues, and even then it's a chore. As much as I love the Beatles, Revlution 9 is a waste of time. Nothing but John trying to prove to Yoko how avant garde he is so he could bone her.

Boooooring.

i disagree. i agree that it was john trying to impress yoko, but i disagree that it is boring. i like it a lot.

It's not highly enjoyable to listen to, but I like it as experimental music.

And like I said, it's ****ing terrifying, which is a pretty good accomplishment in and of itself.

As mentioned in the All About Movies thread, I found Across the Universe highly disappointing but not altogether awful.

The first minute and twenty seconds of this scene are great though:

[youtube]Z4bib4PBqGA[/youtube]

That little dead black kid is talented.

I thought the lady and the choir oversang it though.

I forgot to post this when I finished it:

YellowSubmarine.jpg

There were lots of little nicks and mistakes when I was trying to cut it, including several to my own fingers. (Cutting illustration board with an x-acto knife is a *****.)

I still haven't bothered to cut out the propeller.

Is that..... is that a shrinky dink?:shock:
:? No. It's like, 15 inches across. It's on illustration board with watercolor and ink.

What made you think it was a Shrinky Dink?

Last edited:

This video is the awesomest thing ever.

[youtube]cw41VqE0UjA[/youtube]

I love Love.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back